Chapter 21

"Why didn't you stop her?!"

"I tried! I swear!"

"Not hard enough! You were supposed to stop her from leaving no matter what! So tell me why are you still breathing if you really did try to stop her?!"

"I—I'm sorry!  I... I was just —"

"Weak! If you had done your job, we could've gotten rid of her! We could've destroyed a monster! Everyone that died, died in vain because of you! "

She choked back her hiccups and tears. She didn't need to be told what the consequences were to her actions. She lost everything she cared about. She lost the one she loved most and she couldn't help but blame herself. Without him, she felt unbelievably empty. Yet at the same time, all she was filled with was the greatest burning hatred for the one that took him away from her in more ways than one.

"Hey!  Are you listening—"

"I promise I'll do whatever it takes to end her! I swear my life on it! I'll end her even if I die! I'll make her pay!"

She knew it was all her fault he died.  If she had successfully stopped you at the very beginning, he wouldn't have had to gone off to find you. You took Myra's one and only obsession away from her and replaced it with a new one. Myra's unhealthy fixation on Oikawa soon evolved into her own belief that in order for be reunited with him again all she had to was remove the only obstacle in her way from "happiness": you.

She failed the first time, but she was sure that her resolve made her invincible.

»

"Just give up already. You're tiring to deal with. You couldn't stop me the first time and you can't do it now, so do us both a favor and leave," you spat as you looked into her driven, slightly crazed, eyes.

"No! You took it all from me! They hate me now! He hates me now..." Myra cried as she gripped her silver sword tightly.

"It's not my fault you're weak," you replied arrogantly. Of course a part of you felt bad for her, but at the same time you need to provoke her in order for you to easily take her down. You felt sort of guilty for making her angry, but her obsession was getting old. 

"Shut up!" She lunged recklessly at you, prepared to stab you.

You could only sigh at her pathetic attempt to land a hit on you. You lazily swiveled out of the way and harshly kicked her ribs, sending her face first into the ground.

"C'mon Mrya. Try harder would you?"

"Fuck you!"

"No thanks. You're not on my list." 

Myra let out a growl of frustration. You were really getting on her nerves with your attitude. All she wanted to do was make you shut up for once. She reached out to get a hold of her blade and slowly pushed herself off the stone tiled floor. You watched her steadily turn around to face you with her eyebrows knitting in anger and teeth gritting as if she wanted scream with all her might at you. 

But all you could feel was the proud smirk that was slowly etching its way onto your face from seeing just how much your existence angered her. 

Myra plunged her sword into the ground and sent a shock wave rumbling through the soil. The stones cracked up, creating many deep trenches. You jumped up into the air, avoiding falling many feet down into the earth. More focused on not getting caught in the debris, you failed to notice Myra flying at you at your blind spot.