Chapter 24

"The king is giving us medals?" 

"Yes! He insisted on giving them to the Seven Deadly Sins, (y/n), and, of course you too!" Elizabeth explained to Hawk.

"Come on, of course me too. I'm the star. The rest are just extras!" Hawk boasted. 

"Thanks for waiting. Ta-da! Do I look good in this, Elizabeth? This would make a great new uniform for the tavern, too!" Meliodas popped in, wearing his new white outfit.

"Yes! Of course!"

"Where'd you get that outfit?" 

"It was a gift from Elizabeth."

"I thought you could wear it at the medal ceremony."

"What medal ceremony?" you asked tiredly. You sluggishly came down the stairs in your new outfit, heading straight for the ale. You sat on the bar counter as you listened to them.

"Oh, (y/n)! That new outfit looks good on you!" Meliodas complimented. You mumbled a thanks back, still adjusting to the morning.

"The king is giving you guys medals! Where'd you get the new outfit?" Elizabeth asked.

"Merlin gave it to me earlier this morning and told me to wear it," you explained as you took another sip of ale.

"Isn't it a bit early to drink?" Hawk interjected.

"It's never too early to drink, Piggy."

"It's Hawk!"

"I, too, am ready to go," Gowther came in, "Sparkle!" 

"Who chose that for you?" Hawk and Meliodas said unamused.

"That would be my sweet beloved, of course!" Gowther gushed.

"Since when did you have a 'sweet beloved'?" you teased.

"Too much reading has blurred the line between dreams and reality, huh?" Meliodas added on.

"Hey, hey. Looks like everyone's having fun," King came in yawning. Unlike everyone else, his outfit was just the same, with the exception of a helmet resting behind his shoulders.

"Dressed like always, huh, King? What's with your hood? Is that a helmet?"

"Oh this? It was a gift from my best friend. By the way, where's Diane?" Just in time, Diane called you guys outside to come look at her new costume as well. Unsurprisingly, Merlin didn't have a new outerwear, despite making some for you and Diane.

»

As the sun starts waking, you slept peacefully in your shared bed with Ban. Except, he was already up and getting ready to leave you and the rest of the sins without much of a goodbye. As he packed his things for his journey, he looked over to see your sleeping face for the last time until you guys eventually reunited in the future. With a sigh, he threw his sack over his shoulder and turned the the doorknob as quietly as he could.

"Ouch. Not even a goodbye? I thought we were closer than that, Ban," you said sarcastically. You sat up, wrapping the blanket around yourself to protect you from the chill of the morning. You watched him turn back, giving up on being silent. Seeing that you were too alert for him to sneak out, he sighed a murmur of your name. "Ban, you know that if you ever need help—"

"Just call for you and you'll come right away. Yeah, yeah, I know. Stop worrying okay, (y/n)? I'll be fine." He walked back over and swept his hand through your already messy hair. He could only see doubt and concern in your (e/c) eyes, but you showed a light smile, nonetheless.