Chapter 7

Alinia sat on a tree branch, looking over the camp. She didn't know how long she had been up there, watching over everything. From sun up to sun down Limion had worked in the black smith station, only stopping to cool off for a few minutes before going back to working. She felt like a stalker watching him this way. She just couldn't bring herself to approach him. She wanted to ask him why did he do what he did? Why did he fear her? Does he still fear her? She shook her head, trying to get their claws out of her mind. She looked at the training field where Lathom and Kenomi were training. She should be down there, she thought. She should be training with them. She wasn't a warrior, probably never will be. She then thought of Strength from when she was stuck in the Between. She had seemed so strong and fierce, like a warrior. Then she thought of Magic. She seemed so graceful, yet dangerous. They were supposed to be two halves of her, but she didn't feel fierce and graceful, or even dangerous.

Clouds soon rolled in, thunder echoing in the sky. When the skies opened up, everyone ran to the tents to stay dry. She stayed in the tree, while Limion continued to work. The sound of the hammer hitting the iron became a song that would forever be in her ears. She looked up at the sky, at the lightning that lit up the sky every few seconds. She then stood on the branch then leaped into the air. Kenomi and Feylun stood in the doorway of their tent, watching Alinia shoot into the clouds. "Any idea what she's doing?" Kenomi asked him. Feylun shook his head, "None."

"She still cares about him." Kenomi said and Feylun nodded once again. "She does, but it is not our place to interfere." "I'm not saying it is." Kenomi said. "But soon we'll be in war, and who knows how many of us are walking away from that battlefield alive, or in one piece. No one leaves war the same way they were when it first happens." "I thought you hated Limion?" Feylun questioned. "I did, until I saw the regret and sorrow he carried." Kenomi said.

Feylun nodded in understanding, "It's not our place to step in. It's in Fates' hands." Kenomi scoffed, "If the legends are true don't the Fates tend to screw the Gods?" Feylun nodded again, "Usually, but only those who deserve it. One of the Fate's name is Karma after all." He had a point. Kenomi looked over to the black smith station where Limion stood leaning against the table he was working on. He had his arms crossed, eyes on the sky where the Goddess of Magic and Strength disappeared. Pain, sorrow, and love were in his eyes. Kenomi looked back to the sky, sending a prayer to the Fates to make things right.

When Alinia finally went back to her tent she was soaked, but didn't care. She was enjoying the ability to fly for hours on end without growing tired. She flew through bolts of lightning, enjoying the thrill of it. She used her magic to dry herself to keep from getting water everywhere.

She noticed a box on her cot and went over to open it. From the scent wrapped around it, she knew it had been Limion who left it. Inside the box were a set of beautiful twin daggers. Her mind went to Strength, the daggers in her boots. The hilts and blade were silver. Engraved on the hilts were the markings that once covered her hands. He had remembered every detail and recreated them. She then saw a a card in the box. It wasn't written in the language she was taught, it was in the language of the Gods, and she was able to read it easily.

I have made a mistake in ever fearing you. I realize that, and I will forever regret it. I know nothing I say or do, will ever make up for that. I madshe these as a gift to you, to celebrate you awakening your God form, but also as an apology. It is I who is the monster, for forgetting the beautiful heart you have.

                        ~Limion.

She was speechless. Her eyes went back to the daggers. Her heart felt heavy, and her eyes watered. She dropped to her knees as she held them to her chest. It felt like a dam had been released. Her anger was gone, leaving behind only heart ache and sadness. Eventually she picked herself off the ground and slipped them into her boots. The hilts shined off the fire light, shining proudly. She felt a new peace within herself.

The weather had changed the next day, going from rainy and pleasant to sweltering. The men went about shirtless and cut their hair. The women shortened their skirts to their knees and wore tops that showed their stomachs and shoulders. Except Alinia. She felt the heat as much as everyone else, but her scars wore heavily on her. Alinia walked about the camp and saw Pyro sitting at one of the tables they gathered for meals. His hair was plastered to his forehead. He offered a smile when he saw her. His hair was still long, no one had cut it. She conjured a pair of scissors and sat next to him. He turned on the bench so his back was to her. She began to work on his hair.

"Why don't you dress like the other women?" He asked her curiously. "Is it because of your scars?" She nodded as she cut his hair, "It is." "I don't see why you hide them." He muttered. "Because I'm hiding them from myself." She told him. "If you ask me, that's stupid since you already know they're there." He told her. "Yes, but feeling people stare, is something I don't want." She told him. "Since when did you care what others thought, Lady Alinia?" He asked next. "It's hard for a young man such as yourself to understand, but I promise one day you will." She sighed. She finished his hair and he smiled, "Thank you Lady Alinia." He then was up and running off to go show off his hair cut to the others.

Lathom then appeared, sitting on the bench across from her. "What is it the boy doesn't understand?" Lathom asked. "The pain of the memories." She whispered. She stood from the bench and began walking through the camp once more.

Limion poured a bucket of water on his head. "That's one way to cool off." A woman commented. Limion looked around but couldn't see anyone. Not until he saw a shimmer in the corner of his black smith station. Tyra stood their as a projection. "I don't have long Limion, she will come back any minute. You need to make each of your friends over come an emotional challenge for them to unlock their God forms." Tyra rushed out. She then gasped for breath, trying to keep focus. "She's coming for you Limion, and she has the ability to kill you. Tell my sisters to not let their guard down, and to never leave their Queen's side. They're coming, be prepared." Then she was gone, and his blood ran cold.