26.

AN - SO I'VE BEEN THINKING A BIT ABOUT LOGAN, SAM AND THE OTHER SPECIAL CHILDREN. WITH THE WHOLE DEMON BLOOD THING. AND WONDERED WHETHER THAT POWER THING WOULD BE PASSED ON. SO WOULD ROBBIE BE BORN WITH DEMON BLOOD IN HIM BECAUSE OF LOGAN?? WOULD HE HAVE SOME LEVEL OF POWERS?? HE'D GET NOTHING FROM BRUCE BECAUSE LOGAN BECAME PREGNANT BEFORE HIS ACCIDENT. I WAS JUST CURIOUS. 

- IF YES, DO YOU WANT HIM TO HAVE A POWER?? IF YES TO THAT, WHAT SORT OF POWER?? MAYBE SOMETHING SIMILAR TO LOGAN'S POWER, MAYBE ANIMAL EMPATHY?? IF YOU NEED IDEAS CHECK OUT: powerlisting.wikia.com

After that one call Bruce's contact remains constant, they talk mostly about nothing special, he asks for her advice on science stuff, talks her through ideas and problems like they used to. Despite Bobby's death she feels like the old her is right there, of course with everything she's been through the old her is never coming back completely, but parts of her shine through. More so when talking to Bruce. He asked about Robbie too, she skirts around that, being vague. Telling him about his son is not something to be done over the phone. It's not something she wants to do over the phone. When she does tell him and she does plan on doing it eventually, it will be face to face. And Robbie will know first, she will explain it to him as best as she can without coming off as a terrible mother. Spring seems to bring about the promise for heartbreak just as Fall had and after a phone call from a hospital that had them rushing to get dressed. Dean had bolted out straight away, after making sure Logan had the hospital address, she'd stayed to get Robbie dressed before they followed in her car. The spring weather a nice touch to what she believes will be a crappy day. Like a feeling in her gut but then again they get a call to say Sam is in the hospital and she's not going to feel good about it. And yeah she and Dean may break a few speeding laws to get there. Dean is waiting for her when she arrives, in the end not that far behind him, Robbie is running towards him as Logan pulls on her jacket, Dean pulls the boy up and lets him clutch to him for comfort. It's too close. It's too close to the loss of Bobby and Robbie is threatening to crumble again. Dean takes Logan's hand and then he is moving them, heading into the hospital.

..................

Dean, carrying Robbie, pushes through a set of hospital doors followed by Logan, they are both followed by a nurse who is trying to stop them.

"Okay, sir? Miss? You can't just barge in here without an appointment!"

"They said, "Talk to Kadinsky." You Kadinsky?" Dean asks a doctor sat at the desk in front of them.

"You need to be scheduled!" the nurse argues.

"Well, then, schedule us! He was in a car crash" Dean snaps.

"Why the hell can't we see him?" Logan asks, another doctor approaches them.

"You're Sam Smith's brother...and sister?" he asks them. Dean turns and nods.

"Yeah, what's going on?" Dean asks, the doctor turns to the nurse.

"It – it's fine. Thank you. Really" The nurse leaves. "Sam was admitted. He was treated for a broken rib and lacerations"

"Okay. That's not too bad. And?" Dean offers wrapping an arm around Logan.

"And... he's on our locked psychiatric floor" Logan looks surprised.

"I mean, he's had some trouble..." she starts defensively.

"So you're aware that Sam is experiencing a full-blown psychotic episode?" Kadinsky asks her.

"Psychotic?" she asks shaking her head.

"Come on. I mean, the guy's... It's not like the guy's freakin' Norman Bates" Dean argues.

"No, I'm sure he isn't. We need to determine whether his state was brought on by the insomnia or whether the insomnia is a symptom of his condition. Do you understand? So that we can figure out how to treat him"

"Well, all I can say is that the sleep thing is – is kind of new" Logan offers.

"Right. Well... we've pumped him about as full of sedatives as we safely can. So far, he won't go under. I've never seen anything like it"

................

Dr. Kadinsky pushes a button to enter Ward D2. A sign on the wall and the door read "High Security Area". He and Dean walk down the hallway in the ward. Logan and Robbie walk behind them, Robbie clutching to his mother's hand, as close as he can be to her. Dean glances back at them, checking they're okay, Logan nods a little in response.

.............

In Sam's hospital room. Hallucifer is sitting on a desk, playing with a piece of string. Sam is on the bed, dressed in a white T-shirt and white hospital pants.

"I'm just sayin'. Back when you had no soul..." Hallucifer states, Kadinsky, Dean and Logan appear at the door, Robbie waits out of view of Sam. Just in case. "...you never had to sleep" Dean and Logan share a look, she nods to Sam and Dean takes a breath before entering the room. "Ah, Mr. Helpless. Pull up a six-pack, buddy"

"How are you feeling?" Dean asks Sam.

"Maybe you should cancel my UFC fight"

"Yeah. Keep that sense of humor, Sam. It'll get you through this" Hallucifer offers, Dean sits down on the end of Sam's bed.

"Sam, I'm gonna find you help" Sam exhales and looks away.

"Now, that sounded a little cynical" Hallucifer comments.

"I don't think it's out there, Dean" Sam argues.

"We don't know that"

"We know better than most. It's all snake oil. Last faith healer we hooked up with had a reaper on a leash. Remember?" Dean stands up.

"Yeah, Sam, I remember"

"I'm just saying..."

"What? That you don't want my help?"

"No, I'm just saying... don't do this to yourself"

"Sam, if we don't find something...." Dean starts.

"Then I'll die. Dean, we knew this was coming"

"No" Dean argues.

"When you put my soul back Cas warned you about all the crap it would..."

"Screw Cas! Quit being Dalai frickin' Yoda about this, okay? Get pissed!" Dean snaps causing Sam to sigh.

"I'm too tired. This is what happens when you throw a soul into Lucifer's dog bowl. And you think there's just gonna be some cure out there?" Sam looks at Dean sadly. Dean nods and bites his lip, he looks to Logan who sniffles slightly. Dean then leaves the room, pushing past Logan gently. She and Sam share a look, he tries to give her a smile, it comes out more pained then reassuring. She tries to smile back at him before she leaves too.