Her

Young Noami Campbell on top

The cool breeze of the ocean hit Charlie's face as soon as he arrived in Atlantic City. The smell of fish struck his nose making him scrunch it in disgust.

How do people live in this shithole?

He consciously thought to himself. Ignoring his concious, he walked in one of the restuarants situated on the boardwalk. In contrast to the one he frequented in New york, this one was big with lighting coming from every direction as a result of the large windows in the restuarant.

A large crystal glass chandelier hung from above the ceiling.
Charlie walked around the restuarant until he spotted a sharply dressed middle aged man occupying a table. He smiled to himself. Salvatore Maranzano.
Maranzano was a contrast to Joe Masseria. While Masseria had short, chubby stature. Maranzano had a tall, fit build. Maranzano was also handsome unlike Masseria and still sported a full head of salt and pepper hair in contrast to Masseria's thinning hairline, which he tried to hide by different hairstyles. He walked towards Maranzano's table.

"Maranzano?" he asked
"Si" a pair of grey eyes looked up to him.
"You must Salvatore ?" Maranzano asked in his thick Sicilian accent.

Charles nodded and Maranzano got up and kissed Charlie on both cheeks in greeting.
Charlie took note that unlike Masseria Maranzano had manners as Joe would never get up to greet someone.

"Take a seat. Please". Marazano said while pointing to a seat opposite him.
Charles nodded and both men took their seats.
"Welcome to Atlantic City Mr. Luciano. How may I help you? " Maranzano said with a smile on face while his arms were wide open signaling around the restuarant.

Charles looked at the man suspiciously not trusting his 'friendly' behavior. In Charlie's eyes, men are only nice when they want something or even worse when they are up to something and Charles did not trust Maranzono for a second heck he did not even trust Masseria and that was his boss.

Charles cleared his throat and spoke.
" Thank you, sir. I was sent by Mr. Joe Masseria..."
"Oh. So you are Masseria's messanger boy?" Maranzano asked condecendingly.

Charles clenched his jaw trying to suppress himself from having an outburst. Charles was irritionally short tempered which is evident by the number of assult arrests he has on his wrap sheet. Any little thing could set him off. But as he grew older he tried to calm himself. A twenty-something-year-old Charles would have Maranzano's throat in his hands for daring to disrespect him.

But this was the new Charles he was no longer a boy, 31 years meant that he was a man and an aging one at that as his madre would say. However, Charles believed she only said that because she was pressuring him to take a wife and start a family. Which is something he swore he would never do. Being tied down to one woman was not an ideal life for him besides his job was not meant for family men, it would be too dangerous for him to start a family to top that Charles has never met a woman who gave him the desire to give up his bachelor lifestyle and he doubted that she existed.
Charles glared at Maranzano with his dark eyes and spoke through clenched teeth.

"No. I am his right-hand man"
A look of confusion overtook Maranzano's face.
"Are you not a bit too young to hold a position as a top official, what are you ....25..?"
"31" Charlie corrected.

And yes he was correct Charles was a bit young to hold a top position. It was usually men in their forties who held that position but Charlie had proven himself valuable when he saved Masseria's life and killed the man who tried to kill him. Charlie was also brutally violent and showed no mercy even when killing women and children and Masseria saw him as a valuable asset. Still people would be suprised about his position at such a young age, although it did not help that looked younger than his age due to his grooming techniques.