Chapter 12-"Do you own a jeans clothing store?"

Cleo!

Cleo!

Like in movies and shows, I hear a distant voice calling me.

Like in movies and shows, I see a white light illuminating in front of me, tempting me towards it.

And like in movies and shows, I go towards it.

That's how I regained my consciousness.

I jumped a little when the first thing I saw was a pair of ocean blue eyes just inches away from my face.

"You scared me, Tee." My voice ended up raspy.

"You're the one who scared me, bitch!" She shrieked in my face.

Tears began to well up in her eyes and she pounced onto me yet again.

"I knew your temperature is high when I hugged you earlier. So sorry I didn't get you to the hospital immediately. I wasn't sure you are running a fever until you passed out." She sobbed into my shoulder.

I'm... running a fever? Oh, that explains the chills in my body.

"Don't blame yourself okay? You wouldn't have known. And what are you saying? I am always hot." I tried to say in my sexy voice but failed miserably.

Tee has done a lot for me and I guess the least I could do is to lighten the mood and make her stop crying.

She laughed between tears. I wiped the tears off her cheeks with my thumb and gave her the 'I'm fine' smile.

Once she dried her tears, I opened my mouth to ask her. "How long was I out?"

"Well, right after you passed out, I immediately drove you to the hospital so you're only out for an hour. Don't worry, I have contacted your parents and they're comin-"

As if on cue, she was cut off by the door suddenly busting open, revealing my two worried parents.

"Are you okay, sweetie? Why did you suddenly pass out?" Mom's worried eyes met mine.

"I guess I got the fever from walking two hours from the pack house to Tee's. Nothing much. I'm fine now, aren't I?" I opened my arms to let mom hug me.

"I guess you're not going anywhere now for the next few days, hon." Dad said jokingly but authority laced his words.

"Dad!" I whined.

"Don't do this, Cleo. You're not going out of the house for the weekend and that's final." Mom confirmed.

They didn't say Teegan can't come our house.

"Okay..." I tried not to sound too happy about it or I'll expose myself.

"I just want to thank you Teegan for coming to Cleo's aid. I would like you to take care of Cleo more often than not." My mom hugged Tee in gratitude.

"No problem, Auntie Anne. I will." Tee said politely.

There was a knock on the door and in came the pack doctor who tended to me when I was poisoned along with two nurses. He greeted my parents and politely asked everyone to wait outside while he did a checkup.

"Hey, Ms Havard. Nice to meet you again." He stuck out his hand sarcastically but also not meant to offend me.

"Nice to meet you again too, Doctor..."

"Jones. It's right here." He pointed to his name tag and beamed at me.

"Yes. Doctor Jones." I couldn't stop the embarrassment from creeping up my face.