Chapter 39

Aspen's POV

My fingers ran over Connor's chest and I sighed dreamily, "Do you have any tattoos?"  "Hmm?" Connor hummed and stroked my back soothingly. I rose on his chest and peered into his face. "Connor..you can't fall asleep now. Lindsay is going to wake up at any time. Sleep later." He opened his eyes and looked at me with tired eyes. I chuckled softly, "Babies are a lot of work huh?" I sobered immediately and planted my lips on him, softly. His hands ran down to my waist and pulled me closer. He sat up and I let go of his lips with a smack. He chuckled and nuzzled my neck, "You're too cute." I giggled softly and ran my fingers through his hair. He kissed my collar bone and I sighed, "I prefer your lips on mine you know?" Connor looked up, surprised and I swallowed my giggle. He grinned and I pulled on his neck. He leaned to me and pulled me on his lap. I broke our kiss, " Remember last time we made out on your lap?" Connor smiled and shrugged, "Who says we're only going to make out?" I blinked and blushed, "Whoa there cowboy..we need to keep this nice and slow...I am still sore and not ready for all that." Connor chuckled and gripped my waist, planting me firmly on his lap, kissing my neck. "You sure about that?" I gasped and nodded quickly. "Please Connor..stop." I murmured, eyes closed. He laughed and kissed my lips. "Stop?" He pulled away with a raised eyebrow.  I inhaled sharply and shook my head, "D-don't stop." Connor kissed my neck again, "You gotta make up your mind beautiful." My eyes shot open and I jumped off his lap, chest heaving. "Stop! I said stop!" Connor smiled wryly, "Distinctly remember hearing you say don't stop.." I rolled my eyes, cheeks burning with heat. "When I say stop, I mean stop. Not continue and confuse me with your...stupid charm."I threw a shirt at him which he deftly dodged. He started towards me as I backed away, "Come on..admit it. You liked it." I raised a hand and shook my head, "Don't come any closer. Connor..STOP!" He chuckled and gripped my hand, yanking me into his arms. "Baby don't play so coy." He nuzzled my neck and I almost melted. My hands wrapped around his neck and I narrowed his eyes, "Remember..when I say stop we-" Connor's lips smashed down on mine and I melted completely. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I pulled away and shook my head, "No! Stop you're playing with my emotions and it's cruel." I folded my arms and sniffed at the sudden tears in my eyes. Connor let his hands dropped and he sighed, "You're right..I'm sorry. I'm just.." He reddened and I wiped my eyes, "I could care less on how badly you want to get in my pants, when I say stop we stop!" I yelled and Lindsay let out an angry wail. Groaning, I glared at Connor and hurried to Lindsay's cradle. "Hey babygirl..hey hey hey..what's with those sad eyes hmm?" I gently lifted her and started swaying. Lindsay was already so gorgeous. Her long lashes feathered her cheeks as she started to calm. I smoothed her hair, "Aww is Mommy's girl tired? Or is she hungry..is she hungry?" I softly spoke and undid my top. I lead her rosebud mouth and watched as she latched and started suckling. I sighed contentedly and sank on the bed. I let my eyes flutter shut and felt a slight breeze. Opening my eyes, I looked up at Connor. He looked at me sheepishly and sighed, "I'm sorry. I was wrong..I should've stopped when you said so." I nodded, "Sit beside me. I'm sorry too..I shouldn't have snapped at you. I only snapped because..because you weren't wrong about me enjoying it." Connor grinned cockily and sat beside me, "Oh I know." He winked and I rolled my eyes at his egotistical comment and smiled. His long finger ran over Lindsay's cheek and I smiled. Leaning against him, I let his arm wrap around me. Ding!  I looked over at it and noticed a text from Jason. I looked away and Connor followed my gaze, "You ok?" I smiled. "Yeah just hungry..hey can you go to the store and get me some good food? Hospital food sucks." Connor chuckled and disentangled himself from me. "Sure princess..anything for you two." I smiled broadly. He picked up his keys and dropped a kiss on my forehead. "Be back in a bit." I kissed his lips deeply and smiled, "Bye." Connor grinned and strode out the room. I sat burping Lindsay, waiting for him to be gone. Jason walked in and I sighed, "We have to go now?" He nodded, "Noah's looking for you harder now." I watched as Jason picked up my packed bag and sighed, "Connor is never going to forgive me. He could be Lindsay's father." Jason placed Lindsay's hat on and hustled us through the door, "He will forgive you after you tell him everything, but right now we have to leave." I hurried after Jason and into the car. I held Lindsay close and didn't look around at any landmarks. Finally Jason turned off the car and looked at me, "Ready?" I looked down at a sleeping Lindsay and sighed, "Ready. " He opened the door for me and we hurried into the plane awaiting us. I strapped Lindsay in the car seat and sat down. I'm leaving..leaving Connor and Logan. I stuffed a fist into my mouth and looked out the window. Jason peered at me and sat down. "I'm sorry Aspen. Everything is going to work out for the best though."  I looked over at him. I could feel the tears falling freely. "I hope so. Oh for our sake's I hope so." My shoulders started shaking and I dropped my head in my hands. Arms wrapped me and I hugged Jason tightly. My heart ached as I prayed that this place would keep us safe. 

^^^

Ok so like I'm really sad that she's already flying to Italy and left without saying anything to Connor. I also really, really miss Logan. But Connor and that make out scene. Anyways I gotta thank y'all for 1.8k! I love y'all and thank you so much!!!  One more chapter to go then on to book 2!! Keep reading, commenting and voting my lovelies!

xoxo writing_princess16