Chapter 20

I peel my silver dress off my body and brush vigorously through my hair before Lixar returns with the bucket of water. I have managed to brush through most of my knots, surprisingly enough. I yank through the last of my mangled hair, thinking about how Zarcar and the King will be arriving in mere minutes.

This was atrocious – absolutely the worst situation possible. If I could just manage a simple enough braid, wash off the stink, dust and grime from my body, shimmy on a presentable outfit – surely, surely I could be ready in time!

I hear the boots of Lix stomping down the hall, before I hear his cheeky call, "You better be naked, Chyronex!"

"Just hurry up, will you?" I scream back at him as he kicks open the door and pulls his arms back with the bucket – about to throw it at me. How typical that his first attempt at a continuous throw is halted by the look in his hazel eyes.

Most men would stare – but Lixar seems to have that dark demonic side just like Zarcar when it comes to an unhealthy obsession with lust. This is clear when Lix stares at the curls between my legs and boldly states, "I can smell your divine petals from here... it's sweetness... real sweetness..."

"H-" I can't get a word in when Lix chucks the bucket at me a moment later and a wall of water collides with my body and my open eyes.

"I'm going to curse you, you piece of horse shit!" I rub at my eyes and then awkwardly reach for the cotton drying cloth on my bed.

"Ah!" Lix pounces forward and snatches it from me – too fast.

"Snake," I hiss, and he flicks the cloth so it whips over my tits – I think it's meant to be a kiss in the air above it, but when it makes contact and I hunch over in pain, Lix profusely says he's sorry as he grabs said nipple with his hand and squeezes it better.

"That wasn't supposed to happen," Lix murmurs under his breath, barely keeping in an amused chuckle. My hands clasp around his wrist as his palm rubs that cloth over one breast to the other.

"I –"

"I'm quicker," Lix doesn't let me get a word in and I can't complain. Simply because I couldn't waste the time!

So, I growl as I stand up straight and he runs the cloth over my body for me. I glare at him the whole time – his mouth pulling at the corners as he runs around me and pats me dry – occasionally squeezing in places he doesn't need to squeeze. Like my ass cheeks.

"Hurry it up!" I snarl at Lixar – just as I hear a musical chuckle coming from the corridor and the murmur of another masculine voice.

A pair of men; early!

They had arrived early!

Rey and Zarcar had just walked up to my level of the Moon Tower, they had just exited the stair case and would be here any second.

"No, no, no –" I hiss back at Lixar as he clamps a hand over my mouth, shuts my jaw and laughs in my ear.

"No," Lix drawls back to me, throwing the cloth to the bed, he wraps an arm around my naked waste and drags me back with him towards the daisy pots.

"What are you doing?" I hiss even quieter, wondering if Lix has some sort of ulterior motive.

He holds my waist firm, his arm immovable as he... he leans back against the window sill, holds me into his front and pets a hand through my hair.

"It's okay, Chyronex," Lixar drawls with such a menacing, cunning lie of confidence – I want to kill the handsome bastard right now! I struggle against him but he holds me tighter, "Stop it," Lix leans forward at the right time to say it into my ear.