Chapter 13

"Hey! This festival ain't for kids! Now beat it!"

"Sorry. I don't see what's the problem here," Meliodas said innocently.

"Hey buddy. Don't spoil the fun. This is a festival," Howzer reasoned with Taizoo.

"Who do you think-- You know I am that Taizoo that won this festival three years in a row, right?" Taizoo scoffed as he walked away.

"Ah, thank you for helping my friend," you said happily as you walked towards Howzer and the others with a book in hand. Seeing your face, Howser immediately started to blush.

"A-ah, it was nothing. I'm Howzer, " Just then Howzer conceived a great idea. 'Wow, she's really hot, yet cute,' Howser thought, mesmerized by your charming features. "Maybe after this festival you would like to get a drink--"

"Ah!!" King interrupted, knowing exactly what Howzer was going to say.

"What?" You asked obliviously.

"The festival is about to start!" Meliodas added on, also trying to block Howzer out.

"Oh okay. I'm going to join as well, so sign me up, Ban," you smiled, easily forgetting what Howzer was about to say.

"My job is finally out of the way! Let's all have a good time! See you around!" Howser winked at you, making the male Sins glare at him without your noticing.

"Okay! Bye-bye, Howzer!" You waved cheerfully. As soon as you turned back to the Sins, their glares instantly vanished, making you none the wiser to their previous behavior.

"Where have I seen him before?" King pondered.

"The Fighting Festival elimination round now begins! Fighters step into the ring!"

As you and the Sins step into ring, there were some wolf whistles being heard around you. You turned back to see an ugly, old group of men checking you out shamelessly.

"Back off," Ban growled at them, slinging his arm around your shoulders. The men reluctantly backed off, seeing the giant, looming man guarding you.

"Okay, let's get Diane her sacred treasure back!" Meliodas cheered.

"It's the Vaizel elimination round. The referee will be yours truly, Love Helm! The rules of this round will be simple to the extreme. Knock out your opponents out of this ring! Throw them out, okay! Push them out, okay! Punch them in the air is also okay! If it's barehanded it's okay! The last ten contestants left standing will be moving on to the finals! Without further ado, let the elimination round begin!"

"This competition isn't meant for a beautiful girl like you, so why don't ya leave it to me. Maybe we could get a drink-- Ah!" The man that was talking to you was suddenly thrown out the ring by none other than Meliodas.

"There you go! One less problem for us!" Meliodas smiled as he dusted his hands off.

"I could've handled him, you know," you said unimpressed.

"Yeah, but it is my job to protect you, you know." He placed his hand upon the top of your head, softly smoothing it.

"I'm not a kid," you pouted while rolling your eyes. Ban headed over to you and Meliodas as he avoided some punches here and there.

"Bye-bye guys. Have fun," you waved to them as you walked to someone else, while dodging some tackles.

"Hey, Howzer!" you greeted as you backed up into his back, making you two back to back.

"Oh hey! You didn't get hurt right?" he smiled, elated that he got to talk to you again.

"Nope!" Just then a drunken man quickly staggered towards you, trying to envelope you in an unwanted embrace.