Renewed Memories (Chap.1)

Hey guys, again, this is my first story on wattpad, so it might take me a while to get used to it and stuff, so work with me, please.

*******************

Your POV

"Noooo! I'm not going! I don't want to go!" I screamed as he shook his head.

"Come on, (y/n), you're acting like a 5-year-old."

" I don't want to go! I'm gonna die on that boat! I HATE BOATS!"

"YOU'VE NEVER BEEN ON ONE!! You're overreacting!"

"Um, Jay, Do you know where we live? Did you know that we only know 50% about the water that surrounds us?

"(y/n), come on, you know we couldn't afford something like this on our own. You know how much I'd wanna go on a boat. If you're not going for yourself, go for me at least." My heart softened to see my brother with his pleading blue eyes.

"Fine Jay, I'll go. But I'm only going for you." I crossed my arms over my chest and flung my leg over the other and glared at the air.

"You know what? Let's make a bet." Jay said as I looked up happily and smiled.

"Ok. I love bets! What's the bet?"

"If I'm right, and nothing goes wrong, you owe me cotton candy and the carnival for 2 weeks. If you're right, and something goes wrong-"

"You mean when I die and you regret ever telling me to go, you get to clean my room for 2 weeks." He looked at me kinda funny.

"Wait, how does that even..." I raised my brow at him as he just shrugged and smiled at me.

"Never mind."

**********

"Yup. It's Official. IM GOING TO DIE!!" I screamed staring at the boat I was gonna board. It was ok, made of metal and It looked promising, but just looking at it gave me shivers.

"You'll be fine," Jay said rolling his eyes. "Remember our bet?" I nodded and reached into my coat pocket as his eyes followed curiously. I pulled 2 papers out of it, 1 labeled, MOM AND DAD, and the other labeled, JAY.

"Here. I'm going to die on the boat anyway, so I wrote letters for you and mom and dad. And if I don't die, then we can read them together. I'm a little dramatic, so." He looked at me like I was crazy, but I put on a serious face as he nodded.

"Fine. But I hope you have money. You're gonna be broke for a long time." He smirked at me as I rolled my eyes.

"Hey. Have fun, sis."

"Only a maniac like you would think this was fun." I groaned. 

"EEEEEE WE'RE GONNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!" My best friend Lyra skipped up to me and threw her arms around my neck.

"And a maniac like her." I pointed behind me at Lyra who jumping around like a kangaroo as a figure emerged behind my brother.

"Oh, hey, Cody." I smile at Lyra's older brother. He was close to Jay's age.

"Hey, Jay. Wanna walk back to school with me?" He offers as Jay give him a curt nod tries to turn to me, but Lyra's grabbed my hand and is pulling me toward the boat.

"Hey, (y/n)! Come back to me, ok?" He said, watching me being dragged onto the boat by Lyra and I yell back,

"I'LL TRY!"