Chapter 21

Theo was up in time to see the sun rise. His mind was trying to fill in the pieces of his memories that the man with Cursed Eyes screwed up. He wish he had, had the chance to gut the man for making him forget his memories with his mate during the small amount of time she had been alive. She was a spirit Nymph. They only come to the land to find their mates every hundred years. They only get three days to find their mate and if they can't find their mate within those three days, they must return home. If they find their mate then they can move to land.

However war was going on between two clans among the nymphs so those who weren't involved came to land to seek shelter. Shelton was traveling through a forest when she had come crashing through the trees, an arrow in her gossamer wings. He managed to soften the blow before she hit the ground, but her injuries had been severe. He had taken her home and cared for her. After she was nursed back to health she told him what had happened among her people. She then informed him she only needed to wait a week before she would be able to find her mate. It was a rare act of kindness that made Theo have her continue to stay with him since she had no place else to go. After the week passed it was a shock to both of them when the mating bond clicked into place. Theo had trouble coming to terms at first but it took her very little time to get him to come around. Not long after that the two were mated and going on many adventures. Six months after they mated she was pregnant with Pyro. Theo was over the moon at the news. Nine months later he held the greatest gift the Gods had ever given him. It was only a few hours later when tragedy struck. His mate was laying in bed, sleeping after spending many hours in labor. Theo was chopping wood, preparing for the coming winter, and Pyro was asleep in his crib. Spirit Nymphs had come, looking to kill Tini because she was the daughter of the Clan Leader of the rival clan. Tini had warned him they may come, but nothing could have prepared him for the thirty warriors that had come to kill one woman.

He tried to get to his mate but he had been too late. He had barely escaped with his son Pyro. It was from a nearby cliff where Theo watched his home burn down with his mate's body still inside. He held his son and screamed out his agony, while cursing the Gods for taking his beloved away from him. Over time he met the others as he tried to fix what was left of his broken heart. Now here he is, standing in the window of a castle in a kingdom that was filled with criminals to help protect one of his friends from her psychotic mate.

"The sun rise from this floor is beautiful isn't it," Alinia asked as she came to stand beside him. She had her pink hair tied messily on top of her head, a long night gown with a robe over it, and slippers to protect her feet from the cold stone floor. "It is," he replied with a nod. "So what has you up so early," she asked while looking at him. "My memories have come back fully now, so I was standing here thinking of my mate," He confessed to her. "Her name was Tini wasn't it," Alinia asked him. He nodded, "Yes it was. She was alive long enough to give me Pyro, then she was taken from me." "You have my condolences," Alinia told him.

"I've had plenty of time to grieve, now its just a pain I've learned to live with," He said. She looked down at the floor, "It's because of me that your memories were messed up. Had I just stayed in the cave your memories would have been left alone." He turned her to face him, "We made you leave that cave. We wanted to protect you from those soldiers. And now we are here because we want to protect you from your mate."

He then pulled her into his arms and hugged her. Alinia stood frozen there for a minute before she returned it. He then let her go, "So how was your trip with the Queen?" "Very relaxing," Alinia told him. "It gave me some time to think." "About what," Theo asked her curiously. "About how I should start this new chapter in my life. Sure I have my mate and my parents out to kill me, but I'm strong now. I can finally live and instead of hide. I just have no clue where to start." At least she was honest and thinking on the brighter side of things.

"Well you're officially a Lady now, maybe you should work on getting this kingdom to acknowledge your status," He suggested. She gave him a puzzled look, "And how do you expect me to do that? Where do I even start when it comes to doing something like that?" He flicked her forehead, "Don't think so hard about it, and just let it all come naturally."

She glared as she rubbed the spot where he flicked her. "If you say so she," She grumbled. "So what do you plan on doing?" "Pyro and I are going to find a home nearby," He shared with her. "Pyro doesn't like the idea of all of us splitting up. Us being together is all he has ever known." She nodded, "It's understandable." She then gave him a small smile, "It's not like we'll be far from each other." Theo nodded in agreement, "No we wont."

They fell into a small moment of silence as they watched the sun rise. They all had their own chapters starting, and Alinia couldn't wait to see where it leads them.