Chapter 5

"Sir Meliodas. Can you handle getting changed by yourself?..." Elizabeth opened up the door cautiously.

"Hey, Elizabeth, could you alert the others that we need to take a small break?" you spoke lowly.

Elizabeth looked down to see you cradling Meliodas carefully with her palms hovering over his wounds. Her palms emitted a glowing pale blue light that was reflected onto Meliodas's dark red blood oozing out of his gash.

 Her palms emitted a glowing pale blue light that was reflected onto Meliodas's dark red blood oozing out of his gash

"...Sir Meliodas..."

»

"Hey! Does this town have a do—"

"It's a Giant!"

"Wait! I just want to know if this town has a doctor!" Diane held Meliodas and you in her palm carefully. You hovered above him still healing him. "Captain..."

"I told you so!" Hawk screeched.

"Hawk and I will look for a doctor! If you could—"

"No, I'll help him!" Diane argued back.

"B-but..."

"Everybody's gonna run away the instant they see you!" Hawk continued. Diane looked down at them angrily, but she knew that she needed to do what's best for him.

"All right fine. I'll stay here with Captain and (Y/N), while you guys look for a doctor," she said reluctantly. With that, Hawk and Elizabeth ran off while you guys just sat tight for the moment. "How's it going?"

"It being slower than I thought. I don't understand why. I healed faster before. God, I wish I can just heal him faster!" you sighed agitatedly.

"It's okay, (Y/N). It's probably because you haven't used your powers in a while and you're not on a battle field. Everyone knows you're super strong in battle. Don't beat yourself over it. It's not your fault," she comforted.

"Y'know, it's not yours either." You gave her a soft smile as well, knowing that she was feeling guilty for not being able to do much in this situation too. Little did you guys know, there was a disgusting beetle spying on you.

»

You sat beside Meliodas as you were continuously healing him. You hoped that the doctor could take over in case anything happened and you needed to fight. Elizabeth, Hawk, Dr. Dana, and the nurse were inside the room, while Diane was sitting outside by the window.

"Why don't you take a break, Miss? You've been healing him for a while now," Dr. Dana suggested politely.

"Are you sure? I can keep healing him," you persisted.

"No, no. It's okay. I have already made a special concoction that can help him. You should take a break. It's not good for your health," he smiled kindly, but you felt that there was something he was hiding behind that smile. You just couldn't put your finger on it, but then again, he looked like a good-hearted person. He was a doctor after all.