Bang Bang Bang

There was dead silence in the car except for the occasional sobs and the car engine. Charles kept on glancing at the girl next to him, she was a weeping mess when he got to her and could barely speak she had yet to tell what was wrong but he felt that familiar pang in his chest when he saw her in this state. He took her small in his as he focused on the road and brought up to his lips before leaving a delicate kiss. She looked at him, tears marred her beautiful angelic face and he eyes had a deep sadness in them. Charles Luciano always thought he could handle anything but that look she had in her eyes could kill him. He tried letting her hand go so he could drive with both hands but she wouldn't let go and relented and settled with driving with one hand.

They arrived at his apartment building and he parked his car before they both got out and went to his apartment. No words were said he opened the door and led her to the couch. She collapsed in tears on his chest and he could do was brush softly in comfort.

-----------------------------------------------------
The large brown door of the white mansion was flung open and three men rushed in a frantic panic. Lenore turned to her panicked husband in confusion.

"Albert what is going on". Her calm voice held concern.

"Is Maybelle home?". His voice was in unusual panic.

"No,she is studying at Stacey's house. Is something the matter?". Lenore asked her husband who was frantic.

"Listen I ain't got no time to explain". He said as he grabbed his wife. Lenore looked in confusion and worry as he husband and his men were rushing around the house frantically. Suddenly more people were coming.

"I have sent ten officers around town and eight in New York to look for her. She couldn't have gotten far". Eli said as he came in followed by three officers.

"Albert what is going on. Where is my daughter?". She was starting to panic something was wrong and she could feel it. Chalky did not answer his wife.

"Albert where is Maybelle?". No answer still.

"Where is my baby?". Silence.
A loud scream rang through the house as the woman collapsed in tears. Chalky caught his sobbing wife before she could hit the floor.

"Get a God danm grip on yourself. We'll find her okay,I'll f*ckin find her". He yelled as he shook his wife who was weeping, he let go and left her a sobbing mess on the floor. Lenore's blurred vision looked at the man she loved as he walked away from her.

Their daughter was missing and she suspected it was one of his enemies involved, her father had warned her against marrying him because he was criminal but her heart rejected any objection her parents had against Albert she loved dearly. They were polar opposites she a light skinned girl that came from a wealthy educated Creole family that is from the north, he a dark skinned boy born to parents whose parents had been slaves. He came from a poor uneducated family in the south. But despite that she loved with all her heart, he was a good and faithful husband, a wonderful father and an adequate provider so she could overlook any faults he had.
------------------------------------------------------Maybelle laid on Charles' chest her sobbing had dubbed down and they sat in silence the only sounds audible being their breathing.

"My father is cheating on my mother". She suddenly said breaking the silence.

"Is that why you are so upset". Charles asked and Maybelle nodded.

"And to top it all off he has another child with his mistress". She spoke staring into space, her mother will be heartbroken.

"I am sorry to hear that". He didn't know what else to say. Because he himself was not being and had never been faithful to her. The was silence for a while before she spoke again.

"My poor mother. She loves him so much Charles she does not  deserve this. My sister Adeline she is only six years old and now our family is a mess". She spoke as her voice broke.

"I am sorry I am crying a lot". She cried wiping away her tears. He brought her closer to his chest. And gently tilted her head up to look at him.

"Don't ya ever apologize for showin ya emotions to me. I promised that I'll always be there for ya and I meant it". He said kissing her forehead.

"Come on let's get ya to sleep". He said getting up as he led her to his bedroom. He walked to his closet and came back changed into his pyjamas with a white t-shirt in his hand and gave it to her.

"Ya can sleep in this. I'm gonna take the couch goodnight". He said kissing her on the forehead walking out.

"Charles". She said as he was about to exit. He turned his head to look at her.

"Could sleep on the bed with me". She said and she could see how was about to protest.

"Please I want you to hold me". Her voice broke again.

He nodded and turned towards her,kissing her on the forehead. She walked to the bathroom and she changed into the t-shirt which stopped at her mid thigh. She walked out and Charles tried not looking at her body, not trusting himself. She went in the bed and he followed a bit far from her, she crawled closer to him and put head on his chest.

"Thank you Charles. I know I can always rely on you". She said slowly drifting to sleep on his chest.

Charles watched the beautiful girl that laid on top of him, they had not done anything sexual, yet he had never felt more intimate with woman. Her soft skin and warm body brought him a comfort he never knew he needed. He closed his eyes and slowly went into the best sleep in as long as he could remember. For the first time in years he had a deep peaceful sleep without the need for sex, opium or whiskey.

Sometimes Charles can be sweet but only to Maybelle unless he's high than he's nice to everyone lol. Anyway thoughts?. Please vote comment and share. Peace out peeps 😚😘😙