Chapter 26

Alfonzo made her stay in bed for an entire week, growling often at anyone who came in. Talk about territorial, she thought. He was fae, that much she knew by the sharpened canines. He kept his ears covered however. Fae men were so over protective, even more so when a woman either in their family, or one they care about, is weakened and vulnerable. When she was able to leave her bed, the first thing she did was go see Theo to see how he was doing, Alfonzo following her silently. She found him lounging with the others. Even Xon and his mate were present which shocked her. "Good to see your magic has recovered," Gavin said with a nod. Alinia nodded and looked at Theo with her hands on her hips, "Are you insane?!" "Uh oh," Feylun whispered. "Do you have any idea how stupid it was to not just give him what he wanted," She asked him. "I am not worth you putting your life on the line. You should have just told him where I was, and saved yourself." Theo stood, and crossed his arms, "Sorry, but I don't just throw my family members under the carriage to save my own ass." "You almost died," She snapped at him. "You almost made Pyrus an orphan because of your actions." "If something ever happened to me, I know he is well taken care of. What I can't live with, is knowing something happened to someone I care about because I only thought of myself. We would all be devastated if something happened to you. We are family. We protect each other, no matter what happens. Even if it costs us our lives, we protect each other." 

Alinia knew without a doubt, she would throw her life on the line for these men, just like she did the first day she met them. She huffed and crossed her arms, tears coming to her eyes. "I was so worried," She whispered. "When Pyrus told me what happened, I just ran to get to you, wanting to ensure you made it." "And you almost made yourself burn out for it," Theo told her. "I know the Master would have stepped in, if you went too far, but knowing you risked your life trying to save mine, pisses me off. The fact they let you do something so damn stupid makes it worse." "You're such a hypocrite," She snapped at him. He nodded, "Yes I am." 

"We all are," Kenomi said. "Now let's stop with all the yelling and fighting. It happened, now we need to think of a way to keep you safe while also ensuring this bastard is caught." "She's safe if she stays in the castle," Gavin said. "It was clear he didn't know she was here." Dracin nodded, "Yes, but it's only a matter of time before he finds out. Plus Aqua thinks her father is close behind her."

Alinia had a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach, knowing they're so close. It makes her distant memories come to the surface. "It doesn't help that Dreal soldiers are trying to close in," Dracin said as he ran a hand through his hair. "Aqua warned that it will start a war if they tried to enter the city to attack the half breeds." "Just what we need," Xon sighed.

Alfonzo continued to watch them as they conversed before Alinia decided to go to the kitchen to get something to eat. "Thank you for taking care of me," she told him as they walked together. He nodded, "You don't need to thank me." She nodded, "Yes I do. I want to thank you for so much more than that actually." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. He raised an eyebrow at her, "Really?" She nodded, but she didn't say anything else.

"You going to tell me what they are," he asked her curiously. She smirked, "You already know so much about me, I think I'll keep this to myself." He took her hand and spun her to face him, wrapping an arm around her waist, "Really now?" Alinia bit her lip as she smiled and he held in his groan at the sight. "Yep," she said. "I'm a man who loves information darling," He told her. "This just wont do." She laughed and it was the most beautiful sound to him. "How about you let me keep it and I trade you something we can both keep," she offered to him. "It would have to be something priceless," he told her. "I don't know if this is priceless, but I hope you approve," she said before bringing his head down. When their lips met Alfonzo was only shocked for a second. When his tongue asked for entrance, Alinia gladly granted it to him. When they pulled away they were breathless. He rested his forehead on hers, "I will gladly accept it." They had smiles that mirrored one another.

They then continued their journey to the kitchen, talking about when she will begin training. He handed her a paper, "I want you at this address by sunrise tomorrow. Bring a change of clothes because you will be sore and sweating by the end of it. I will be providing you clothes to train in." Although, Alinia was eager to learn, she was not eager to be knocked around. I guess not all lessons can be taught with a book, she thought.

After they ate, he had to leave. "I won't be far, darling, promise," he told her. She nodded, "Be careful." He gave her a smirk, "I'll be as careful as my line of work allows." He tilted her chin, barely brushing his lips against hers, before leaving. She huffed in annoyance that he didn't give her the full kiss she was expecting, but it gave her something to look forward to the next time she saw him.

Aqua sighed as she laid in bed, her silk night gown rising noticeably high. Dracin admired her curves. She looked at him over her shoulder, "Do you plan to stand there or are you going to join me," she asked him with a teasing smile. He stripped off his shirt, pants, and boots before crawling into bed, hovering over her. He kissed her neck and she tilted her head to the side as she enjoyed the feel of his lips. "We have an early morning," she reminded him. "I know," he said before nibbling on her ear lobe. "I'm just having a little fun," he told her. She laughed softly, "There is nothing little about the fun we like to have." He chuckled in a way that made her toes curl. "You have a point. However, spending a few minutes having fun wouldn't hurt." She laughed, "You don't know the definition of a few minutes." "What makes you say that," he asked her, while laying so his hard bulge rested between the cheeks of her butt. "The numerous meetings you made me late too," she reminded him.

He chuckled and nipped her shoulder, "I guess you have a point." He then fell to the side and pulled her close before covering them up with the blanket. She used her magic to make the wind blow out the candles, submerging the room into darkness. After a moment she rolled over to face him. "Do you think Alinia is going to be okay," she asked him softly. "I worry that mentally, after everything that's happened, she might not be able to handle it." He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "As you know Alinia is a strong woman," Dracin said before sighing. "However, I know there is only so much a person can take before they break. We're just gonna have to stand back and wait for her to come to us." She sighed and nodded, knowing he was right. But what if she doesn't, she asked herself. Then what will they do?