Epilogue

Alinia was watering the flowers when she heard a squeal. "The monster is gonna get me mommy," a little girl with pink hair and emerald eyes yelled happily as Alfonzo chased her. "I'm going to get you my little flower," Alfonzo told her before catching her. He tickled her and she laughed and struggled to free herself. A little boy with dark hair and eyes clung to Alinia's skirt, his thumb in his mouth. Not wanting to be left out, he began to take steps on wobbly legs that only recently learned to walk. Alfonzo put down their daughter Lily and crouched down while holding out his hands, "You can do it Evan." Lily cheered on her younger brother happily. 

"Mom, dad, we're home," their twin sons said as they opened the gate. They had her pink hair and Alfonzo's dark eyes. It caused them a lot of problems growing up, but they were proud of their pink eyes. "Evan is walking," Lily told them excitedly. They peeked around their father to watch their youngest sibling. He had almost made it to Alfonzo before he tripped. Alinia, not looking, used her magic catch him. Alfonzo picked him up, "So close." "He has a little further to go when it comes to learning," Alinia said with a smile. "Won't be long till he's running us ragged like the others do." "We don't run you ragged," Kline stated. His twin brother, Oryx, pushed his glasses up his nose, "I can say with confidence that I do not, but weren't you arrested not that long ago?" Kline rolled his eyes, "That's only because Ashe shifted into a mouse, and caused a freak out in the tavern, which resulted into me bumping into a drunk who took a swing at me." 

When all of the cousins get together, it spelled trouble. Usually the instigators in the trouble were Xon's son Ashe, Aqua's daughter Lyra, and their son Kline. Oryx tries his best to be the voice of reason, but that was easier said than done. "I should've left you in the jail," Alfonzo told his son. "Maybe it would have straightened you out." "I was using the bars to hang upside down as I talked with Lyra," Kline reminded his father. Alfonzo sighed, "Don't remind me." 

Alinia laughed and shook her head at them. Evan then sneezed, suddenly turning into a pixie. He then sneezes again, turning back to normal size. Alfonzo easily caught him. Evan was the only one to inherit Alinia's pixie gifts. Alinia deals with it easily, like she did when all of their kids had their magic come in. Alfonzo wouldn't survive a day alone.

They then went inside. The twins sat down with Lily to help her with her school work while Alfonzo and Alinia began to work on dinner. Evan played on the floor with his toys. For fifty wonderful years they've been married. They have lived a life of peace and happiness. During those fifty years, the guild has grown even more. Rumors spread of the Phatom Lord's wife, Lady of the Light. The guild had spread the rumors to ensure no one would dare think of coming after her again, despite she isn't like the rumors at all.

They set the table and sat down when the food was ready. "So how are your studies," Alinia asked the twins. "Uncle Pyro is a real hard ass," Kline grumbled.
Alfonzo kicked him under the table the use of foul language. "Although, hard as he is, we're still learning a lot," Oryx stated.

Pyro had truly dove into his studies, wanting to learn as much as possible. He was now a professor at the Magic Academy. That was also where he met his mate Lesit who was now currently pregnant with their first born. His father works at the palace along side Xon as their blacksmiths.

"He made us stay after class to discuss my failed test," Kline sighed. "He told me to ask you for help mom." "What was the test on," Alinia asked him. "Magical ingredients and their properties," Kline said. "When I see them, I just see plants and I have trouble remembering which is which, and which does what." Alinia smiled softly, "We'll go out tomorrow." Alfonzo chuckled, "Just be careful, and make sure you keep up with your mother."

Kline gave his parents a confused look, "What?" "We are going out to find the ingredients in their natural zones. I did the same when I taught Pyro when he failed his magical ingredients exam," she told him.

"How did you meet Pyro and everyone else mom," Oryx asked her curiously. Alinia smiled, "Looking back now, I still ask myself, what was I thinking? I had been living in a cave in a mountain for two centuries. I had been out gathering berries to prepare the rainy season that was coming when I heard the roar of a dragon. They only roared in the area if they saw something shiney and were attacking some passerby for it. So, without thinking, I ran towards the roar. When I got to them, I saw it had badly injured Xon, Feylun, Theo, and Gavin. Pyro had been with them as well. I took my dagger and put a sleeping spell on it and threw it at the dragon, saving them. After that we had a rough started warming up to each other, but eventually they became my family." Had she never met them, she would have never come to Kalos and she would have never met Alfonzo. So although it was completely reckless, if she had to do it all over again, she would.

Later that night after putting their younger children down Alinia was in the room unbraiding her hair. Alfonzo wrapped his arms around her waist. He rested his chin on her shoulder, "You are truly amazing." She shook her head, "No I'm not." "You make it seem so easy to take care of our kids and me, yet if I try to attempt it without your assistance, the house may get burned down," he told her. She laughed softly, "Half the time I'm asking myself, am I really doing this right? Despite Kline's streak of trouble, I see he and Oryx turned out so great. But we still have two little ones I pray I don't screw up." "Two little ones for now," Alfonzo corrected. "I would love to have more with you." She rolled her eyes, "I told you, you have to wait till the twins are mated and on their own. We're filled to the brim." Alfonzo gave a slight whine, "But with Kline getting arrested by Milo all the time, who knows when that's going to happen."

Alinia laughed softly and shook her head at him. "Oh, I know, we could build him a shed out back," he offered. "You're horrible," she told him. He chuckled, "I'm only kidding. Somewhat." Alinia smirked and turned in his arms to face him, wrapping her arms around his neck, "I'll tell you what, if you can clean out your schedule to take me to the hot springs for a week, then when while we're there, I'll let you recreate the night we made Lily."

He smirked, "Consider is done darling." He then picked her up, her legs around his waist, "Until then, let's practice." She threw her head back as she laughed. It was a wonderous sound to Alfonzo, one he will never tire of hearing. She was a gift from the Gods and he will forever be grateful for her.