Chapter 1

Limion's armored boots crunched on the blackened grass of his home. The familiar burgundy sky greeted him. He saw spirits and creatures roaming, not noticing his arrival. He felt so cold, ever since a powerful woman ran away to train on her own. It was his fault. A tiny part of him regretted it, but he still couldn't stop fearing her. She has such great power, he just prayed she used it to help them instead of hurt them.

The grass crunched as he made the way to his castle. As if sensing his presence, the doors of the castle swung open on a phantom wind. The floors of the hall were made of a red marble with gold veins that ran through it, looking as if the floor was on fire. The black stone walls glittered from the fire of the chandeliers. Limion made it to the throne room where Rona, Tyra's sister, lounged as if she owned the place.

"The God of War and Death has returned home once more." She said, raising a goblet of wine. "Where is Tyra?" He asked her in a growl. "Neither here nor there." She replied. He barred his fangs, "I don't have time for your games. Where is she?" She curled her lips in a cat's smile, "Ah yes, the deadline does approach for young Pyro." Limion growled and grabbed her by the neck, "Where. Is.  She?" A flash of fear went through Rona's eyes. "Like I said, neither here nor there. She's in her mindspace. Has been for three days now." When a seer goes into her mindspace, it means she's in the midst of a vision. Time passes slowly in visions so who knows when she will come out of it.

"So where is her body?" Limion asked, dropping her.  "I want to be there when she comes too." "With Astara." Rona replied. That was not the answer he wanted to hear. "And why is she with her?" He seethed. "Because Astara took her. She was the one that gifted me this." Rona replied while gesturing to the scar on her cheek. "Astara saw her chance and took her, knowing you'd come seeking Tyra, to find out about the fate of you, your friends, and the woman you fear."

"That is not your only problem." Weylun, said as he appeared. A serpent was wrapped around his neck, looking around for threats. "The Gods plan on striking before the prophecy." Limion began cursing as he began pacing. He then turned to Weylun, "Think you can go warn them?" He asked. Weylun raised an eyebrow, "I told you, I have no part in this." Limion scoffed, "Bullshit. If that was true, you wouldn't be here. You wouldn't have sent your serpents during the storm." Rona whipped her head to Weylun, "You did what?" Weylun's jaw clenched, "My reasons for helping are my reasons alone." Limion glared, "You care about your brother despite the fact he hates your guts." Weylun acted as if he had been struck physically.

Limion took a step towards him, "Please Weylun, we need your help. Think of Feylun, think of his mate. Do they deserve to be killed in this war? Do you want to bury your last living brother?" Weylun's fists clenched, then relaxed, "Fine I will go and warn them, but first we need to gather the Gods who plan to assist in this war." Limion nodded, "First I need to find Tyra." Weylun shook his head, "By then it will be too late." "What do you mean?" Limion asked him. "Astara is keeping her in the palace which is two moons journey from now. They will strike in less than a moon."

Limion began to pace, "And what of the answers I have come to seek?" "You can see if the reflection lake will give them to you." Rona offered to him. "Only the pure of heart can go there." Weylun countered. She snapped her fingers, "That's right. If my gift was to see what she does, I would assist you Limion." Rona was a seer, but she only could see future deaths. "And why would you help me?" Limion asked her. "Because I've seen the amount of people who get killed in this war. The army you and the others have gathered the last five years, won't put a dent in the army the Gods have. Nor will the army the assassins gather. The fields will run redder than any battlefield before." She shared with him.

"Can you inform me who dies?" He asked her. She shook her head, "You know as well as I, that I can't." Her mother had cursed her tongue to never speak of the names who will die. It can change too much of the future. "I can't go back there empty handed." Limion growled. "I need to find what helps them all change before the war." He ran a hand through his hair. He then looked at Rona, "Were they at least changed before the war?" "Some change during the war." She told him. "That's not a yes and that's not a no. Why can't you damn seers ever be straight forward?"

"It's not in the job description." She told him. He growled and she rolled her eyes. "Okay you two, we need to gather the others, and gather what forces we can to fight with." Weylun said, breaking up the two of them. "I will go warn the others, try not to have them attack even earlier." Weylun then opened a portal and stepped through it, it closing swiftly behind him. Rona stood from the throne, "Let's start the gather."

Her eyes then began to glow as her hands were before her, facing the ceiling. Six Gods and Goddesses appeared in the room. None of which, were known for their skills in combat. They were doomed, Limion thought. Starla, the Goddess of the Tides gave him a once over, "I see you've survived being mortal once mortal." "We have other things to discuss." Limion snapped at her. "He is right." Kysor, the God of Time, agreed. "Their army is gathered and we are running out of time. The only thing that is on our side, is that the time passes slower in the mortal realm allowing us more time to prepare."

Mesya, the Goddess of the Forest, nodded, "Do you plan to summon your legion of demons Limion?" Limion nodded, "I do." "That will be the only hope we have." Vibrice, the God of the Sleep, said. "I don't think those blood thirsty beasts will be enough." Foyrize, the God of Safe Passage, admitted. His cousin, Seba, the God of Changing Seasons, crossed his arms, "I think we should wake the ancient legends." The room tensed. "Are you insane?" Mesya hissed at him. "They can't be controlled and may kill us and our enemy." Limion nodded, "They lack the intelligence to be reasoned with. Plus once awake, we maybe unable to put them back to sleep."

"We're going to need a miracle if we're going to survive this war." Starla muttered. You're telling me, Limion thought. What were they going to do?