Chapter Eleven

In the boiler John has finished the chalk symbol, has placed several candles and a black bowl around it. He is incanting in Latin. He slides a knife across his palm, drawing blood and dripping it on the bowl. He lights a match and drops it in; the sand in the bowl flares and goes out. John stands, looking around. A hand grabs his shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing down here, buddy?" The janitor behind him asks.

"I can explain"

"Yeah? You're going to explain to security. Come on. You follow me" John pulls the colt out and cocks it, pointing it at the janitor.

"Hey. How stupid do you think I am?" John asks, the janitor's eyes turn yellow.

"You really want an honest answer to that?" Two possessed men in lab coats stalk by and take positions behind John. "You conjuring me, John. I'm surprised. I took you for a lot of things. But suicidally reckless wasn't one of them"

"I could always shoot you"

"You could always miss." Yellow-eyes offers and then laughs. "And you've only got one try, don't'cha? Did you really think you could trap me?"

"Oh, I don't want to trap you" John corrects and lowers the gun. "I want to make a deal" John corrects, Yellow-eyes look intrigued.

....................

Dean sits next to Tony who sits outside of Spencer's room nursing a coffee.

"You came back" Dean comments, Tony nods.

"Yep..." Tony agrees. "My assistant pointed out some...pretty spot on facts...so....here I am"

"Good" Dean nods. "I would have hated to hunt you down and kick your ass" Dean teases, only slightly. Tony nods and smirks.

"Not that it matters much if she doesn't wake up" Tony reminds Dean.

"Well you don't know Spencer that well" Dean offers. "She'll wake up, she's too stubborn to die"

"That I can believe" Tony agrees slightly. "Does she know?" Tony asks. "Does she know she's..." Dean nods.

"Yeah, she just found out just before the accident......she knows how hard she has to fight" Tony looks down at his coffee.

...................

Sam is standing on the window side of Spencer's bed, hands in his pockets. Spirit Spencer is not there.

"Spencer, are you here?" Sam asks looking around, he sighs and moves to her side, taking her hand. "I couldn't find anything in the book. I don't know how to help you. But I'll keep trying, all right? As long as you keep fighting. I mean, come on you can't, you can't leave me here alone with Dean and Dad. We'll kill each other, you know that" he places his free hand over their joint ones. "Spencer, you gotta hold on. You can't go, not now. We were just starting to be brother and sister again. Can you hear me?" he asks holding onto her hand.

.................

In Tessa's empty room, Spencer is staring out a dark window.

"Look, I'm sure you've heard this before" She starts, Tessa stood behind her. "But...you've got to make an exception"

"Stage three: bargaining"

"I'm serious" Spencer turns to Tessa. "My family....." Spencer touches her stomach. "My......baby. It needs me to fight"

"The fight's over" Tessa tells her.

"No, it isn't" Spencer argues.

"It is for you. Spencer. They all feel the same. They can't leave. But the world does go on without them" Tessa moves towards her. "It's an honourable death. A warrior's death"