Chapter 11

The water is staying warm now as the fire heats the side of the tub. I lean back against Zarcar's naked body and I watch the flames with a sudden premonition. Just a feeling, similar to what the moon had just whispered to me about Zarcar shattering me in the future.

"...dangerous," I whisper uncontrollably and Zarcar's hand on my rib cage stays still, while his other hand reaches up to trace his thumb over my bottom lip.

Simple gestures like that I allow and choose not to react to. Wisely so.

"What is?" Zarcar asks low, clearly his mind is on one thing.

I decide to entertain Zarcar at least for a little bit. All the better for when I plotted his murder later on.

"What's dangerous? Oh, I willingly made room for you to handle me so intimately, completely naked... so here we have a virgin moon priestess and a well defiled and corrupt war lord, bathing together. And I don't even like you."

"Yet you think I'm handsome," Zarcar can't help himself as I watch his finger lightly stray from my bottom lip, my tongue flicks out and slides across where he just caressed me. What I taste is salt and earthy – like dirt. However, it's strangely not revolting. My eyes follow his thumb as he brings it back up to run along my bottom lip after I've tasted his distinctly earthen and rain essence.

"Do you like soft things, my lord?" I ask in a whisper while not denying his previous statement. When Zarcar doesn't answer, I assume he agrees, "Because if so, then you may get used to my ribbon attire – it's all silk and soft."

"Do you have nothing else to comment about what I admitted to you?" Zarcar seems to have no issue controlling the direction of the conversation. As he says this, I reach up a hand and boldy grab his wrist of the hand near my face. He lets me do it and I simply feel his pulse as I hold him steady in my small palm, pulling his curious fingers from my lips.

"If you wish to teach me obedience," I answer, truthfully, "Then I am not worried yet, as nothing you have done so far has changed me one bit. By the moon... you will have your work cut out for you, Zarcar. I'm not a very obedient soul."

"It's not about that," Zarcar seems pleased by the words that have danced out of my mouth in an effort to steal the brunt from his idea of teaching me subservience, "It's about discipline and showing you how to behave. Your fine temper so far is merely adorable, much like your distinctly perky breasts –"

"We are not lovers yet," I snap, pushing his wrist away from me, he allows me that small luxury, "...perhaps never. Have you even considered I may refuse you forever?"

"I doubt you'd have the will to resist," Zarcar doesn't even have to think about his words.

"Priestesses have very strong wills, sir," my tone turns uncontrollably haughty.

"Regardless, are you going to wash or are you going to fall asleep on me in this bath?" Zarcar sounds not fussed, either way, "How about I help...?"

"If the Master wishes to wash the Slave, be my guest," I can't help but use his words against him. A slight cave in. If he was smart, he should not give me the opportunity to downplay his power! If he washed me, he was contradicting himself!

"Since you asked for it," Zarcar chuckles as his hands start moving. I freeze as the hand on my rib cage, trails along my stomach and his other hand brings water up to trail down my left forearm, to my wrist, my hand and then my fingers.

He is surprisingly gentle and I'm shocked he didn't try something more bold... like reaching between my legs. Not that I wished him to do so.

I try to relax my stiff spine as I lean back against him once more, but this time I feel a certain difference behind me. A hard prod, like velvet iron... or...