Chapter 4-"The bet's on."

I tried to scream but a mere voice came out. The alcohol was still burning in my chest and throat. There were two large figures towering over me but I couldn't see who were they. I felt my back touching the cold wall and could see two strong arms cornering me at both sides.

"Hey birthday girl. Wanna play for a moment?" A rough voice chuckled evilly.

I felt a finger lift up my chin and I jerked my chin immediately, disgusted by the touch. I glared at them and know very well they could see due to their heightened eyesight.

"Feisty little one are you?" Another voice said as I felt his disgusting breath near my face.

The smell of alcohol makes me want to puke so bad. I felt the bile slowly rose and burned through my throat. I muster up all the energy I had left of me and in the next moment, I felt the acidic substance escaped from my mouth and to the disgusting wolf's face just when he leaned into me. Instantly, I felt so much better and the burning feeling in me had reduced.

"You bitch!" I heard the first voice growled.

As soon as I registered what he said, I heard a loud slapping of someone's skin and I just fell to the ground. A stinging yet numbing feeling slowly crept up my left cheek. I don't know why but tears just sprang in my eyes but no sound came up from me.

"Aww, birthday girl is crying now? Let me give you another surprise to make you cry more in happiness." That voice stressed the last word until I felt a chill down my spine.

I looked up and saw that figure raised his hand up high like he was going to hit me. I closed my eyes while trying very hard to move away from these monsters. I felt a gush of wind from how hard he swung his arms down but the impact didn't hit me. One sniff in the air and I already knew who it was. The loud growl in the air confirmed my suspicion even more.

I opened my eyes and the only scene I saw was a new figure beating up the two smaller figures until they were half head. I can't explain the feeling I felt in my heart. It made me smile involuntarily but more tears came out as I sobbed louder.

Once the two figures laid still and unmoving, the "new" figure which I could recognise right away walked slowly towards me as if I'm scared of him. I tucked my head between my knees as I didn't want Flash to see me being helpless and weak.

"Everything's fine now. I'm here." He whispered. This is the first time he actually spoke so gently to me. Has a demon possessed his body?

He waited until my sobs subsided a little before tucking one of his arms under my knees and the other behind my neck. He lifted me up bridal style while I hid my face in his chest in embarrassment.

Man, he smells like heaven... Wait what? Stop right there Cleo. Don't forget he's still your enemy.

Contrary to popular belief, Mom told me that the mate bond doesn't create that electrical sparks thing when they are in contact with each other. It just feels like how normal couples are attracted to each other.

After walking for some time, I heard Flash kicking a door open so I assumed he brought me to a room. I felt my back touching soft cushions as he laid me down on a bed. I turned over so my face is smashed against the soft covers. I probably look like a ghost now with mascara dripping from my eyes and makeup smudged all over the place.

"Take this and clean up. You look scary." His deep voice echoed through the room.

I slowly got up with me facing the window so he couldn't see my disastrous face. I took the warm and wet towel which was thrown beside me and wiped my face. After a long time, I hoped I removed all the makeup and stains off my face or that would be even more embarrassing.