Chapter 29

I woke up and smiled. Shawn's arms were wrapped tightly around me and his head was nestled against the back of my neck. He was breathing slowly and evenly, so I knew he was still sleeping. As I waited for him to wake up, I replayed the previous night in my head. He'd been so thoughtful and caring. What could have been a painful or awkward experience had been tender and loving. And satisfying. The fact that more orgasms like the one I'd had last night awaited me was pretty exciting. I sighed at the thought.

"What was that for?" Shawn mumbled into my hair.

I turned over so that I was facing him. His hair was crazy and looked like it had doubled in volume. He had creases on his cheek from the pillowcase. And his eyes, wow, his eyes had the most adorable drowsy look to them. I could get used to waking up to this face.

"I was thinking about last night," I told him honestly.

"Mmmm. It was the first thing I thought of, too." He then yawned.

Just then, the shade covering the large window slowly started to rise.

"Why is it doing that?" I asked, pulling the covers up so that I wasn't exposed.

"No one can see you. And I have them programmed to open at 7:00 so that I'm forced to get up and go to the gym.

I looked out the window at the CN Tower. "It's a nice view to wake up to."

"I like the one I'm seeing now better," he said softly as he kept his eyes on me.

I bit my lip as I felt myself blush.
Shawn reached over for a remote that was on the bedside table and the shade lowered back down.

"I thought no one could see us," I said.

"In theory, no. But I'm not about to start something with the shade wide open," he said as he pulled me to him.

"What are you starting?" I asked coyly.

"There was something you really enjoyed last night, and I'm dying to hear you moan my name again."

My body immediately began tingling with anticipation. I really wanted a repeat performance of his oral skills.

"Hm, well I'd love that," I said, "but you have to let me return the favor."

He grinned. "I guess I could allow that."

An hour later we were in the kitchen drinking coffee.

"When do we need to leave?" I asked.

"My mom said to get there around 10:00. So I guess we should leave by 9:20."

I took a sip of my coffee. "I hate not bringing something. I could have made a breakfast casserole or some muffins."

Shawn kissed the top of my head. "Next time. Today isn't really about the food. It's about you meeting my family."

It was always about the food to me, but I didn't argue with him.

After several cups of coffee, we went back to his room to start getting ready. I pulled back the duvet to straighten it before making the bed. That's when I noticed blood on the bottom sheet.

"Oh no!" I said. "I hope that will come out."

Shawn followed my gaze. "Shit. I didn't want you to bleed. Are you in pain now?"

"Don't worry about me! Your lovely sheets might be ruined!"

He wrapped his arms around me. "Baby, they are just sheets. They can be replaced. Tell me, are you sore?"

"A little."

"No sex today then. If you feel better tomorrow, we can try then."

I pushed back from him. "What if I want to have sex? I love that you're being so considerate, but I want in on this decision!"