Chapter 16

"All right! Why don't we get ready to open the tavern? Us guys will procure the food. Elizabeth, I want you out there to promote the tavern. And could you also go buy some herbs?" Meliodas instructed.

"All right!"

"Hawk, you're providing support."

"Fine by me, but do you think Elizabeth will be all right?" Hawk inquired.

"Oh, I'm perfectly capable of going shopping!" She defended.

"Yeah, but the Holy Knights are still after you, right? Wouldn't it be better if you stayed here?"

"Staying cooped up will only dampen her spirits! Don't worry! If anything happens, I'll be right here!" Meliodas intervened.

"Sir Meliodas..."

"What am I going to do?" You asked as their eyes landed on you.

"I didn't give you any job! Even if I did, you'd just find some excuse to get out of it. You're planning to explore the forest, aren't ya?" Meliodas smiled at you.

You chuckled bashfully, knowing full well that what he said was correct. 'Wow, he has me completely figured out,' you smiled to yourself.

"If she's going to just going to into the forest, why doesn't she help you guys with the hunting?" Hawk asked.

"If rather not," you answered back, chuckling.

"Leaving her in charge of hunting is a plan for disaster. She can hardly hurt an animal, more or less kill them and then eat it. If she ate her own prey, all she would think about is how she murdered it and how she took it away from its family. That's we kill them for her!" Meliodas summarized accurately.

'Man, he's good!' You thought impressedly from his observations of you.

"Anyway, what are we going to do about Elizabeth?" You redirected.

"Why don't you disguise yourself?" Meliodas suggested before changing her into various unreasonable costumes.

After a while of changing and Meliodas perverted suggestions, Elizabeth and Hawk was finally ready to head into town.

"I'll be going now!"

"Right! You be careful now!"

"Why're draggin' me into this, too?" Ban yawned.

"Ban! King! Whoever catches the best quarry wins!" Meliodas announced.

"No way am I gonna lose!"

"Huh? Captain, come to think of it, where's your weapon? You gonna hunt bare-handed?" King observed.

"Oh, hey, I'll figure it out somehow!"

"Huh! Victory is mine!" Ban cheered.

"Hey, you're in the same boat!"

"Don't make such a ruckus, okay!"

You got ready to leave and start gliding through the forest until Meliodas called out to you one last time from the other side of the edge of the trees.

"Don't go too far! I can't risking losing you!" he grinned.

"Yeah, whatever," you chuckled playfully as you waved to him one last time before launching off above the treetops.

After a while of exploring the dense forest, you settled upon a large, thick tree branch, getting lost in your own world.

'What should I do now? Explore more? Nah, I'm too lazy. Fly? Practice magic?' you pondered. You eventually dismissed the ideas until you conceived a brilliant plan.