Chapter 32

Her parents and mate were finally out of the picture forever. It allowed Alinia to breathe easier. Alfonzo's back had been severely hurt however, and she kind of wished she didn't kill them instantly. He had a long road to recovery, but during that time, they planned their wedding. Alfonzo loved seeing the excitement Alinia had as they looked over catalogues at the various decorations.

Much to their protests, Aqua declared that she would be paying for the wedding and that no expense would be spared. Alinia tried to argue that she had the Dreal soldiers to worry about, but the other guilds in the kingdom had already dealt with them, wiping out the threat immediately. After Aqua buried her long time friend, she made Gavin her Captain of the Guard. She would have given that role to Dracin, but he would soon be King once the two of them married.

A lot has happened during the time of Alfonzo's recovery. During that time, the Guild had decided to buy Alfonzo and Alinia their own house with land to start their family. He would still be their Guild Master since he wouldn't be that far away. Of course they weren't letting either of them see it until they were married so they could spend their honeymoon breaking it in.

The night before the wedding, Aqua kicked him out so he didn't see his bride before the big day. Alinia laughed at the whole ordeal as Aqua threw his stuff into a bag and threw it out of their door, hitting him in the chest. He groaned, "You're lucky I'm healed." "Good night Alfonzo," she said before locking him out. "I can pick a lock you know," he yelled out before grumbling as he carried his bag with him. He was ready to say screw tradition and kick Aqua out. However, he knew that would not be a good idea.

Aqua sat down on the bed next to her, "I can't believe you're really getting married." Aqua hugged her tightly. "You're too good for that idiot." Alinia rolled her eyes. Everyone has told her that, including Alfonzo himself. "If he fucks up again though, I'm killing him."

Alinia rolled her eyes, "I highly doubt he will." It was Aqua's turn to roll her eyes, "Honey, he's a guy, and you're both immortal, its gonna happen." They both laughed as Alinia agreed with her. "Now come on, let's enjoy some wine and celebrate the last night as an unmarried woman." 

For hours they drank till they passed out. The next morning they were woken up by servants rushing them to bathe and dress for the wedding. Alinia stood before the mirror, praying this wasn't a dream. Her hair braided with flowers woven in. She wore a silver circlet, a black diamond hanging from it to represent the dark fae man she was binding herself too. She wore a white, strapless bodice that hugged her, stopping just above her belly button. She wore a long black skirt that had a slit to mid thigh on the right side. Silver anklets decorated her ankles, and silver bands were on her upper arms. She then gave herself a smile, she was more than ready for this.

When it was time Alfonzo stood at the alter, standing tall and proud. He wore dark black pants and a black vest. Around his hips, he wore a white sheath that held a dagger with a white hilt and a black blade, to representing the joining of a white and dark fae. Their family was gathered, all of them excited and happy for the two of them. When Alfonzo saw her, he forgot to breathe for a moment. A woman of pure heart, and good intentions, had chosen to marry a man who only knew how to walk in the darkness. She was his light, and he will forever cherish her. He was shocked when he saw her step into the garden. Her smile wiped all doubt from his mind, his fears of her running, leaving him forever as he looked at her. 

He held out his hand for her and she took it, "You look beautiful, my darling." "Thank you my love," she said. He stepped into the center of a spell circle with her. They faced each other, holding up their hands and pressing them together. He began to speak his vows, his dark magic tying itself around her wrists. The circle began to glow with his dark magic, as he spoke in the ancient tongue. When it was Alinia's turn, her magic tied itself to him. It began to blend with the magic lighting up the circle till it glowed a beautiful silver color. When they finished their vows, the circle erupted into glorious lights that gave the alter an even more romantic look. He cupped her cheeks before kissing her deeply as everyone cheered for them. 

It was then on to the feast and dance. Alfonzo stepped walked on to the ballroom floor with Alinia beside him. When the music began to play he twirled her around and caught her easily. "Just don't drop me this time," She teased, reminding him of the time they rehearsed and he tossed her into the air and dropped her when he went to catch her due to slipping in water on the floor. He chuckled softly, "The floor isn't slick this time, I've already checked." 

Aqua watched the two dance so expertly. It was a dance that told the story of their journey to this day. It was beautiful and graceful, despite it having been a bump road for the two of them. She had never seen either of her friends so happy, and it made her happy, knowing they have finally found their happily ever after. 

After the wedding, Alfonzo took her to their new home on a hill that looked over the kingdom. It was two story with a large wrap around porch. A garden and stone fence went around their property. He stepped with her over the threshold. "We're finally home darling," he told her. She smiled, "Yes we are my love.