Chapter 18

Meliodas and Ban charged at the mutated Holy Knight, continuously kicking. Only doing this, they angered it, causing it to strike them back. Flying quickly over to them, you caught both their collars before they could collide into the boulder behind them.

"Are you guys okay?" you asked as your wings silently flapped, keeping the three of you up.

"Yeah, nice catch!" Meliodas complimented enthusiastically.

"In battle, you should wait to see how your opponent will strike first," King sneered. You released their collar, making them stand back up on their own feet.

"Man, you're so arrogant! You didn't even help us!" Ban yelled back.

"Spirit spear Chastiefol, second configuration - Guardian. To protect against external enemies, its own moss is given shape by the Holy Tree, and sent into battle. Made of moss, its body can parry any attack, and with its high concentration of water it's highly resistant to fire!" King narrated as his sacred treasure approached the beast. To King's displeasure, it used a freezing attack to defend itself from his treasure.

"But it choked against the cold!"

"That was disappointing," you sighed as you crossed your arms and shook your head disappointedly.

"No! I'm sorry, (Y/n)!" King cried.

"Gowther! It's your turn next," Meliodas ordered as he turned to the half frozen Gowther.

"My glasses fogged up. You four hold him off for a while," Gowther walked pass you guys without a care.

"Huh?" you guys all reacted.

The beast let out a roar once more, making you guys turn your attentions back on the situation at hand. It punched at you guys, but you all moved out of the way in time.

"Your turn, (Y/n)!" Meliodas notified.

"Alright!" You amulet transformed into your sword (Picture is at the top if you don't remember) and you waved it in your hand to loosen up your wrist before dashing back at the monster.

"Diamond Blade," you said lowly as the edges of your sword sharpened and slightly glimmered when the sun shone on it with every wave you made.

You speedily flew toward the large arm it launched toward you and sliced it clean off. You flew across to the other side of its torso and did the same to its last arm. You continued this with the rest of its limbs. As it fell on its face, you shot back down to behead it. Before you could slice it off, it's arm regenerated and swatted you away, making you skid back to the others.

"Are you okay?" Meliodas asked and he helped you up from the ground.

"Yeah, thanks. Now what?" you asked sighing.

The beast let out another piercing growl. Meliodas decided to go next and try his hand at defeating it. It only proved to be futile and only resulted in him getting tied up.

"Don't... please..." Dale pleaded out softly that only Meliodas could hear.

"Hurry up and finish him off!"

"Oh, crap!"

"You dumbass!"

As Ban was coming to the rescue, Gowther shot a light arrow into Dale.

"Now's your chance to save the captain!" Kind advised.

You finally started to participate again and started to leisurely stroll over to Ban when he caught Meliodas from his fall.

"What are you doing, Captain? You could've gotten him just now!"

"He just said something!" Meliodas confirmed.