Chapter 76

After everyone was done eating cake, Shawn grabbed his acoustic guitar and picked up the mic.

"Hello again," he said with a smile as the room slowly fell silent. "I'm going to sing a song for my beautiful wife. I think most of you expected this. Even Chelsea knew this was going to happen. What she doesn't know, however, is that I've written a song for this occasion."

I stared at him in disbelief from where I stood at the front of the crowd.

"Yes, honey, I wrote you a new song," he said to me as he grinned at my reaction. He then looked out at our friends and family. "I was supposed to sing The Price of Love. As meaningful as that song is to us, it's not exactly a wedding song."

"But it's number one!" Andrew called out, causing everyone to laugh.

Shawn chuckled. "You're off the clock, Gertler! Relax!"

He started to strum his guitar. Looking at me he said, "Chels, baby, this is your new song."

Paige was standing next to me and she took my hand in hers. I actually needed that, since I was feeling a bit overwhelmed.

The song started off slow.

I met a girl who
filled my heart and fed my soul
Made me believe in fate

Knew I loved her
though I was afraid to jump in
Made me aware I could fly

I lost her pure love
when I behaved like a fool
Made me learn how to wait

The tears started to fall as soon as I realized the song told our story. Shawn kept his eyes locked on me as he moved on to the next part.

Every step of this journey was worth it
I wouldn't change a single thing

When I found the right person I knew it
So glad she's now wearing my ring

The chorus came next and the song completely shifted gears. What had started out a ballad segued into a rock song.

You're the first thing I see
when I open my eyes
You're the last thing I look at
when I turn out the lights
Your sweet laughter fills my days and
your love takes up my nights

Baby, you're the light, you're the sun, you're every star in the sky
My heart beats only for you
I know without you I'll die
You bring me love, bring me joy,
make me so happy I cry

You're everything to me

The verses and chorus repeated, and then the song ended on a slow note. For the last few lines, Shawn knelt in front of me, staring up into my eyes with such love, I thought my heart might burst.

I love a girl who made
my dreams all come true
When she agreed to be my wife

She's everything to me

He stood up after handing his guitar to Ben. I jumped into his arms and kissed him. All eyes were on us, but I didn't care.

"Thank you," I whispered into his ear. "That was the perfect wedding present."

"It's not your only wedding present, baby," he whispered back.

I pulled away so I could look at him. "We agreed to no gifts."