Chapter 23

You stood by Diane as Ban, King, and Meliodas went down into the underground cave to pursue Hendrickson. The Holy Knights stood further away, waiting for the next attack.

"It's so quite."

"Do you think the battle is over?"

A light rumbling was coursing through the ground, growing more violently as the seconds pass. The rumbling became louder, disrupting the silence.

"Diane!" Your warning was left unheard as the rumble became an explosion, sending you and Diane back. You opened up your wings, stopping yourself from being sent back even more. The rest of the Sins rejoined in the dusty explosion as the newly reformed Hendrickson came closer.

"Meliodas, this ghastly magical power... Don't tell me it's Hendrickson!" Gilthunder gasped.

"You mean that monster?"

"But.. he does resemble him."

"Is he that same ripped macho man from before? He sure lost some weight," Hawk stated casually as he stood beside the resting Elizabeth and Margret.

"He's after Elizabeth! Don't let him near her!" Meliodas charged, stabbing his blade into Hendrickson's shoulder, but he was easily swatted away like a bug.  Gowther came behind, trying to use his Rewrite Light, only to get beheaded.

"Please stop, Grand Master Hendrickson! You're under suspicion of betraying the kingdom!"

"Dark Snow." Hendrickson formed small dots of black, sending them into the air.

"Don't touch it!" You yelled, but it was already too late for some. The Knights grouped togeyher, trying to avoid the snow, but Hendrickson only came around and snapped the heads off instantly.

"This is the first time I've ever shown you this, right? Overpower!" Slader's eye glowed red as Hendrickson froze midair. "Let's shower him with hits! Simon!" The rest of the Knights joined in, causing a large dust outburst.

"Did we get him?" 

"Don't let your guard down! I'm sure we caused some damage." But Hendrickson stood tall without a scratch. "No way! After all those attacks, he's totally unscathed?!"Gil and the other Knights charged in courageously, only to be defeated. 

 "Rising Meteor!"

"Spirit spear Chastiefol, eighth configuration!"

"Dark Nebula." A mass of darkness formed, sending everything in it's path back. 

"Pure White!" You held your arms out in front of you as a large mass of blinding light  shot out from your palms. Your amulet glowed brightly, slightly burning up from the intense magic it was channeling. Once in contact with his nebula, your light curved around the orb, pushing it slightly back. You channeled some more magic, pushing some more, until, finally, your light engulfed the blackness. The void diminished, along with your light. The now scorching amulet sputtered a few more flickers of illumination before going out completely. You collapsed onto your side, feeling extreme exhaustion overwhelming you along with the red hot blister on your hands and wrists. You panted quietly with drops of sweat ran down your skin.

"Amazing job, (Y/n), but that attack won't save your friends again," Hendrickson smiled.

"Thanks (Y/n). You really saved us." Meliodas pat your head before picking you up and setting you aside with Elizabeth.  

"Dark Nebula."

Another one was sent, but this time no one could avoid it. Meliodas shielded you and Elizabeth from the attack, collapsing in front of you. "Sir Meliodas?.."  You blinked slowly, trying to make the blurriness go away. Ignoring everything else, you focused on your headache. You looked over to Hendrickson, seeing his lips move as he was making the dark snow come together into another sphere.