whiskey shots

Charles paced around with Meyer and Benny sitting around the table watching him. He poured himself another glass of whiskey before he chucked it down like he did with the previous.

"That's your third glass of whiskey in the last hour". Meyer stated looking at Charles usually calm demeanour now frantic.

"What are ya my priest?. Back off". Charles fired back and Meyer put his hands up in defeat.

There was a sudden knock and on the door and Charles sighed in relief hoping it was the person he was waiting for. He opened the door and a well dressed man stood there. His short afro hair was well trimmed and he did not have any facial hair. If Charles didn't know better he would have thought that the man held a respected career like a doctor or something. He opened the door further and the man walked in.

"What the f*ck happened to face". Nicky asked gesturing towards Charles' face. Nicholas 'Nicky' Barnes was an up and coming gangster in the New York drug trade, he was also an associate and friend of Charles.

"Chalky White caught him with his little girl and f*cked his face up with a gun". Benny replied amusement laced in voice. Benjamin Siegel or Benny as those close to him called him was a Jewish gangster known for his ruthless violent streak which earned him the nickname 'Bugsy' because they said he was crazier than a bed bug. He hated the nickname and no dared to call him that to his face.

"Chalky White?. Don't ever learn?". Nicky asked Charles. He was referring to incident that happened when Charles was nineteen and still in prison. His girlfriend at the time was a Negro woman and when she came to visit him in prison. The other Negro prisoners were not to happy to see a Negro woman with a white man and decided to gang up and attack Charles. Nicky helped Charles fight them off and basically saved his life, they became friends from there on.

"We ain't to talk about my love life". Charles shot back.

"You have a love life". Benny joked and he and Nicky chuckled. Charles glared at the men.

"Okay okay calm down. We know you love your meat dark and I don't blame you". Nicky said patting Charles on the back.

"I called ya here because I need ya to help me with somethin". Charles said and Nicky nodded indicating for him to continue.

"Ya aware that Chalky and Joe have been at for almost two months now? ". Nicky nodded.

"Well I figured this war has been going on to long one of them has to go". Meyer sat still in his seat looking at Charles in confusion.

"I need ya to infiltrate Chalky's organization, pretend to be one his men and gain his trust before we get rid of him". Charles stated and Meyer shot up from his seat.

"Woah woah. I thought we all agreed to see how the war was going before we make any decisions right now the war is still fresh". Meyer rushed out. He was confused by his friend's decision usually Charles was so calculated.

"We losin more money than we makin, this war has to end". Charles said as he turned to his friend

"Benny,Nicky would you please give Charlie and I some alone time". Meyer said and both men got up and left the room. Meyer sighed.

"Since when are we making hasty decisions". He glared at Charles.

"Since we're losin money because of this war". Charles raised his voice as he spoke. There was silence for a while.

"This is not about the war is it, is this about the girl". Meyer asked and Charles remained silent.

"Dammit Charlie, you are willing to risk everything for this girl". Meyer smacked his hand on the desk in anger.

"That's bullsh*t and ya know it". He replied pointing at Meyer.

"Than what is it huh?". He glared at Charles who remained silent. Meyer sighed.

"Have you developed an emotional connection to this girl". Meyer asked in a soft tone.

"It's lust Meyer just lust". He didn't know if he was trying to convince his friend or himself.

"So you wouldn't mind if she got caught up in this mess". Meyer asked and Charles glared at him.

"Meyer, I swear to God of ya do somethin to her". He didn't finish the sentence the look in his eyes said it all.

"Have you f*cked her yet". Meyer asked taking a seat in front of Charles. He remained quiet.

"All that talk and now you develop feelings without even getting a taste of her". Meyer asked and Charles remained silent.

"How deep do your feelings for this girl run?". Meyer asked with a sigh.

"Can we drop this topic please". Charles said lighting a cigarette before taking a drag. Meyer watched his friend in concern. Charles had fallen in love with the girl no doubt about it, this would affect them negatively. Charles was not thinking with his head instead he let his emotions for the girl dictate his decision and Meyer knew in their world emotion was a weakness.
------------------------------------------------------
Maybelle laid in her bed out of energy she had cried herself dry. Her life was a mess, her mother had locked herself in the bedroom after finding out about her husband infidelities and the love child that came out of it. She didn't know if Charles was alright after her father attacked him, she could not call him since her bedroom telephone was taken away by her father, he had people watching her like a hawk after he forced her to confess about her relationship with Charles. He than locked her in her room telling her no daughter of his would bring home a wop who would give her mulatto children.

Maybelle slowly began resenting her father day by day. When she was a little girl she use admire him and thought he was the greatest man in the world but now after finding out that he betrayed her mother and her family she began thinking otherwise. A knock came out and her father opened the door coming in the room, she turned her head the other way.

"Babygirl". He greeted her and she ignored him.

"Listen I'm sorry for everythin". Still no answer.

"Everythin I do is to protect this family". Silence. Chalky sighed

"I decided ya can ya phone back and go out as ya please but ya have to stay away from that greaseball". She felt her anger rise when her called Charles that word but she remained silent.

"I love ya". Her father said kissing her on the forehead before leaving. She made sure he was gone before calling the person she needed the most at this moment.

I am so tired. Thoughts?. Please vote comment and share. Peace out peeps 😘😙😚