Chapter 22

Logan's POV

I pulled Aspen's arm gently, "Come on, come on. Almost there babe. Just breathe." She lifted her eyes and glared, "I am!" I hurried to the front desk as Aspen grasped the chair and breathed deeply. "Please..please help us. My girlfriend is in labor."  The nurse looked at me then glanced behind me at Aspen grasping on the chair. "Please bring her up to the front desk." I glanced at the nurse then ran, grabbing a wheelchair and pushing Aspen into it. "Stop it!" She hissed, slapping my hand and relaxed. I pushed her to the front desk and the nurse glanced at Aspen's pain ridden face. She hurried around and started pushing her towards Labor and Delivery. "How far along is she?"  She asked as I jogged behind her. "6 months, 2 weeks...she isn't due for awhile. Is she going to be alright?" The nurse and I helped her on the bed and she started an IV. "Hopefully. And we'll make sure the baby is ok as well. Now excuse me, I need to get a doctor." I nodded and gripped Aspen's hand. She smiled lazily and breathed out as another contraction started. She squeezed my hand and I groaned. She dropped it and grabbed the bed rails. Finally it left, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." I grabbed her hand again, "Squeeze as much as you'd like. I want to help anyway I can." I whirled around as I heard footsteps. "Hello! I'm Dr. Miles. How are you.... my my..we look like we aren't having a good day!" The older women smiled at Aspen who exhaled deeply. "Doctor. Please help my girlfriend..we were having dinner and ...And she was having back pain yet all of a sudden it was like she had contractions and she's not due for another 10 weeks at least. Please help them both." Aspen looked at me and raised a brow, "I don't know if I'm in labor now Doctor. They seem irregular and infrequent but painful." The doctor smiled and patted my shoulder, "Seems like we could be dealing with Braxton hicks. I'll check and see if your dilated or not to confirm." I looked wide eyed at Aspen as the doctor sat in front of her legs and popped them open. She wiggled and squeezed her eyes shut as she slipped her hands. "I can't watch."  Gagging, I fled the room. I heard a phone go off and checked mine.  Boss.

B: Have you completed our mission?
Me: I can't. I'm not available.
B: Remember..if you don't complete this. Something is going to happen to that baby, or that girl..you wouldn't want that would you?
I growled and stomped back to Aspen's room. I glanced at my phone one more time.
B: Meet me outside in half an hour
I looked at the doctor and at Aspen who looked so much more relaxed. "Well Logan, Aspen and your baby are okay. It was indeed Braxton hicks.  They'll be fine. I gave her a sedative to feel a little more relaxed and the contractions to slow down. You should be able to go home by tomorrow." Relief rushed through me and I hurried to Aspen's side, "Baby...I was so worried...I was so scared..I-I." Tears dripped from my eyes onto her shoulder, hanging my head I sniffed. She smiled and laid her palm on my cheek, stroking slowly. "But we're okay. Don't cry baby. Lindsay and I are okay." I nodded and wiped my eyes. She smiles then yawned, "I am really sorry babe..but I'm really tired. Whatever sedative they gave me makes me want to sleep." I brushed back her hair from her forehead and kissed her. "Sleep. I'll be right here." I gripped her hand and sat in the chair.  She fell asleep quickly and I pried my hand loose. Leaving her room, I glanced at her sleeping peacefully. I sighed and hurried downstairs and out the door.

Twenty minutes later, I opened the store room door. I heard a grunt and turned around. Dad sat on a chair, tied up and getting beaten. I rushed over to him when someone grabbed my arms. I twisted and fought. "Let go of me!" I growled and yanked on my arms. "Logan...how nice of you to join us..." I glared as Boss smiled and strolled around me. I fought against the guards then winced as my dad grunted. "What are you doing!?!" I screamed. My dad spit blood out and panted. I looked wildly at Boss. "Stop! Stop! I'll do anything." Boss steepled his fingers and smiled, "I was hoping you'd say that." He snapped a finger and the guy stopped punching my dad. I stared at Boss as he walked over to me, a malicious grin on his face. "Logan..you either finish this mission soon or not only will your father get hurt, but your mother, your sister, your girlfriend...And that baby..Lindsay right?" I pursed my lips shut and stared straight ahead. Finally I hung my head, "It'll be done. Please.. leave my family out of this." Boss nodded and let go of me. I rushed to my dad when my phone rang. "Babe?"
"Aspen?"
"Baby..where are you?" I groaned inwardly and glanced at my dad. "Something was up with my dad...I came to get him.."
"Oh no.. is he ok?"
"Yes, he'll be fine."
"Oh...well..come back when you can please..I miss you. I know I sound annoying." I snorted, "Oh baby you could never sound annoying.. I'll be back soon. I love you."
"Love you too." I hung up and untied Dad. He spit, coughed and panted. "Dad..I'm so sorry. I didn't think he would do this." He patted my shoulder and coughed again, "You...you must complete this mission or we all must move away. This man will not hesitate to kill us..and you with a baby? Son... there's going to have to be some major changes if you don't complete this mission." He limped out of the warehouse. I followed behind closely, thoughts running widely in my head. What will happen to my family?

^^^
Hehehehe so I wanted to throw some drama in there! Hope you like it. Also sorry it's late, I've been busy this week. Anyways enjoy and next part out on Sunday! Keep reading, voting and commenting my lovelies💖

xoxo writing_princess16