seventeen

Niklaus 

Valen made it known that he would be extending his stay while covering for my relationship with his twin. Putting him up in the west wing, Violet and I allowed him to settle in and unpack his belongings. Violet was nearly bursting with excitement and while I was happy for her happiness, I couldn't help but feel disappointed that all of her attention was no longer on me, which only brought me to question of: What are we? I separated from the little minx and changed into some workout clothes from my bedroom, needing some time on my own to think. Once I got to the in-home gym, I plugged the aux cord into my cell and used a playlist off of YouTube, pulling my hair in a bun at the crown of my scalp. After an hour on the treadmill, I shifted to cleans and shoved a hundred pound weight on each side before beginning. The song shifted to a faster pace beat and I went along with the music, swinging the bar up and under my chin before letting it fall to the ground; repeat. After twenty of these, I pulled the weights off and started toward the dumbbells. Pulling the fifties out, I worked my left arm and then the right, alternating between the two. I closed my eyes to focus on the pain of my muscles being worked, the music pulsing into my eardrums. 

 A small pair of hands wrapped around my chest and I dropped the bells, the feeling of her fingertips drifting up my abdomen made my mind clear. I didn't care what we were, I just wanted her all to myself; mind, body, soul. All of it. I wanted her marked with my name and I wanted to bare hers. A connection like this was nothing I ever imagined, she was a poison and an antidote all in one. I would risk anything for this girl and it scared the hell out of me. Opening my eyes, I watched her hands slide up my shoulder and slowly work at the tense muscles, earning a low groan from my lips. Her hands were suddenly missing from my body and my body went cold without her warm touch. Turning in her direction, she was already walking toward the leg press. Adding almost two-hundred and fifty pounds to the machine, she sat at an angle and began pumping her thighs from a crouched stance to completely straight legs. 

"Christ Malishka, I knew you had great legs but I had no idea you worked out." I ogled at her, biting my tongue as my eyes drifted across her tight ass. 

"Yeah, well, I've slacked the past two months. I had no idea there was a gym here until one of the maids told me you had gone to work out." She did ten more reps and then used a lever to halt the weights. Once she was standing once again, I collected her in my arms and kissed down her neck. She hummed softly as my tongue drifted down her collarbones, but she pushed gently against my chest and I placed her back on her feet. "I actually did come in here to work out, Mr. Hale." She giggled and drifted over to the punching bags, wrapping her hands before lowering into the proper stance and attacking the bag. My eyebrows shot up in surprise and while it made sense she knew how to box because of her lineage, it surprised me that Talon Maddox had even allowed his precious daughter to participate in such a sport. 

"Want to spar?" She cocked an eyebrow at me. "You keep staring, so I'm assuming you want a chance at all this." She motioned to her biceps and I rolled my eyes, a smirk coming across my mouth. 

"You can't handle me, babe." I nodded toward the ropes of the boxing ring to her right, which we usually used for training purposes when we added new guys to our crew, but I wouldn't mind throwing Violet around a little. "But I can take it easy on you." 

"If you say so," She smirked as if she knew something I didn't. Climbing through the ropes, I leaned against one corner of the ring and she bounced from one leg to the other opposite of me. 

"No face or genitalia hits, I think that's a given." I said, stating my conditions to this little match. She gave a curt nod and bumped her fists together, ready to start in on me. My smirk growing deeper, I slowly stepped forward. My thought process was to allow her the first hit and then from there, I would gently, but firmly show her who's boss. She bobbed forward and faked a left hook, squaring me on the right shoulder. Wincing with painful surprise, I stumbled backward and gaped at her. She innocently shrugged and I quickly charge forward, only for her to duck beneath me and knee me in the ass. "Fuck, Violet!" Merely giggling, she zig-zagged around me and climbed on my back from behind, hooking her legs around my knees and jerking sideways, causing me to fall on my sore ass. She stood over me, her legs on either side of my stomach as she watched me from above, pleased with herself.