Chapter 84

Shawn❤️: so what's the taco of the day?

Me: Braised short rib tacos with housemade pickled red onions and spicy peppers.

Shawn❤️: I'm drooling 🤤

As a fun warm weather theme for the bistro, I'd introduced Taco Tuesdays. Each Tuesday night there was a featured artisan taco that sold at a fairly low price. The first week it had been a Thai chicken taco. The following week was a beer battered fish taco. This week was the short rib variety, and next week would be a traditional carne asada taco. I added other things to the menu like chips and salsa, guacamole, and queso. Fresh red and white sangria and a wide selection of Mexican beers were available to drink. The goal was to build up a younger customer base in the evenings. I didn't want my place to turn into a bar, per se, but I wanted people to come in for the good food and hang out drinking beer and wine. Tonight was the third week of this promotion.

Shawn❤️: how did week two of TT go? U never told me

Me: Great! There were a couple people from the previous week so yay for repeat customers!

Shawn❤️: I'm going to resist the urge to make a dirty joke about eating your taco

Shawn❤️: but only because it will make me think about it and I'll miss you

Me: But didn't you just think about it when you typed that?

Shawn❤️: I guess I did

Shawn❤️: phone sex date after my show?

Shawn❤️: we can use our new toys

I giggled. I loved the sexy phone dates we had many times each week. The time zone difference had been ridiculous when he was in Asia and Oceania, but we'd made it work. We needed to connect somehow, and getting off together over the phone was a very effective way. Now that he was in Europe, it was easier to coordinate these playdates.

We were weathering the separation caused by the tour extremely well. I'd recently had a lovely time with him in Europe, and Shawn had made a point to make it as honeymoon-ish as possible. He'd taken me to fancy restaurants, gone site-seeing with me, and had fucked me so much that I knew I was walking awkwardly when I got to the airport to head back to Canada. I'd brought tons of sexy lingerie with me and he'd been extremely appreciative. When he was in France, he bought me several things to add to my growing collection. He had a thing for see-through items, like fine mesh panties and bras. They weren't super comfortable or practical, but that didn't matter since they never stayed on for long. I loved that we were both open to exploring things that excited us sexually. We had such a high trust level that we were comfortable saying very bluntly what we liked or didn't like.

His visits back home between legs of the tour were pure bliss. I worked shorter days when he was home, and every minute spent at work he was on my brain. I literally could not stop counting down to the time when I could leave. On more than one occasion, Ros or Paige shoved me out the door early, clearly reading my eagerness to see Shawn.

We spent a lot of time with his family when he was home on his breaks and I saw them at least every ten days while he was gone. I was lucky that my parents were in Toronto for the first six weeks of his tour. I hung out with them frequently. We were both so fortunate to have loving parents who supported us without being smothering. I'd see my parents soon when I flew to Vancouver for that show. Shawn and I would also to see my brother and his family. Lainey had given birth to baby boy number two in May and we were eager to meet little Lucas.