Confrontation

Maybelle walked to the hotel room which scene the previous week had brought so much distraught and trauma. Her father, in an attempt to win back her favour, had given back her bedroom telephone and she was allowed to go out without being hounded like a prisoner. Despite her father's efforts, she had not uttered a word in a week, her mother was in a zombie-like state, she had rarely seen or heard from her brother Lester who usually called every day visited on the weekend from university and she suspected that he was avoiding the family because of the situation. She had tried to be there for her little sister Adeline but there was only much emotional support she could offer the six-year-old, after all, she herself was only sixteen years old. She felt like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders but she Charles to help her through everything and she was grateful for his presence, it felt like he was the only person she could rely on lately besides Stacey. She knocked on the cream colored door and a young bright skinned woman opened the door.

"Maybelle". The woman said and Maybelle nodded eying hair up and down.

"May I come in". She asked and Edith opened the door to let her in. Maybelle held her head up and gracefully waltzed in the room.

"Would you like a seat and something to drink". Edith said gesturing towards the kitchen. Maybelle scrunched her nose fighting the urge to roll her eyes.

"I am rather swell thank you besides what I have to say will not take much of your time". She said looking down to the woman in disgust.

"Take your best shot I've been waiting for this". Edith said detecting Maybelle's cold demeanor.

"You have some nerve to display such confidence, after all, you have done". Maybelle spat appalled at the woman's behavior.

"And what exactly have I done?". Edith fought the urge to roll her eyes at the bratty behavior on display 

"You destroyed my family". Maybelle could feel the tears brimming from her eyes but she fought to keep them in, she needed to be strong for her mother's sake. 

"Oh please, your perfect little family was all a fallacy. I didn't destroy your family because there was nothing to destroy". Edith scoffed.

"You know women like you disgust me". Maybelle spat.

"Woman like me?". Edith folded her arms and furrowed her brows.

"Filthy wh*res". Maybelle was surprised at her own words. She doesn't recall ever cursing in her entire life. She had been raised to be a proper lady.

"If women like me are filthy wh*res what does that make men like your father". Edith sassily asked with a demure smirk.

"wh*re makers".  Maybelle replied. Edith glared at the young girl in front of her dressed in designer clothing and probably never worked a day in her life and judging by her well-manicured delicate hands Edith doubted that the brat had ever done a single chore in her entire life.

"Listen here you little spoilt brat". Edith said menacingly walking towards Maybelle.

"You come in your pretty little designer, walking around like you are the queen of England and come to judge me". She said pointing her finger to her chest.

"You do not know anything about me, you don't know anything about anything. All you are is a snobby little brat who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth". Edith glared at the girl, she may be Chalky's daughter but she needed a reality check and realize the world does not revolve around her.

"I know that you are my father's wh*re and I know that you birthed his bastard". She said with venom she didn't know she possessed. Edith moved to Maybelle's face so fast she thought she was going to strike her.

"Don't you ever call my daughter a bastard ever again, you f*cking prudish b*tch!". Edith yelled in her face. She called take insults directed at her but her daughter was a no go zone.

"You know maybe if you f*cking focused on your own relationship instead other people's your boyfriend wouldn't be f*cking the whole New York district". Edith said as she turned away from the girl.

"What are you talking about". Maybelle asked furrowing her brows. Edith turned to look at her.

"Oh you didn't know your beau Charles is a regular in the brothel that I used to work, in fact, I was visiting my friend when I saw him go in this morning". Edith said with a smirk.

"You are lying to me". Maybelle spat not believing the woman's lies. Charles would never do that to her, he had promised her she was his only just the previous day.

"Really, go ask any wh*re outside and they will tell you who Charlie Luciano is. Apparently, he is a favorite amongst the girls because he can f*ck a broad long and hard, my poor Elina limped for two days straight after he f*cked her and that was four days ago". Edith smirked and Maybelle stayed quiet.

"It seems as if your boyfriend likes wh*res like me. I can give you a few tips on how to please him if you'd like". Edith mocked.

"You are lying because that is what wh*res like you do, they lie". She was unsure if she was trying to convince Edith or herself. She could not comprehend that Charles would do that to her, he loved her. He had said it himself.

"If you do not, believe me, you can go there. I'm pretty sure he's there right now this whole gangster war is stressing him out". Edith spoke handing her an address card.

"Charles is a businessman what are you talking about?". Maybelle was tired of the woman's lies she first said her boyfriend is a cheater now she's implying he's a gangster. It was bad enough she broke up her parent's marriage now she wanted to break her relationship.

"Oh sweetheart, you don't anything". Edith mocked.

Maybelle grabbed the card and fled out of that apartment, she would get there and not find Charles than she would go back to confront that lying pig. She was confident in her relationship and no one would change that.

Well well, things are getting spicey up here. Anyway thoughts. Please vote, comment and share. Peace out peeps 😘😘

Edith Maitland on top with Chalky White. In the series, Chalky's mistress' name was Daughter Maitland but I thought the name was weird and confusing so I settled for Edith