Chapter 4

I opened my eyes and yawned, looking for a clock. Mom knocked on the door and I coughed, clearing my throat. She opened the door a crack and smiled, "Oh Honey. You're awake." I smiled groggily and nodded. She came in and sat on my bed, "Honey...Are you ok? You didn't seem like yourself earlier?" I bit my lip and nodded, "I just had a massive headache. I'm fine." As I told the lie, I cried inside. Oh Mom..I wish you could help me. I had sex and I wish I didn't. Shaking off my sadness, I gave her a bright smile and hugged her. "Thanks for worrying though. I love you." She kissed my forehead and hugged me back, "I love you too Sweetheart." She stood and turned to me, "Supper is ready." I yawned and stretched, falling back onto my bed, "Give me a minute." I mumbled. Mom laughed and poked me. "Get up princess. Your dad are waiting." I groaned, "Alright. Alright." I tumbled out of bed, pulling my hair in a messy bun. I followed Mom downstairs, to the dining room My dad, Steven, sat at the table. When he saw me, he grinned and pointed to the seat beside him. "Hey sleepy head. Ready for some dinner?" Mom rolled her eyes, "For the umpteenth time Steven. It's supper." I cringed, I knew a fight would start, that all they did these days. That's why Mom didn't know much about me..because I really didn't like how she always fought with Dad. I pursed my lips and sighed, Invisible...like always. I picked up my plate of food while my parents bickered around me. I put the plate on my nightstand and chewed thoughtfully. My phone vibrated and I looked at it. It was from Logan.
Logan: Hey beautiful
Me: Hi you.
Logan: Whatcha doing rn?
I listened and heard the yelling coming from downstairs.
Me: Attempting to not listen to my parents fight.
Logan: Oh man..I know it's tough when your parents are always fighting. Want me to come over?
Me: Sure, as long as you don't think you'll be getting any sex
Logan: Ok babe. No sex. See you in a few.
I put my phone down and placed my food on my lap. I listened again while chewing. No yelling or screaming, finally I could go put my dishes in the dishwasher. I tiptoed downstairs and suddenly stopped. Quiet sobs was coming from somewhere. Whirling around, my eyes searched for her, "Mom?! Mom!?" I rounded the island and there she was. Sitting on the floor, her nice bun had tumbled out and her long blonde hair was down her back. I touched her shoulder and she flinched, "Mom..what happened?"
She sniffled and wiped her nose on a tissue, "Nothing honey..just a little fight. That's all." My eyes widened, "You guys have never fought hard enough to make you cry.. what happened?" Mom shrugged, "PMS."
I nodded slowly, not believing her and watched her as she walked to her bedroom with its en suite bathroom. A knock sounded on the door and I rushed to get it. Logan stood there, in a hoodie and his grey Adidas joggers. I pulled him inside and led him to the couch. I turned on the tv and sat beside him. He pulled me close and I snuggled into him, watching Me Before You. He kissed my forehead and we lay there. I was drifting off when the door opened. My eyes flew open and I glanced at Logan. Dad walked in and glared at us. "Who are you!?!?!" Logan spoke before I could say a word. "Good evening sir. My name is Logan. I'm a friend of your daughter's but I hope to be more than just her friend. She was feeling sad and invited me over. Nothing dishonorable happened." Dad's eyebrows rose and smiled slightly. He turned and walked away. I gaped at Logan. He kissed me gently, "I'm a man of many talents." We sat back on the couch and I lay my head on his chest. I spoke up, "What made you pick me? Of all the girls? You seemed like a total jerk before but now..you're actually...amazing." I sighed and sniffed, breathing in his Axe cologne. His voice rumbled and I pulled away and looked at him as he replied. "I don't know..you're gorgeous...sweet..funny and you listen. No other girl is like you." I grinned and leaned down and kissed him, he pulled me and I sat on his lap. I kissed him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He grinned on my lips and I kissed his cheek. I blushed and pulled back, "You are so cute." He grinned, "You're cuter. I have a question for you." I cocked my head to the side and played with his hair. "Go ahead. Ask away." He smiled and kissed my cheek, "Aspen...I really like you....Would you consider being my girlfriend?? Like we could make this..us..official." I gasped, "Oh Logan! Of course!" In my head, I was terrified. I liked him but not even enough to be his girlfriend. He kissed me and I leaned forward, into his kiss. A knock sounded on the door and we broke apart. Groaning, I got up and opened the door. I gasped and went outside, "What are you doing here?!" There he stood, Connor.  He rubbed his neck ruefully, "Aspen...let me explain..can I come in?" I looked around furtively, "No! I mean...we can talk out here." Connor raised his eyebrows and I bit my lip. He knew I was hiding something. I heard Logan calling my name and I groaned. Turning around, I saw him open the door. "Baby who's th-" His eyes narrowed. "What are you doing here? I think Aspen made it clear she doesn't want you around." Connor bared his teeth, hissing at him. "I could ask you the same thing. We're having a private conversation." I grabbed Logan and buried my face in his chest. Logan wrapped his arms around me and spoke, "Well as you can see, my girlfriend wants me here!" I turned to Connor and saw the pain in his eyes. "Aspen..are you seriously giving me up for this...jerk? C'mon you've known me forever." I bit my lip. I was so conflicted..I turned to Logan and looked in his eyes, he was pleading with me. I knew he would never hurt me like Connor. I looked at them both, biting my lip, as the tears flooded my eyes. Who could I choose?

^^^
Well...who is Aspen gonna choose? Are you team Connor or team Logan?

Don't forget to vote and comment please! All your feedback is appreciated!!!!💗💖💓💕

<3 <3 writing_princess16