27

A/N - THINKING THAT ROBBIE WILL HAVE THE SAME POWERS AS LOGAN, JUST SWITCHED UP. LOGAN IS HEAVY PATHOKINETIC, AND LIGHT TELEKINETIC. ROBBIE IS HEAVY TELEKINETIC AND LIGHT PATHOKINETIC. (Like mother like son)

Dean is looking through a journal and talking on the phone, Logan naps with her head in Dean's lap and Robbie is sleeping in the room at the back of the cabin. Dean sighs getting voicemail.

"I'm a friend of Bobby Singer's. I'm looking for some info. If you could, uh, call me back. 785-555-0128. Thanks" He hangs up and crosses a name off a list before threading his fingers through Logan's hair.

...............

A nurse is taking Sam's blood pressure and temperature as Hallucifer looks on.

...............

Logan pours herself and Dean mugs off coffee as he rolls his eyes on the phone, again.

"I am so sorry to have bothered you" He mumbles sarcastically and then crosses another name off his list. Eight names are now crossed off. He pushes his hands into his eyes and looks up as Logan joins him, he hands over a coffee and sits at his side.

...............

Hallucifer is reading from a large book. Sam is sitting on the edge of the bed, facing away from Hallucifer.

"Narcissistic personality disorder. Okay, now, this one I could have" Hallucifer comments, a nurse enters the room.

"Time for meds, Sam"

"Sets unrealistic goals. Check. But trouble keeping healthy relationships? Not so sure about that one. Thoughts?" Hallucifer asks.

.............

Logan is on the phone now, Robbie sits watching tv in front of her, a bowl of cereal in his lap. Dean is on Logan's laptop clicking through results. Neither of them notice the spoon in Robbie's bowl moving by itself.

"Yeah. Thanks" Logan comments into the phone then hangs up, crosses out another name, closes the journal and picks up a smaller journal. She tosses the smaller journal onto a table as stands, walking to the refrigerator. As she is taking out a soda, the journal falls to the ground. Logan picks it up. A business card for Mackey's Taxidermy has fallen out. On the back is a cell phone number. She taps her fingers on the card and then grabs her cellphone, dialling. "Yeah, hi. Uh... my name's Logan. I'm a friend of Bobby Singer's. I'm, uh, looking for some info. If you could call me back at 785-555-0128. Thanks" Logan hangs up and then sighs.

.............

Sam is sitting on the edge of his bed with his eyes closed. Dr Kadinsky enters the room.

"Sam, how are we feeling today? Rib pain – scale of 1 to 10?"

"It's – it's not bad. Um Three"

"You don't have to lie, Sam"

"I'm – I'm not"

"You've suffered terrible agony. I mean, your 10 must be astronomical"

"Yeah. I-I guess I have a high threshold"

"Yeah. But the worst is knowing that there's always a new 10"

"What are you talking about?" Sam asks.

"Well, I'm talking about the truly elegant torture I have prepared for you today..." Dr Kadinsky morphs into Hallucifer. "...Sam" Sam gets up and turns away from Hallucifer.

"Just stay the hell away from me"

"But it's – it's so nice chatting. Sam, I hate these one-sided conversations. Come on, buddy. Engage. Sam? You... me... locked ward. Is it me, or is this just like the Cage?" Hallucifer mocks.

...................

Sam is sitting on the bed, yawning. An orderly brings in a tray. Sam picks up a plate holding a sandwich and sits down on the bed again. He takes a bite, then looks down at the sandwich and sees that it is crawling with maggots. He drops the sandwich to the floor and moves further up the bed. A girl wearing white hospital clothes with a bandage on her neck is watching from the doorway.

.........................

Dean is doing a search on the laptop. He brings up the Amazing Grace Helping Friends website. His phone rings. Logan moves to answer it, brushing her hair out of the way.

"Hello?"

"Logan?"

"Yeah, who's this?" she asks.

"Mackey. Calling you back. Hey. Real sorry about Bobby"

"Yeah, me too"

"Look, what you called about – I might have something for you. There's this guy. He goes by Emmanuel. He kind of roams. First started hearing about him a couple of months back. How he was healing the sick, curing the crazy"

"Uh-huh" she offers moving closer to Dean.

"Naturally, I think something in the milk ain't clean. Find this sucker, punch his clock. Right?"

"Right" she agrees setting the phone on speaker so Dean can hear.

"Heard the best way to get to him is through his wife, Daphne, out in Colorado? So, I go. Tell her I'm going blind. It's true. My right eye's burnt out. She says, "Go home. He'll come." So, I go. I set every trap, every test in the book"

"That's what I would have done" Logan agrees.

"Emmanuel shows. He passes every one. There ain't nothing weird about this guy. Except... he's the real deal"

"What do you mean?" Dean asks.

"He touched me, and my eye was fixed. Look – I don't believe in much that don't suck your blood. But I wouldn't call you on a maybe" Dean and Logan share a look.

.................

Logan throws her jacket into the back of her car as Robbie climbs in the front. Logan turns to Dean after she shuts the door, he runs his hands over his face and through his hair.

"Just go check on Sam" she comments. "We'll find this Emmanuel" she assures him, Dean nods and takes a breath.

"You be careful too" he offers pulling her into a quick hug she hugs him back and then lets go climbing into her car.  Dean heads back inside as the car rumbles away, leaving the cabin behind.