Epilogue - A Little Over A Week Later

Spencer leans over Trinity's crib, her eyes locked on Trinity who sleeps soundly, not a care in the world, no idea of the trauma of the last year. Spencer touches her cheek before brushing her hair back from her face as Spencer sniffles. Her beautiful little girl. They've been back in Malibu for seven days now. Seven long days. It feels surreal being alive. She spent so long waiting and planning and preparing for her death that she never thought about what would happen if she lived. Nor did she think about living without Dean in her life. With the guilt in her chest. Sitting there like a weight in her heart. She sniffles again and pulls her hand back from her daughter to let her sleep. She takes a breath and touches something in her pocket as closes her eyes. Time to face the music. She nods to herself and then slowly and quietly closes the door to the nursery and heads towards the stairs. She's nervous. More nervous about this then telling everyone she only had a year to live. Her heart pounds in her chest and she can barely breathe. Tears are already flowing.

................

Tony looks up when Spencer shuffles into the living room, he smiles softly at her as she sniffles and moves to him, his arms opening for her to instantly settle against when she sits with him. She looks exhausted, but he knows whys. Her brother is dead. And she feels it's her fault. Kind of is but he'll skim over that. He brushes his fingers up and down her arm as she takes a shaky breath, willing herself not to cry anymore. It's been an emotional week. Sam stayed a couple of days but all they did was fight and snap at each other so he left. Spencer was silent for a few days after that, wouldn't talk to anyone, not even Trinity. But she's better now. Not perfect but better. He kisses her head and holds her close to him before he looks back at the work in his hand. Now they know Spencer is fine, that she's going to live, he's going to get back to work, or his version of working anyway. He has a family to support, he supposes he better start putting in an effort. Map out a legacy for Trinity. Spencer presses her face into his shoulder and takes a deep breath, scenting him almost then she is pulling away, her shoulders shaking slightly. She pulls the sleeves of her dressing robe down and sniffles again.

"Tony" she whispers, he hums a little acknowledges her. "I'm pregnant" he snaps his gaze to her face, his eyes wide.