Chapter 6

Limion had felt when Alinia had unlocked her God form. They could all feel the power she possessed. Weylun shared a look with Limion, "She is on a very different level." Limion nodded, "That she is." "And you went and broke her heart." Weylun said. Limion nodded, "That I did." "I understand your fear Limion. They will all fear her, including myself once we all see the power she possesses. The important thing to remember is her heart."

Limion nodded then turned his attention to Feylun who was walking hand in hand with Kenomi through the camp. At least someone was enjoying the time they had left, he thought. Dracin carried chopped wood from the forest to the fires around the camp. He hadn't said a word to Limion since Sochi had delivered the heart from Alinia. None of his friends had spoken to him really. Out of everyone Pyro hates him the most.

Soldiers began to whisper as everyone's attention turned to the sky. Limion's throat became dry when he saw Alinia land with Quila, Lathom, Sochi, Myra, and Lyra. "Lady Alinia!" Pyro cheered and ran up to her, arms spread. She hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek.

"You need a bath boy." She said, ruffling his hair. Pyro giggled, "This is a war camp, there are no baths Lady Alinia." "You'd be surprised what magic can bring to a war camp like this." Alinia said. Dracin dropped the wood at one of the fires and walked up to her. His eyes ran over her, studying her, making sure she was okay. "I should kick your ass for making us worry like that." He told her.

"Back off Dracin. No one blames her for going off on her own." Kenomi said when he and Feylun walked up to her. "I've missed you guys. Where are the others?" "Off gathering more troops and supplies." Feylun said. "So tell us, how was your God form awakened?" Limion asked her. Her eyes went to him, and they weren't what he expected. He expected cold and angry, instead they were emotionless. "My father found our camp. With him was my mother, Queen of the Pixies." Alinia told them. "She trapped the others, and they attacked me. My mother wanted my magic, my father wanted me dead. I actually did die, but when I was stuck in the realm between life and death I was given the option to choose between accepting my god form, or accepting death and be reborn."

Limion noticed the people behind her tense and have a dark look at the mention of her death. Even he felt uneasy at the mention of her being killed. "It's late, we should get your tents set up." Dracin said and Alinia nodded.

"Quila, a word." Limion said and his General nodded. They others walked away, leaving the two of them. "I see that your allegiance has changed, as have the others." He said calmly. "Do you wish to banish us for it?" She asked him with an equal calmness. He shook his head, "I do not. I want you to ally yourself with her. She will need you and the others after this war is over." He then pushed up his sleeve and took a knife to his arm, "I hereby free you, Sochi, Lathom, Myra, and Lyra of your blood oaths to me without payment." Quila felt something snap within her, and she felt a weird form of freedom.

Quila bowed her head, "Thank you sir." He nodded and she left him to go find the others. She found them with Alinia. "Why did he free us?" Sochi asked her, they all having felt the bond snap. "Because he knows our allegiance has changed." Quila told her. "What are you guys talking about?" Alinia asked them. "We had once been blood oathed to King Limion." Lathom explained. "He had saved us all and we owed him our lives so we swore an oath to serve him." "He could see we had changed, and let us go without payment, just asked that we are there for you once this war is over." She told her.

Alinia didn't know what to say. A blood oath was sacred, never given nor broken lightly. "Let's get some rest, today has been eventful." Sochi said and they all agreed. Once alone, Alinia sat on her cot starring at the ground, as the recent events replayed in her head. She looked over her shoulder at the sparkling wings. She sighed,not feeling tired. She got up and left her tent to walk the camp grounds. She was surprised at the amount of soldiers they had gathered so far. She knew it wouldn't be enough though. She didn't know where she stood in this army. She couldn't fight as well as everyone, but she refused to sit on the side lines. She heard the sound of a hammer hitting iron. She looked at saw Limion working on a sword at the black smith station. The fire he placed it in was green. He was using a Hell's flame to make the weapons.

Hell's flame was a flame that made weapons indestructible, and kept them forever sharp enough to slice through a dragon's hide. His hair was tied back, sweat dripped down his shirtless body, and his eyes had a far away look as he worked. She felt her heart squeeze as she looked at him. He seemed different. Paler, thinner, and sad. She couldn't possibly be the reason, she thought. She shook her head and began walking once more to look over the camp. She found Feylun sitting outside of the tent he shared with Kenomi, sharpening his sword. She went and sat next to him.

"Are they dead?" Feylun asked her softly, not wanting to wake the mate sleeping just past the flaps of the tent. She shook her head, "No. I cursed my father to live as a troll, fae half breed. My mother had run away in fear." She shrugged, "She only did it so she could have the power to protect her people, I can't fault her for that." "The hell you can't." Feylun said looking at her. "She left you to live a life of hell, and the day you finally meet her, she tries to take your magic." "It doesn't matter now, she's hiding in fear and I'm here." Alinia sighed. Feylun sighed and went back to sharpening his sword, "I think you were too merciful." "Lathom said the same, while the others think it."

"So how does it feel to finally have your god form?" He asked her. "Weird." She said, looking at her hands where her markings no longer resided. "I don't need to eat or sleep, or worry about conserving my magic anymore." He nodded in understanding, "But when you do eat, or do other things they taste and feel so much better." As he spoke his eyes went to the black smith station where Limion was working. "Since Sochi delivered the heart to him, he's been a mess. Barely talks to anyone. Dracin refuses to even acknowledge him. No one does really. Pyro even spat on him once." Her eyes went to the station. She watched him wipe sweat from his brow with a rag before he went back to work. She moved her attention back to Feylun, "And you're telling me this, why?" Feylun gave her a look, "He let go his fiercest warriors to ensure you stayed safe once this war was over." She was silent for a moment, "You and Quila have both said that. Stay safe from what?"

"In the God Realm, everyone has a place they had to fight for. Prove they were stronger than someone else. You will be seen as a threat to take someone's placing. When Limion was fresh out of his youth, Gods and Goddesses left and right were challenging him, to put him in a place below them. For centuries he was unable to rest and relax peacefully, he always had to keep a sword in his hand. It wasn't until he formed his legion and deemed himself King of the Underworld that he had solidified his place. The gods didn't just fight him, they fought each other as well, because when one lost against Limion, they were seen as weak and another took the chance to fight them to put them in a place that's even lower." He explained to her. Alinia scoffed, "How barbaric." Feylun nodded, "Yes it is, and that is why he freed them. If you have a following, it'll make others second guess targeting you."

"How come you and the others are so accepting of me?" She asked him. "Don't have yourself fooled Alinia. Garin and Theo will turn on you in a heartbeat. You don't have to worry about me though, I know you're above me and I respect that. Only you, Kenomi, and Limion, I will never challenge. The others on the other hand are another story." "Dimmons would never let you challenge his mate." She pointed out to him. He nodded, "Just as I would never let someone challenge Kenomi, and I respect that as well, but others won't be so kind." "Think anyone will challenge me before the war starts?" She asked him. He nodded, "I can think of several who will, so stay on your guard." She nodded, "I will."

Now she wondered, who would be friends one day, and an enemy the next.