22.

Logan sits writing as Robbie is curled up on the couch when Sam and Dean return 4 days later, the kid quickly hides his bear that he was definitely not snuggling whilst watching Curious George on the tv. Dean smirks though having seen it, but remains quiet as he heads into the second bedroom to dump his crap, Sam grabs Logan's beer from the table and drops his bag there before he sits on the floor in front of Robbie and drinks from the beer, he cocks his head watching the tv.

"This is what passes for children's tv now?" Sam asks watching the monkey on the screen.

"Leave George alone" Logan teases from the table behind them, Robbie smirks a little. "The little dude is cute"

"Yeah, little dude is cute" Robbie agrees teasingly. Sam chuckles around the beer. Logan pulls a face behind them. "Reflection" Robbie points out pointing to the tv and Logan stops pulling a face, Sam doesn't stop the laugh this time. Dean returns and grabs his own beer from the fridge, he pulls off the cap looking at Logan.

"What are you doing?" he asks, she shrugs a little.

"Writing a letter" she answers twirling the pen between her fingers. Dean pulls a confused face, she chuckles. "It's nothing" she offers folding her pen and paper away. "How was it?" She asks, Dean nods a little and looks to Sam.

"You know" Dean offers. "The usual crap" Logan raises an eyebrow at him. "Nothing that won't sort itself out" he promises her drinking his beer.

.............

Bruce rubs at his eyes before pulling his glasses back on, the tea in front of him warming his fingers. He forgot to close the window in his bedroom the night before and woke freezing, not that he actually felt it, his body more keen on mourning the loss of Logan, he craves her. Being around her again just reminded him how great, how amazing, how perfect it was the first time around. It's been over a month but he still swears his bed smells like her. He can still feel her. Tony walks in behind him and smirks seeing Bruce sat on his usual seat at the counter.

"You got mail" Tony teases setting the letter next to Bruce's arm, Bruce raises an eyebrow and looks to the letter, handwritten, handwriting he would never forget, he smirks and picks it up.

"It's from Logan" Bruce offers.

"You know we have email and cell phones and video calls now" Tony offers pouring himself a cup of coffee, Bruce smirks and shakes his head reading the letter. Of course she has.

"We used to write letters all the time" Bruce admits. "I'd find them everywhere" he whispers letting his eyes linger on the messages within the equations. "Letters and doodles and post it notes...."

"You two were a sickly sappy couple, weren't you?" Tony asks smirking at him. Bruce glances to him. "You really loved her" Tony offers quieter, Bruce nods and looks down.

"Yeah, I did...." he touches the edges of the letter. "I still do" he admits looking to Tony. "Always will...."

"She's that illusive 'one'?" Tony teases sitting across from him. "So why don't you call her?" Tony asks. "Rekindle that thing"

"Because it's been...7 years and 4....5 months since we were....that" Bruce answers folding away the letter. "That's a long time...that's moving on, married with kids time" Bruce points out.

"None of which she mentioned at all when she was here...." Tony counters, Bruce shrugs.

"Maybe she wanted to keep her private life private" Bruce offers in way of explanation, he's been trying not to think about it. To not think about her with someone else. Marrying someone else. Having someone else's kids. Because it unsettles the other guy and him to be honest. Makes his skin crawl. He was her first. He was the one that took her virginity. He was her first love. That means something. And he knows she's been with other men, she all but told him. He runs his fingers over the paper of the folded letter. "You gonna write back?" Tony asks watching his friend.

"If she's married, or in a relationship, wouldn't it....complicate things?" Bruce asks. "I shouldn't"

"She wouldn't have written if she didn't want you to write back" Tony argues standing again. "My advice" he starts. "If she is your...'one'. You really gonna let her get away? After all this time?" Tony pats his shoulder and then walks away leaving Bruce to think on it. If she was a civilian, if she was out there and they'd passed on the street, he maybe would walk away, but she's not exactly a civilian, she's capable of protecting herself, from anything really and him, she can shut the other guy down before he comes out. Her powers contradict his. He checks the letter for a return address but gets none, and she didn't exactly say where she was living when they talked.

........................

Logan stands with her arms around Robbie as they look at the car Bobby had brought up for them, it's nothing flashy or exciting, just an old junk bucket Bobby fixed up.

"What do you think?" she asks, Robbie shrugs in her arms. "We can paint on a go faster strip if you really want it" she assures him, he laughs and looks up at her.

"Do you think it will help?" he asks, she shrugs.

"If you believe so then yeah" she answers and kisses his head. "And it's only for when Sam and Dean are off doing their thing anyway"

"Then it's okay" he offers and shrugs trying to play it off. He kind of wanted him and his mom to have their own thing now, for a while. He loves his Uncles of course he does, but they are always around. At least at Genie's he gets a break but that also means from Logan. He wants more time with his mother.

"Shall we take a drive?" she asks him dangling the keys between her fingers, he nods.

"Can I sit up front?" he asks back moving to the car, Logan glances to the door where Dean leans, he nods and tips his beer towards her as she climbs into the car, Robbie climbing over her lap to sit in the seat next to her, he pulls on his seat belt, she closes the door and then starts the engine, the vehicle rumbling to life, not the same as the impala's rumble but this car has a rumble all of it's own. Logan pulls on her seat belt and then rives away from the cabin. Robbie reaching over to play with the dials on the dash. Logan takes a relaxing breath. As much as she loves her brothers there is something about it just being her and Robbie.