Chapter Thirty Six

Bobby places an old tracking device over a map of the United States, Trinity slaps her hands on the top of it, Bobby smirks a little watching her. He sees so much of Spencer in the girl, having watched Spencer grow up, he sees all the little things in Trinity. He turns back to the device. The device has three wooden "legs" coming out from a glass or crystal ball at the top. The ball has a flat, metal piece going around it with symbols on it. Further down the legs, there's another metal piece, only bigger. From the ball hangs a pendulum device that is sharp on the end so that it can pinpoint a specific place.

"So you need a name, that's the whole kit and caboodle. With the right name, right ritual, ain't nothing you can't suss out" Bobby states looking to Tony, Spencer, Dean, and Sam stood on the other side of the table.

"Like the town Lilith's in?" Sam asks.

"Kid, when I get done, we'll know the street" Bobby answers, Sam and Spencer share a look as she threads her fingers with Tony's, he lifts her hand to his lips and kisses her knuckles. Bobby begins the ritual, starts the swing for the pendulum and then chants in Latin. As Tony, Sam, Dean, and Spencer watch, the pendulum begins to search over the map until it suddenly stops. "New Harmony, Indiana" Dean looks up at him from the map. "And we have a winner"

"Alright" Dean pushes the pendulum away and looks at Bobby. "Let's go"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa" Spencer stops him. "Hold on"

"What's the problem?" Sam asks her.

"What's the problem?" Spencer repeats. "Come on, where do I begin? I mean, first of all, we don't even know if Lilith holds my deal. We're going off of Bela's intel? Now when that bitch breathes, the air comes out crooked. Okay. Second, even if we could get to Lilith, we have no way to kill her. And third, isn't this the same Lilith that wants your giant head on a pike? Should I continue?" Spencer asks them.

"Ain't you just bringing down the room" Bobby mumbles, Spencer snorts.

"I'm sorry, so then what are we supposed to do, Spencer?" Tony asks her, she looks to him.

"Just 'cause I gotta die doesn't mean you have to, okay. Either we go in smart or we don't go in at all" she argues.

"Okay, fine. If that's the case I have the answer" Sam tells her, Spencer glances to him.

"You do?" she asks.

"Yeah. A sure-fire way to confirm it's Lilith and a way to get us a bona fide demon-killing ginsu"

"Damn it, Sam, no" Dean scolds, he turns his back to Sam and walks a few steps.

"We're so past arguing. Dean, I am summoning Ruby" Dean turns around, facing him as Spencer frowns.

"Who's Ruby?" she asks them, they both pause to look at her. She raises an eyebrow, Sam shoots Dean a look but it goes ignored.

"Sam's been slutting it up with a demon" Dean answers, Spencer turns to Sam.

"What?" she asks him. "Is this for real? You've been having sex with a demon?" her voice is raising slightly, Trinity runs to her side and clutches to her leg. "What the hell is wrong with you?" she snaps placing her hand on Trinity's back to soothe her.

"She said she knew how to save you" Sam argues.

"Oh, so you...what? Lay back and think of Spencer?" She argues. "Do not use me as an excuse to get your kinky rocks off with a demonic whore" Dean nods in agreement. "I'm with Dean...We have enough problems as it is."

"Exactly" Sam walks up to her. "And we've got no time and no choice either"

"Come on man, she is the Miss Universe of lying skanks, okay" Dean argues with him. "She told you that she could save Spence, huh – lie. She seems to know everything about Lilith but forgot to mention, oh right – Lilith owns her soul!"

"Okay, fine. She's a liar. She's still got that knife" Sam reminds Dean.

"Spencer" Bobby tries to grab her attention.

"For all we know, she works for Lilith" Dean points out, Spencer nods in agreement.

"Then give me another option, Spencer. I mean, tell me what else"

"Sam's right" Bobby interjects, Spencer looks to him.

"NO! DAMN IT!" She snaps, Trinity starts crying, Spencer sighs and crouches level with her daughter and brushes her fingers over her cheek. "Shhhh" she coos softly. "It's okay, no more yelling" she kisses the girl's forehead and closes her eyes lingering before she stands, calmer now. "Just no. We are not gonna make the same mistakes all over again" They look at her, shocked. "You guys wanna save me, find something else" she lifts up Trinity and heads into the back room with her. Tony lets out a breath and hangs his head, Sam places a hand to Tony's shoulder and then pats comforting. Tony nods a little and drops into a seat behind him, he buries his head in his hands. Bobby grabs his jacket.

"Where are you going, Bobby?" Dean asks.

"I guess to..." he throws out his arms. "Find something else" he admits and then leaves, Sam sighs, looking into space thoughtful. Dean grabs a bottle of whiskey from his bag and moves to Tony who lifts his head. They share a look as Dean sits at his side and hands over the bottle.

............

Spencer sits Trinity on the bed and gives her a small smile as she smiles brightly at her mother. Spencer takes a breath and pulls a box out of the duffel on the side beside Trinity. She sets it on the dresser, before readjusting it, and then doing it again. This is it. This box of letters and notes is all they're going to have left of her. She sets a letter on the top, this one addressed to Tony specifically. She's spent the last year writing it, adding to it. It's thick and she knows it will take him a while to let himself read it. She hopes she's done it right, that she's said everything that is needed to help him move on. She worries her lip as she touches the edge of the letter.

"Mommy" Trinity states quietly, Spencer brushes her hands over her face and moves to her daughter lifting her up again and kissing her cheek. This is not goodbye, not yet. And she will keep it from her until the last moment if she can.

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad" Spencer starts to sing softly running her fingers through Trinity's long brown hair. "Take a sad song and make it better. Remember to let her into your heart" Spencer's voice breaks a little. "Then you can start to make it better. Hey Jude, don't be afraid. You were made to go out and get her. The minute you let her under your skin. Then you begin to make it better" she hums the rest not trusting her voice anymore. Trinity rests her head against her mother's shoulder clutching to her jacket.