Chapter 2-"Don't take it so hard."

Flash's POV

"Yes, baby I'm coming right to class in a sec." I kissed the phone and hung up on Caitlin.

Caitlin wasn't a really bad choice after all. Besides being clingy and a show off, she didn't really cause me any annoyance. That's a perfect luna to me- one who doesn't hinder in my work. It would be great if she was my mate. I just hoped it wasn't any annoying shits.

I opened my locker and got my books out required for class. Just as I was about to walk to the class to meet Caitlin, a familiar yet not so familiar scent of oranges and sandalwood filled my nostrils. Except it's sweeter yet spicier at the same time.

I wonder where I've smelt this before...

With my heightened senses, I did a sniff in the air and realised it's coming from behind of me right away. I felt the scent getting stronger and turned around. With my 6'1 figure, I could easily spot who it was. She was still sniffing in the air and looking around. Her prominent black hair with red streaks covered her face as she turned her head violently each time, trying to find the scent which probably intrigued her a lot.

Could you be thinking what I'm thinking? I asked my wolf nervously.

She's our mate! My wolf exclaimed in happiness and excitement.

Her tiny yet captivating figure suddenly stood really straight and still. Her beautiful pair of hazel eyes stared straight into my dark brown ones. I heard a loud thud in front of her so I figured she must've dropped her books, my eyes never leaving hers at any moment.

Impossible...

I stared in shock and hopelessness at her which mirrored the same expression as me too. My wolf isn't helping me at all. All he wanted to do was to take over me and claim her right there but obviously, I would never allow that to happen.

Think, Flash. Think!

I quickly scrunched up my face in disgust which also made her shocked frozen face change into one that mirrored mine too. I felt a sharp pain in my chest but quickly ignored it. Geez, what's with her and mirroring expressions? Just as I was about to turn away, I noticed she regained her composure and picked up her books. She then ran as fast as her short legs could and in a blink, she was gone.

My mate was none other than the person who annoyed me the most in my life. The Beta's daughter of the Night Shade pack, Cleo Havard.

I walked to class very slowly. My wolf kept chanting the word 'mate'. However, the word seems so foreign to me now.

Cleo Havard... Mate... Cleo Havard... Mate...

I just kept walking straight, not realising where I'm actually going. My mind felt like it's frozen. I can't think straight. Hell, I can't even comprehend what the fuck just happened.

"Sorry Alpha... sorry... sorry..."

I didn't even realised I've bumped into multiple people before I heard apologies chanting around me. I stopped and turned my head to look at the guy who had just bumped into me. I stared at him blankly in contrast to his frightened face which is full of emotion. He apologised once more before scurrying off.

I continued my journey while I thought of why is everyone so afraid of me, my thoughts are shifted from the mind wrecking incident that happened earlier. An Alpha is also a wolf like them other than having authority. I'm a teenage Alpha at that.

The only person aside from our parents who isn't afraid of us one bit is our mate. My wolf sighed happily. That guy is lovesick as hell.

My wolf is right. Now that I think of it, she's the only one who says whatever the hell she wants about me without being afraid that I'll kill her any second. She's the one who dared to defy someone in the Alpha's family and her future Alpha at that.