Chapter 5

Time seemed to have slowed. Blood dripped on to the ground, the blade coated in it. Her father pressed a hand against her, pushing her as he removed his blade slowly. They watched as she fell on to the ground, her blood coating the ground. Her eyes went to them, tears filling them. I failed, she thought as she laid there, blood quickly leaving her body, her magic unable to close the wound. "That wasn't the plan." Her mother seethed. "We were supposed to take her magic." Her father scoffed, "We wouldn't be able to do that. It's too woven into her soul." I failed, repeated Alinia in her mind. Her eyes went to the sky, her breathing beginning to slow.

"Damn it Alinia don't you dare give up!" Lathom yelled. Her eyes kept to the sky. This is your chance for a life of peace, death whispered into her ear. Everything became black. When she could see once more she stood in a black void, a ball of light above her head. A purple and a red ball of light floated it's way to her. She then saw a silver ball of light floating from a different direction towards her. The purple and red then took forms. The red ball of light had fiery hair decorated with a black diadem,  black lining her emerald eyes, a black leather top only covering her beasts, revealing her scars, the same scars Alinia carried. Leather pants hugged her legs, disappearing into boots that had a hilt of a dagger sticking out of each of them. On her back her black pixie wings shimmered in the light above Alinia. The black four pointed star on her forehead had drawn Alinia's eyes to it until the purple's form solidified. Her amethyst hair with a silver diadem on it flowed down her back. A white and silver dress flowed around her body. Her sapphire eyes were lined in silver, the same shade of silver her wings were. She too wore a four pointed star on her forehead but it was a dark purple.

Then the silver ball made its form. It was death, wearing heavy black robes. "Where am I?" Alinia asked the women. "In the realm between life and death." The purple woman answered. "This is your chance to choose what you really want." The red woman told her. "Choose what?" Alinia asked. "Choose between us, or death." They replied in unison. "Who are you anyways?" Alinia asked them. "We are you." The red told her.

Alinia looked them over. They did have the same things in looks, but not many. "We're different parts of you." Purple explained to her. "I am your magic, while she is your strength. If you accept us, you will become the Goddess of Strength and Magic. If you don't then you can choose death." She gestured to the robed figure behind her. "If you choose us, your friends have the chance of surviving this war. Without you, they will be all killed. Including Pyro."

Alinia's heart ached for the young boy. "If you choose death your soul will go through the rebirth cycle, wiping away all memories and all scars. Just know, when you are born, you could be born in a world of chaos due to the losing of the war." Strength told her. Alinia didn't hesitate, "What do I need to do?" They each held out a hand and Alinia took them.

Tears fell down Sochi's face as she broke free of her vines and ran to Alinia's body, where she laid unmoving. They others were soon free of their vines too, anger and sorrow fueling them. Lathom and Quila launched themselves at Alinia's parents, the need to feel their blood on their hands.

Lyra and Myra joined Sochi who held Alinia, crying silently. "Why is it you care so much for a worthless half breed?" Her mother asked as she held up a shield of magic, protecting herself from Quila's sword. "She wasn't worthless. She was a good person. Out of the weeks we've known her, we learned quickly how precious she was. This world needs more people like her and less like you. Quila said as she continuously swung her sword, wanting to break through the magic barrier.

Sochi gasped when a four pointed diamond appeared on Alinia's forehead and her wound closed. Lyra and Myra watched in shock as her pink hair became a mix of red and purple. Alinia's eyes opened to show a darker green with black lining her eyes. She got to her feet, her clothes beginning to change to accommodate for the large black pixie wings that sparkled in the light of the sun.

Her mother and father paled in fear. Alinia began to walk forward, red magic coming from her previous steps. The strands of magic launched themselves at her mother's barrier, shattering it as if it were a thin piece of glass. Her mother screamed in fear and turned into her pixie form, trying to run away. "What are you?" Her father asked in a Shakey voice.

"I'm Alinia, the Goddess of Strength and Magic." She told him. He dropped to his knees, a spot on his pants from where he soiled himself evident. "Please spare me. It was all her idea to try and take your magic for herself to protect her people from this war." He pleaded. Alinia began to weave her fingers, as if they were dancing. A shimmering green web appeared between them.

"I had thought of killing you, but I thought that would be a mercy. Instead I thought it right to punish you. I think it fair you should see what it's like to live the life of a half breed." She threw the web of magic at him and he changed into an ugly troll, Fae, half breed. "Now leave my sights, I never want to see you again." He didn't need to be told twice before he ran away blubbering.

She then turned to see her friends who stood there, tears running down their faces. Alinia then smiled, "I hope you guys didn't miss me too much." Myra went to take a step forward but hesitated. "Why the hesitation?" Alinia asked them. "You're a full Goddess now." Sochi said. Alinia rolled her eyes, "Friendship trumps position." That was all the twins needed to hear before they hugged Alinia tightly and she returned their hug.

Then Sochi and Quila were hugging her. When the women were done she looked at Lathom. "Who gave you those scars?" He asked her, his grip tight on the hilt of his sword. "My father, and my mate." She told him. "It was my father who branded me a WHORE the night he sold me to my mate. After that I was in my mates tortuous care. But it's all in the past now. My mate is dead, and my father is too scared to come after me anymore."

"What do we do about your mother?" Quila asked her. Alinia shrugged, "Let her live her life in fear. We have a war to prepare for."