Lucky

The young olive-skinned man dressed in a dark blue three-piece suit that clung to his slim body walked in the small dark restaurant. Standing at 5'11 he was not an intimidating man physically but his dark eyes hidden under thick lashes told a different story, if looks could kill than Charles Luciano was a mass murderer. He walked up to a table occupied a middle-aged chubby olive-skinned man.

"Joe" Charlie spoke in a deep thick Italian American New York accent.

He was born in Sicily but moved to the US when he was ten
"Toto. Sit down please" Joe said in a thick Sicilian accent causing Charlie to groan.

He hated that name, it was his birth name. Salvatore Lucania. Toto for short it was given to him by his father who is a weak man in Charlie's eyes.

He took the seat next to Joe
"I have a business for you in Atlantic City," Joe said coyly.
Charles furrowed his thick dark brows in confusion.

"Atlantic City?" He asked.

"Yes. Atlantic City." Joe answered with a smug look.

Charles put his hand on his mouth. His silver pinky ring with ruby center which symbolized his status as a made man glistering under the dim light.

"Now why would you want me to go to Atlantic City. I thought we only did business in New York."

That was a lie Charlie had been doing business in Miami for nearly two years now but he would never reveal that to Joe. The man was greedy and Charlie had no doubt he would want a cut from Charlie's hard work. This is why Charlie despised him, he could not wait to whack unfortunately for Charles the man had power so he had to be patient and pretend to be his right-hand man.

"Si," Joe said.

"But Salvatore we can't grow our business if we stay in one place now no?. We have to expand and grow," he added.
Charles nodded

"Ok. What.." he cleared his throat

"What do you want me to do in Atlantic City ?".

"I thought you never ask" Joe replied with a grin

"Salvatore Maranzano has come to do business in America. I want you to make him my connection to Atlantic City. Apparently he has Nucky Thompson..."

"The city treasurer". Charles interrupted.
Joe glared at him but continued speaking.

"Yes. The city treasurer. Apparently he has him under his thumb."

"I need to convince Mr. Maranzano that it would be in his best interest to work with me" Joe added
"But you understand that going to Atlantic City means that I am stepping into Chalky White's territory right?" Charlie asked hesitantly.

Albert "Chalky" White was the most powerful gangster in Atlantic City and Joe despised him for that, not only was he powerful but he was black which did not sit well with many people after all this was 1959 and a black man having so much power was unheard of. Joe was also racist and he believed in working with Sicilians only. Charlie, on the other hand, did not care about the color of your skin or nationality as long as the money was made he worked with anyone.

"Fuck that nigger!" Joe angrily roared as he slammed his hands on the table causing cutlery to jolt.
"Joe." Charles cautioned him
Joe took deep breaths and calmed down
"Chalky White is and never will be a threat to me and I don't give a fuck about his business in Atlantic City.  If I want to do business there than I will do business there. Are we clear?." Joe spat angrily.

Charles nodded
"Good."
"When do you want me to leave?" Charlie asked
"Tomorrow morning would be good. I want you to return and update me." Joe spoke as Charlie stood up.

"Anything else?" He asked while putting on his black overcoat and hat.
"Try to keep your cock in your pants. I don't want any broads being a distraction yes?"
Charles chuckled. He was known for his womanizing ways. Charlie had never been in a relationship, he only had women to keep him company nothing more than that. Women for him were strictly for pleasure. In his line of work, emotions were a weakness and Charlie Luciano was not a weak man.

"Come on Joe. I would never be distracted by some skirt" Charles said with a cocky grin on his face.

Joe glared at his standing figure
"I mean it no puttanas si. Joe said.

Charlie licked his lips, nodded and walked out of the door of the restaurant.

-

The next day came quicker than Charlie liked. He was woken up by his alarm clock roaring at his bedside. He slammed the clock to stop annoying noise. He groaned and felt a weight on his chest, he looked down and saw a mass of blond hair on him.

He remembered going to the brothel and having a few drinks but for the life him, he could not remember how he ended with this naked broad in his bed. He was sure the combination of whiskey and opium had something to do with it. He also had a massive headache as a result of his activities from the previous night. He groaned once more

"Wake up," He said in his deep morning voice that made women lose their minds. Charlie was not an extremely handsome man per se, he was pleasant with his dark eyes and dark hair which was always gelled in a sleek style but not amazingly handsome. But it was his voice that drove women insane. He had a very deep, masculine voice, all he had to was whisper something in women's ear and they would moan for him as if he had touched them. He was also a very sharp dresser. Always dressed in tailor fitted three-piece suits, women were also attracted to his aura. Charles "Lucky" Luciano was a dangerous man and it was evident to those around him. All that together made him a killer with the ladies.

"Wake up" he spoke again while shaking the blond and his voice was laced with irritation.
"mmm... What?". The blond moved from on top of him and laid next to him.

"I need you to leave. I have places that I must be." He spoke while moving off the bed to his feet.
The blond looked at him hopefully.

"I had fun last night. Maybe we can do it again." She said softly
"Maybe another time but I want you to leave I don't have much time." He said while going into the bathroom and slamming the door.
"Bitch." The blonde softly muttered to herself in irritation.

First Chapter of my first book. It's not edited so there is a lot of spelling and grammatical errors.

What do you guys think please give me feedback I would appreciate it.