Chapter 13

*THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS: SEXUAL | ADULT CONTENT | 18+ only please!*

It's probably the most foolish thing to do, thinking about something so vein when so much death had come from Zarcar's orders. He had infiltrated my city, murdered some of my kind – innocent priestesses. And here I was lying on a bed thinking about his naked, sweating and hot torso in the city square. I had slid down his front at the fountain and enjoyed the warmth of his body. Just like I seemed to enjoy our little heated conversations and small physical interactions.

My thoughts stray to all the ways I can kill a handsome warlord like him, but for some reason they always end in a kiss or him holding me down. Yet even those scenarios brought a fair smile to my lips and made my cheeks warm. Selfish, petty, romantic dreamings of a happier realm in the stark reality of being nothing but a war trophy. I had to remember he was using me and playing me to gain what he needed. Playing this game was not reality. Yet the game itself was addicting and so beautifully toxic. I knew it and I didn't even seem to care in all our moments. Perhaps I was reckless since the little battle we had on the rooftop of my tower ended in my defeat. Perhaps the death of my friends was easier to ignore when-

My nose twitches as I catch a change in the scent of the air. The one thing to break the monotony of my few hours of pointless day dreaming, was a change in the weather. Rain. A sudden wail of wind and a crack of thunder breaks my strange thoughts as I lie on the bed – just waiting to be ravished.

My eyes open to the sounds from the sky and I'm swiftly reminded Zarcar isn't just a warrior... but a sorcerer.

I look at the daises being showered with a sprinkle of misty rain. I sit up and roll off the bed to head to the shutters and close them. However, as I lean over one of the heavy pots, I see the sky.

A small unnatural storm has gathered by magic over the city. It is contained to the dirtier, poorer parts of town by the west gates of Swendula. I watch curiously, thinking Zarcar's small training army have moved there to showcase more of their skills around town. It doesn't take me long to realise it's an actual fight breaking out. Rebels are unsuccessfully trying to beat down Zarcar's small army.

With the mist increasing to rain, I can only see moments of the battle before I notice one tall man in his black hood, raising his blue glowing fist towards the sky.

Lightning shoots down and hits Zarcar's closed fist before the bolts of electricity shoot out in different directions and hit all the remaining rebels.

I watch as smoke lifts in the rain as bodies fall, while Zarcar's army falls back.

I glance up and see the grey thunderclouds start to peter out into harmless rain clouds.

A heavy downfall starts to spread across the city and I take a step back. I hold up my hand, using my smaller magic to bring the shutters tightly closed. Then I use my other hand to build the fire in the fireplace. I watch it burn brighter and I feel the chill creep in through under the door.

"...unimaginable," I whisper, thinking of Zarcar's power. Insane limits. How was he so powerful? Taking the magic of virgin priestesses like I? Or from intense practice throughout his life so far? He could stop any resistance so easily. With a simple trick. No wonder his army infiltrated Swendula so quickly.

I walk to the closed door and open it to peek out into the corridor where the open windows let in the rain.

Holden isn't up here. He was probably patrolling the bottom level.

I look back to the fire, the pots of daises and the bed. Aside from my ridiculous day dreaming, this room was a place of war planning. Seduce me; increase his power.