eighteen

Violet

Alphonse Hale gave word to his people that his business trip would be lasting awhile longer. A few days turned into a week, a week turned into two, two weeks turned into three. Nik was suddenly hot and cold, either staying cooped up in his room or attached to my hip; although every night, I felt him crawl into bed with me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into his chest. This small gesture brought me validation that things were okay on some level, however, his side of my bed would be cold come morning as he would leave my bedroom by dawn. Ravon and Valen were trying to constantly keep me busy with holiday activities as they both noticed the sudden tension around Nik and me. In my brother's mind, he was the first line against my inevitable breakup, promising me that there was plenty more dick in the world. With a slight nod of agreement, I could see that Ravon had his own thoughts, but chose to keep them to himself. I went back to my room early in the evening after a day full of holiday baking, and while I smelled as sweet as a sugar cookie, I was also as sticky as one so I took a quick steamy shower and fell right into bed. I awoke the next morning with the distinct thought of a missing Niklaus. He hadn't come to sleep with me for the first time in what felt like forever, and I tried not to think about how much it bothered me. 

I pulled my robe over my body and tightened the tie around my waist. Stuffing my feet into some fuzzy slippers, I opened the door of my bedroom and without looking, slammed into a solid body. Reeling backwards before finding my footing, I gaped at Niklaus' stare that went from my slippers to the messy bun atop my head. The warmth of his gaze shot straight to my core and I bit my lip without realizing, another small gesture not going unnoticed by the hungry looking male. 

"Good morning," I said softly, shifting from one foot to the other. 

"Dobroye utro malysh [Good morning, baby.]." He replied, his voice low and strained while his eyes blink a few times to focus. 

"Is everything okay?" I wondered aloud, leaning against the door frame to appear cool and collected. 

"Everything is fine, I just wanted to check on you." His large hand came out to caress my cheek and I leaned into his touch, my eyes fluttering as warmth consumed my belly. 

"I'm okay," I whispered softly, feeling him step closer until his lips pressed against mine. I moaned gently into his mouth, lavishing in the warmth of his lips and the taste of mint on his breath. My fingers quickly tangled themselves in Nik's curls, pulling him impossibly closer because I needed him. I needed him in a way that made life without his existence unlivable. But not only did I need him, but I wanted him. I wanted him in a way that the need for his presence was welcomed. I wanted to need him. And I wasn't sure if any of that made sense, but it didn't even matter because...

I am in love with Niklaus. The thought made my throat close around itself because I didn't know what our future held, but I knew that in a world that Talon Maddox rules, I will probably never have a future with Nik. So I kissed him, I kissed him until I felt my feet pushing forward. His back met the wall adjacent to the door and I slowly closed it behind him. A small smirk appeared on his lips, and while my small gesture of dominance seemed to be cute to him, he quickly flipped us around and pressed me firmly between his hard chest and the wall. His slowly came around to feel the curve of my ass before lifting me off the ground and flinging my legs around his waist. I pressed my hips firmly against his, needing a sense of friction against my suddenly swollen sex and moaned in pure ecstasy at the feeling of his erection against my pelvic bone. 

"Fuck." He groaned, his fist grabbing a handful of my hair before pulling to expose my throat. Knowing exactly how to make me come undone, Nik zeroed in on the sensitive part of my neck and lavished the area with his tongue, causing my pantie-less sex to gush, my thighs slick with my arousal.