Chapter Thirty Nine

A/N- I THOUGH I COULD GET THIS TO 40 CHAPTER BUT IT SEEMS I CAN'T. SO IT'S GOING TO BE A LITTLE LONGER THEN THAT. PROBABLY ANOTHER TWO AND THEN AN EPI. 

The next few hours are basically a blur. Spencer's mind is in and out of focus, her heart getting further and further away from her. Back in Whitefish. With her husband and child. Everything is back with them. She barely remembers getting into the car, she barely remembers her brothers and Bobby talking before they left. She just...zoned out completely and remained that way but she knows Bobby follows along in his truck behind them. She's grateful that he is with them though. She's not really in the right head space to fight, having his hands on this will help them. She looks to her finger where her wedding ring once sat and touches the skin. It's pale. She never realized. All those weeks on beaches and in the sun and she never thought. Tan lines. The pale skin on her finger a stark reminder of what she's leaving behind, of what she gave up to bring back her brother from the dead. She can't say it was a mistake. She can't...because Sam is her twin brother. But knowing she is about to lose everything. It makes it harder to justify what she did. Dean and Sam share a look, the two of them sat side by side in the front of the Impala. Spencer curls up tighter on the back seat, pulling her jacket tighter around herself. Sam looks back at Spencer.

"Hey, Spencer?" he asks, she sniffles and looks to him.

"Yeah?" she whispers.

"You know if this doesn't uh... this doesn't go the way we want, I want you to know..." 

"No. No, no, no, no" Spencer argues shaking her head.

"No what?" Sam asks her. Spencer sits up sharply. 

"No, you're not gonna bust out the misty good-bye speech, okay? And if this is my last day on earth, I do not want it to be socially awkward" she offers, Dean and Sam look away from her. "You know what I do want?" Spencer asks shuffling forward and leaning across the bench. She reaches down to the radio and starts up Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive. Sam looks a bit "eh?" Dean nods.

"Bon Jovi?" Sam asks her.

"Bon Jovi rocks, on occasion" Spencer argues resting her head on his shoulder and starts singing along. "And I walk these streets. A loaded six-string on my back. I play for keeps" she pokes Dean, nudging him. "Come on" she pushes for him to join in before singing along again. "'Cause I might not make it back. I've been everywhere"

"Oh yeah" Dean join in with her.

"And I'm standing tall" Spencer belts out, Sam laughs and sing along with her and Dean.

"I've seen a million faces. And I rocked 'em all. 'Cause I'm a cowboy. On a steel horse, I ride. I'm wanted" Spencer pulls back a little to watch her brothers really getting into it.

"WANTED!" Sam belts.

"Dead or alive"

"Dead or ALIVE" Dean and Sam share a look as they sing together. Spencer begins to lose the will to sing and her smile is beginning to fade. Sam and Dean just continue to sing, laugh and smile, not noticing how Spencer is suddenly taking in the lyrics, realizing how much they actually fit her and what is about to come. Her smile completely fades from her face. "Dead or alive. Dead or alive. Dead or alive" The music takes over and Spencer starts to fade out again. Her heart beating pounding in her ears as she leans back in her seat.
.......................

Spencer wakes to a siren behind the Impala, she groans leaning up, not really knowing when she went to sleep. She glances behind, looking out the back window. Dean looks up in his rearview mirror as Sam looks over at Spencer. The flashing lights from the police car are now reflecting inside the car and over their faces.

"We getting pulled over?" Sam asks. Dean looks in his side view mirror.

"I've got a busted tail-light" He admits.

"It's not like we're in a hurry or nothing" Spencer mumbles rubbing at her eyes. Dean pulls over onto the side of the road, the police car stopping behind them. He looks to Spencer who rolls her eyes a little before shrugging back at him. Dean rolls down his window as Sam hands over the license and registration. The police officer walks up to his window, flashlight in hand.

"Problem officer?" Dean asks.

"Licence and registration, please" Dean, not looking at him, hands out the needed papers. The officer takes and looks at it as he's talking to Dean. "Do you realize you have a tail-light out, Mr. Hagard?" Spencer looks up and after a beat her face falls as she's looking at him. The officer tilts his head and shines the light on Dean.

"Yes... yes, sir. Uh... you know I've been meaning to take care of that" Dean admits. "As a matter of fact..." Dean starts only for Spencer to lean over him and thrust Ruby's knife into the chest of the officer. "Spencer!" Dean scolds. As Bobby is pulling up behind the police car, the officer begins to flash with light, showing that Spencer just thrust the knife into a demon. Dean looks to her as she pulls out the knife out, the officer falls dead to the ground. Sam, shocked, turns to his sister who is breathing heavily. She leans back into her seat as Bobby quickly runs over to them and looks down at the dead officer/demon. He looks back up at Dean and Sam in the car, surprised and shocked, the three of them all look to Spencer.

"What the hell happened?" Bobby asks.

"Spencer just killed a demon" Sam answers, Dean takes the knife from Spencer.

"How'd you know?" he asks her, Spencer looks worried.

"I just knew" she whispers in answer looking down. "I could see its face. Its real face under that one" Bobby who was looking down on the officer looks up at her by these words. Spencer looks up at him and meets his gaze for a second before she looks away.

.............

The boys are putting up branches over the police car, to hide it from plain sight and so that nobody can find it. Spencer sniffles brushing her coat sleeve under her nose. Sam glances to her.

"So what, now you're seeing demons?" he asks her.

"I've seen all kinds of things lately but... nothing like this" She mumbles looking away. Bobby touches her arm as he reaches her.

"Actually it's not all that crazy" he assures her.

"How's it not that crazy?" Spencer asks him.

"Well, you've got, just over five hours to go? You're piercing the veil, Spencer. You're glimpsing the B side" Bobby answers.

"A little less new age-y please" she pleads with him.

"You're almost hell's bitch. So, you can see hell's other bitches" Bobby tells her, Spencer looks first surprised and then her mock-face comes on.

"Thank you" she comments dryly.

"Well, actually it could come in pretty handy" Dean points out approaching them.

"Oh, well, I'm glad my doomed soul is good for something" Spencer counters.

"Damn right it is" Bobby agrees with Dean. "Lilith's probably got demons stashed all over town. We can't let them sound the alarm. She knows we're here, we're dead before we're started"

"Well, this is a terrific plan. I'm excited to be a part of it" Spencer mumbles. "Can we go, please?" she asks as she begins to walk away towards the Impala.