Meanwhile (Chap. 5)

Hey guys! Guess whos baaaaaccckkkkkk My mind's been nagging at me to publish another chapter so I did :) Right let's go!

***********

Your POV:

I groaned, opening my eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the bright sunlight. I was in a dense forest with rich greens growing all around me. It kind of looked like Hiroshi's Labyrinth, but I wouldn't know for sure until I was able to look around more. It was pretty, but kind of dark.

I'd been here before...

I felt my eyes widen as I'd recognized what this place was. This was the place I'd been stranded for a year...

"No, no, no no," I whispered, getting up quickly, hoping this was a dream. I couldn't be back here again, I couldn't let them take me again...

"The prisoner's escaped!" A sharp, high-pitched voice pierced the air. "Find her!" I jumped up and made a run for it, my breath quickening to pants.

No, no no no....

I wasn't watching where I was going, and rammed into something, making me fall back with an "oof" noise. My pants got faster, realizing that she was getting closer. The sound of the pounding feet of warriors with heavy armor.

I heard a small cough next to me, and my head whipped around to see who it was. There was no one here but the prisoners... were they not looking for me?

There was a woman next to me. Her arms were on the forest floor, her platinum blonde hair draped over her face so I couldn't see it. Her dark blue leggings were cut all over the place, and so were her sleeves. The sound of her heavy panting silenced everything else around me.

"Who are you?!" I demanded, jumping up, trying to get away from her, scared she could be a warrior in disguise.

She looked up slowly, and my heart almost shattered. Her face had scabs and cuts all over it. Her eyes, once blue by the look of it, were bloodshot and almost white. Her lips were completely chapped and dry.

She had scars too, on her arms and legs. But there was one that really bothered me. There was a huge scar running from her temple, all the way down to the base of her neck, with stitches running along half of it. It was faded, as if it happened a long time ago, but it was clear this woman had been tortured.

She looked so exhausted...

"Oh, my goodness..." I knelt down, slowly pushing her hair out of her face. "What happened to you? Are you okay?" She groaned as I helped her up.

That's when she looked up at me and whispered,

"Help me..."

*********************

I woke with a start, my head still throbbing from last night's injury, and now from the dream.  I sat up and looked around the room a little confused, then recognized my room on the bounty. Over to my side, the wall clock said 9:36 am. They must've let me sleep in cuz of what happened yesterday.  I sighed as I remembered the dream again. Well. That's a nice reminder. I wonder what happened to the other one. I fell back on my bed and let out a large huff of breath. 

I wonder who that woman was. The poor thing was tired, tortured, exhausted...

But why would I dream of her? Was she real? Had she been a prisoner of the island just like I had?