Prologue-"A bitch maybe?"

"Mom! I'm late for school, could you please hand me a granola bar?" I shouted from upstairs. I had overslept today as I stayed up all night finishing up my project which was due this afternoon.

"Here sweetie." My mother called from the dining area where my family is eating breakfast. I slid down the railing of the stairs, grabbed my bar and swiftly ran out to the garage to get my bike but not before pecking my parents on the cheek and punching my brother on the arm.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Cleo Havard. I'm a seventeen year old girl attending senior year in Dartwell High School. I'm not really a typical girly girl as I like to lie on my bed all day except getting up to get food on weekends. I do online shopping instead of going to malls as I'm... well, too lazy.

Oh, did I mention that my family and I are werewolves? My dad is the ex-Beta of the Night Shade pack. My brother, Storm who is two years older than me is the current Beta of the pack. We live at a house beside the pack house, where the Alpha family resides in. The current Alpha is Uncle John but the title is going to be passed down to his son, Flash tomorrow on his 18th birthday.

I hopped onto my bike and started the engine. As I passed by the pack house, a black sports car raced pass me and I automatically knew who it was. He was wearing his polaroid sunglasses with his brown hair being messy as usual. He slowed down to my riding speed and showed me the "loser" sign before racing pass me again.

Flash Winston. Just these two words can make my blood start boiling. Our parents were best friends so is my brother and him but not us. We're like the north and south, east and west. Total opposites. I can't really remember when we started hating each other but from what I know he used to pull my hair and snatch my toys when we were younger and in an attempt to get back at him, I used to throw all his toy cars away secretly.

As we grew up, we still just can't see eye to eye for each other. I hate that he's such a prankster, a jerk who bullies people for fun, a manwhore going around flirting with plastic barbies and not saving himself for his mate. A mate is your one and only partner given by the Moon Goddess. Not saving yourself for your mate almost seem as if you're defying the Moon Goddess.

Whoever's his mate is just an unlucky one. My wolf sighed in fake pity.

Agreed.

I continued the rest of my journey to school peacefully. Feeling the wind blowing against your face is way better than getting stuffed inside a vehicle. As I parked my bike and got off, the first sight I saw was that disgusting jerk and the biggest slut in our school and from the Red Hue pack, Caitlin Miller blocking the entrance of our school and shoving each others' tongues down their throats. She had straight blonde hair and blue eyes. Very typical.

I rolled my eyes at the awful sight and walked towards the entrance as I looked at everyone trying to find a way to get into the building but also not disturb a soon-to-be Alpha and his "privacy".

"Almighty Alpha couldn't keep it in his pants huh? Get a room you two! If you didn't know, you're blocking the entrance. Now, please excuse me." I gave them a fake smile while Flash threw me an annoyed face like I've interrupted them having sex or their climax.

"You're just jealous that you couldn't have him alright? Now who gives a shit about a little wolfie like you? Oh wait, calling you a wolf seemed quite insulting to you. How about I call you... a bitch maybe?" Caitlin pretended to be excited while thinking of what to call me.

I felt like my wolf is getting really agitated hearing this from a wolf that is of lower rank than her. Sure, we are not from the Alpha's family but being Beta's daughter, I couldn't tolerate any disrespect too. My eyes grew from the usual hazel to golden in colour. I felt my wolf trying to take over me as she wanted to teach that bitch a lesson. Just as I was about to start clawing her throat with my nails, I heard a loud growl beside her. I turned my head to look and saw that jerk's eyes are as black as a bottomless pit. He growled loudly at me again which forced me and my wolf to bow down submissively. Even though he is not an Alpha until tomorrow, he still has the authority to command anyone in the pack.