Chapter Twenty Eight

Dean bites into his diner burger as Sam drops into the seat across from him and sets a postcard down on the table, he smirks a little, he's feeling better about the Spencer stuff, not great, but better, he accepts that it's her choice, even if it is a dumbass choice.

"Where are they?" Dean asks setting his burger down to grab the postcard.

"London" Sam answers grabbing his coffee. "She sounds happy" he offers.

"You get that from her handwriting?" Dean teases, Sam pulls a face back at him. "It says she sent gifts to Bobby's" Dean reads and then smirks. "Hey, you think she sent pie?" Sam rolls his eyes a little.

"Can you not think about pie for like an hour?" Sam asks back, Dean looks to him seriously.

"No" Dean answers, Sam rolls his eyes. Dean then smirks.

...........

London:

"More tea, Vicar?" Tony teases as he kisses Spencer's neck, she chuckles at his attempt at a British accent. They sit curled up together on the balcony of their hotel in London looking out over the city, Trinity sleeping in her basket at their side. As beautiful and romantic as Paris was, after two weeks they got a bit bored, she's glad she only planned for short trips. Tony wraps his arms around Spencer and sighs softly.

"What?" she asks him.

"Just thinking" he answers. "About how...peaceful this is" she shrugs a little and wraps her fingers around his wrist.

"What's wrong with that?" she asks back.

"Makes me forget" he grumbles looking to her face. "It makes me forget that I am going to loose you" he admits, she looks to him. "That we have less then a year now...."

"Tony" she starts.

"I know" he argues. "I get it, you did it to save Sam...but condemned your own daughter"

"I didn't condemn her" Spencer leans up to turn to him. "It's not like she's missing out on much"

"What are you talking about?" he asks.

"I never had a mother" she answers. "I don't know how to be one....I don't know how to do....any of this" Tony brushes her hair back.

"So you do the same to her? What happened to us doing this together?" he asks her. "That was the plan right?" he whispers, she sniffles and looks down, lip trembling.

"It's not like I'm not going to be here" she whispers. "I have....plans in place, you won't be doing everything alone" she nuzzles into his neck. "Like that film" she offers, Tony frowns wrapping his arms around her. "P.S I love you" he snorts.

"I didn't even like that film" he grumbles, she chuckles lightly.

"You cried" she reminds him.

"I had dust in my eyes" he argues weakly. "Are you really doing that?" he asks, she nods.

"Yeah, you know for the big stuff, like a letter for her first day of school, or the first time a boy breaks her heart.....her first period"

"Eww" Tony whines. Spencer rolls her eyes.

"My point" she lifts her head. "I have things in place..." Tony smiles softly at her.

"I love you" he whispers sadly, she nods.

"I know" she kisses him softly. "I love you too" he hums a little and just holds her close, and then Trinity chooses that moment to cry, Tony chuckles and kisses Spencer's head.

"I got her" he tells his wife, adjusting them slightly so he can stand and lift his daughter from her basket. "You got great timing, Princess" he teases Trinity slightly. Spencer glances back watching Tony carry Trinity through the hotel bedroom and into the next room, Tony being Tony pretty much has them up in some 5 star luxury suite that's more impressive then anything she's ever stayed in before, even Paris was a little....frilly for her. Spencer closes her eyes a little and rests back. "Spencer!" Tony yells, she bolts out of her seat and through the bedroom brandishing a gun, her eyes frantically searching for the threat. Tony scoffs a little and then smirks. "Sorry" he offers. "No monster threat" he chuckles a little and motions to Trinity on her play mat. "Just our daughter rolling over...all by herself" and he says is so proudly with this huge smile on his face that she can't help but smile back, Spencer lowers her gun and looks to her daughter who is watching her with a small smile. "That's good right?" Tony asks moving to Spencer. "She's pretty smart" he nuzzles into Spencer's neck.

"Yeah" she whispers. "It's amazing" she looks down a little and pulls away from Tony.

"I shouldn't have shouted" Tony apologises picking Trinity up.

"No, it's fine" Spencer answers. "I'm just so used to something bad happening and to be honest, I've been waiting for it with her....." Tony frowns at her. "My whole childhood my dad kept drilling into us that we were never safe, that when something comes, not if but when...." she looks to Tony. "I don't want anything bad to happen to her...."

"Every mother feels that way" he argues. "And I know...I know what you do is dangerous, I know what's out there now and I know the drill....salt the windows and doors, holy water tests, silver, I even got that charm thing you gave me on" she leans against his side. "We're covered" she touches Trinity's head and smiles, her daughter is growing fast, four months old. Four months. Spencer will at least get to see her first Christmas, and her first birthday, her first steps, even maybe her daughter's first words, it's something. Spencer bites her lip and shakes her head stopping herself from crying, Tony rests his lips on her head and closes his own eyes. He then smirks a little. "Hey, so...how about we get a sitter and I take you out to dinner, somewhere fancy, just you and me?" she looks to him and smiles weakly.

"That sounds nice" she whispers.

.................

Spencer gets all dressed up, a long red dress with gold jewellery, is a colour Tony loves on her. She runs her hand over her dress as she sits with Tony in the back of a car, being driven to dinner, he takes her hand and squeezes softly. Spencer smirks and leans closer to Tony who kisses her head. The car pulls up and the window next to Tony rolls down to reveal an intercom on the other side.

"Hi there, welcome to McDonald's, can I take your order?" The intercom asks them, Tony leans out the window a little to put in their order.

.................

Further along at another window Tony accepts the bag of food and nods at the wide eyed pimple covered teenager.

"Mr Stark" he stutters in awe.

"Kid" Tony greets back and hands Spencer the bag of food, Tony rolls up the window and turns to Spencer.

"Somewhere fancy, huh?" she teases, he smiles.

"Nah, my girl ain't fancy" he counters. "She's common" he pokes her nose. "And perfect" she kisses his cheek.

"Thank you" she whispers.

"You would have been uncomfortable somewhere expensive....and I would have been uncomfortable because you were uncomfortable" she takes his hand.

"Tony" he looks to her. "If you let people see this you, the real you, and not the pompous dick in the press, do you have any idea how much more people would like you?" she asks him warmly. "I mean it...this you is..." she shrugs not finding the right words. He pokes her nose again.

"Stop being sappy and eat your cheeseburger" he tells her with a warm smile.