Chapter 6

"Can you believe he's still out cold after all that ruckus outside?" Hawk asked. Elizabeth was about to answer back, but a knock at the door interrupted.

"How does the patient look?" Dr. Dana strolled in.

"Better, thank you," Elizabeth responded politely. 'Watch out for the doctor? What did Lady (Y/N) mean by that?' Elizabeth wondered about her last words before leaving to Baste Prison with Diane and how she kept questioning Dr. Dana when he told her to stop healing him. "He's sleeping peacefully thanks to the medicine you mixed for him."

"He's sleeping like the dead!" Hawk interjected mindlessly.

"Don't say that, Hawk!" Elizabeth freaked.

"That's not inaccurate."

"Dana, well done. You were successful in your task," a mysterious, invisible voice announced. Elizabeth and Hawk gasped in fright as Dr. Dana stood still, unnerved for the sudden voice. 

"What was that!?"

"Who's there?!"

"I gave him a poisonous mixture of nightshade, belladonna, Spanish fly, and henbane. This boy will never wake again," Dana revealed casually.

"That wasn't medicine to treat his wounds?" Elizabeth gasped. 'Lady (Y/N) was right!'

"You see, not even we can clash head-on with the Seven Deadly Sins, even more so with the angel on their side, and emerge unscathed." Hawk looked furiously around to find the source of the voice. " Besides, the kingdom said to use any means necessary."

"Who are you?! Show yourself!" Elizabeth demanded.

"It is a pleasure to meet you." A figure dressed in armor with a helmet with two protruding horns suddenly appeared in between Elizabeth and the Doctor. " I am the Holy Knight Golgius, member of the Weird Fangs."

"A Holy Knight!"

"Where did he come from?!"

" Princess Elizabeth. I have come to take you home." He held out a hand for her to take until Hawk separated them.

"Hold on! You'll have to go through Hawk captain of the Order of Scraps Disposal!" Hawk stood tall until Golgius kicked him and he started bouncing all over the room. Golgius then tried to take the broken dragon-hilted sword away from Meliodas's hand, but as soon as it was removed, Meliodas awoke.

"Impossible! Nothing could have survived all the poison I gave him!"

"You don't know when to die... Let go of the sword!"

"Even if I should die, I won't let go of this sword. It's the only way I can atone for my sin!" A strong, powerful, dark energy started to surround Meliodas and Golgius. 

" Say anything you want, but the princess and the sword is mine!" A black insignia from upon Meliodas's forehead and his eyes lost its shimmering green. Seeing this, the Holy Knight jumped out the window and ran away cowardly. 

"Um, Meliodas? Is that you?" Elizabeth asked cautiously.

"Yo, Elizabeth, Porky!" His eyes and skin reverted back to how he originally was. 

"Thank goodness! You're back to your usual self!"

"Yeah, but he called me Porky."

"Uh... where are we?"

"We're in a town called Dalmally, at Baste Prison's doorstep."

"Who was that weird guy just now?"

"A Holy Knight named Golgius. It looks like he's after that broken sword of yours and Elizabeth. That quack doctor was in kahoots with him." They looked over to see an empty spot in the room where he used to be. Elizabeth stopped Hawk from running out the door to catch him. Meliodas then undid the bandages covering up his previous wound.