Chapter 27

Alinia was up and at the address Alfonzo had given her at sun rise. Needless to say, she wasn't a morning person. She found the house deep within extremely dark woods. She had flown as a pixie to avoid any traps they had set. She went to her full form when we landed just past the tree line. Alfonzo was waiting for her on the porch, a smirk on his face. Three other men were on the porch with him. They began to grumble and hand him cash, letting Alinia know they bet on her to make it through the woods.

Alfonzo walked up to her as she raised an eyebrow at her. "Hello darling," he greeted her with a smile. He took her hand and pressed it to his lips. "Thank you for warning me about the traps," she told him. "We disabled the ones that would kill you," He promised her. She smiled softly, "So tell me, how much did you bet?" "Enough to buy you a beautiful pair of earrings," He told her with a smirk. Her face warmed as a light blush covered her cheeks. He took her upstairs to his room where her clothes waited for him. His room was smaller than her's back at the palace, but despite the size, it felt cozy and inviting. He had an old oak desk against one wall and a worn red leather chair that told her he spent many hours in it. Papers threatened to spill from his desk and on to the floor. On the other wall, he had a couch and a bookshelf. In the center of his room was a full sized bed with the blankets a mess. He handed her, her clothes. "I admit, they will be slightly revealing, however it's to allow you as much movement as possible," He told her. She felt slightly self conscious about the scars on her back. He gave her a reassuring smile, "You won't be the only one covered in scars out there, I promise." Trusting him, she nodded and took the clothes behind the privacy screen he had in the corner. She changed into them and was shocked at just how form fitting the pants were to her curves. The top was just a band that went around her breasts to help keep them in place as she moved about. She also had combat boots to complete the look. She came out from behind the screen, while tying up her hair. His eyes ran over her body, and he wished he could keep her from having to train. Sighing to himself, he took her outside.

At the back of the house is where everyone was training. Alinia could tell Alfonzo was extremely uncomfortable with her around so many shirtless males so to help him control his Fae instincts, she'll keep her eyes to herself. Plus she would much rather see him shirtless anyways. "Today we're going to test your reflexes," He told her before removing his shirt. His body had scars all over them. Most coming from his profession no doubt, but when he turned to toss his shirt to the side, she saw the scars from repeated whippings from a serrated whip. Different types of whips leave different types of scars, she knew that from experience. Despite the scars he had a very well defined body. She then readied herself.

Torick stood on the back porch, watching as Alfonzo trained with Lady Alinia. She had some of the best reflexes he had ever seen. The speed they were going at was astounding as well. Living in the woods for two centuries and being a slave before that built those reflexes into her body. It didn't even take a single thought, just visual calculation. Some times she blocked, other times she dodged all together. They went at it for hours, and it was almost like a dance around the field. He was also testing her endurance, seeing just how long she could go.

Eventually she tripped back and laid on the ground, panting heavily, her body shining with sweat. Alfonzo went and looked down at her. "Not bad for your first training session," He told her. He ran a hand through his sweaty hair, and she noticed one of the pointed tips on his ears was black indicating her was a dark magic Fae.

Dark magic Fae's were a rarity in this day and age. You can't choose whether you want to be a dark magic fae or a light magic fae, it's something you're simply born. Dark magic faes are the only ones who don't have to listen to the laws of sacrifice to preform dark magic because they were born with it. The reason they're a rarity is because many centuries ago there had been a war between the light and dark faes. The light faes winning. The dark fae were banished from Vinoi, the Fae homeland. Many went into hiding. Many looked down on the dark fae because they practice dark magic. However, Alinia knows that just because it's labeled as dark magic, it's not always a bad thing. Studying many types of magic has taught her that.

He offered her a hand and she took it. He helped her up. She summoned a couple of towels and handed one to him. He took it and wiped his face with it. She did the same before draping the towel around her neck. "I'll show you where the bath it," He told her. She went upstairs with him and grabbed her clothes before following him to the large bathing chamber. "I'll be outside," He promised her. She nodded before she shut the door.

Alfonzo stood outside, ensuring none of his men tried to look in on her. He truly didn't feel like having to find a place to bury their body. She came out, her hair damp and starting to curl slightly. "I'll be only a minute, if you'd like to wait in my room," he told her, pointing to the third door on the right. She nodded and went in. She looked over his bookshelves, seeing the various books he has read. She then noticed the book she had bought a while ago. He returned hers but it was clear he bought himself a copy, as well as the other books in the series. She looked over the rest of his books until she landed on one that had a black cover, no title, no author.

She turned when she heard the door open. Alfonzo came in, only a towel around his waist. She admired his sculpted body. "Old habbit," he told her, not noticing she was staring as he went to his closet. He then went to his privacy screen. She tried to resist the urge to lean, to try and see around the screen to see more of his body. He came out fully clothed and he noticed her cheeks had a pink tint to them. "Are you okay," He asked her. "Yep," She told him. He then took her hand, "Let's go get some breakfast, I'm hungry." She smiled and nodded. 

"Took you long enough," Torick said with a smirk. Alfonzo rolled his eyes as he pulled out the chair he usually sat in, for Alinia. A guy with extremely red and curly hair came over to her, a pair of goggles on his head, "Do you mind testing something for me?" "Colen," Alfonzo warned. "It won't hurt her. I'm just gathering data on how much magic a half breed light fae and pixie can have," Colen told him. He then produced a contraption with a magic reading crystal attached to it. "I don't think that's a good idea," Alinia told him. "It's perfectly safe," He promised her. "I'm not worried about the safety of it. I'm worried about breaking it," She told him. He laughed, "Not even Alfonzo has done that and he's got extremely high levels of magic." She held out her hand, "Don't say I didn't warn you." He put it in her and the bright glow had everyone groaning and covering their eyes. The light vanished as soon as it appeared, the crystal shattering and the contraption short circuiting. 

"Holy shi-"Colen began until Alfonzo cut him off. "No vulgar language in the presence of a woman," Alfonzo reminded him. Colen took it, "I've never met anyone who can break a crystal." Then his eyes brightened with an idea and he ran off to the basement to start on his latest invention idea.

Alfonzo stared at Alinia. She has an immense amount of magic. Theo must of been right about to die when she saved him if it took almost all of her magic to heal him. She met his eyes, and she gave him a soft smile. His lips squirmed upwards slightly before he went to paying attention to the food. Torick watched his guild Master and closest friend closely.

When Alinia left to go shopping with Pyro Alfonzo went to his room to sit at his desk. Torick stood in the doorway. "Stop it right now," Torick told him. "Stop what," Alfonzo asked him. "She isn't Gloria," Torick said, causing Alfonzo to growl. "I know that. I was thinking about just how bad her friend had to have been hurt for it to take almost all of her magic for her to heal him. It took her a week to recover from it."

Torick thought he stopped breathing for a second. Alfonzo, the great hater of magic, didn't blink at the amount of magic the woman he fancies. Gloria had helped increase his hate for magic due to her twisted ways of using it. However, it seems he has changed his way of thinking. Funny how a woman can change so much about your way of thinking.

"Has Lamont found anything on her ex mate or parents," Alfonzo asked him. "Only the information we already knew," Torick informed him. "We need to find something, and fast," he told him. If he did that to her friend, he didn't want to imagine what would happen if he got his hands on her.