Maybelle

If it were not for her dark complexion, Maybelle would have been red as a tomato from blushing as a result of the compliment given to her by the man sitting opposite her.

"Thank you." She giggled softly. He was a dangerous man, she could tell. He had a certain aura about him which reminded her of her father. Girls usually go for men like their fathers.

That's insane.

Her inner voice told her.  She could never be with him it was simply impossible. A white man and black woman was a crazy idea besides even if they could pass their difference in skin color, their age gap would also be a factor, he was probably married anyway.

"Are you married?" She asked suddenly. Whoever his wife is must be a lucky woman, he was so swell.

"No. No, I'm not" he replied. His answer made her smile for some reason. "Do you have a beau?". He asked breaking her train of thought.

"No." She replied with a shy smile and he nodded. " A pretty girl like you and none of these boys are interested?". He asked in a deep voice, causing her to giggle shyly.

She was infatuated by him. His deep masculine voice sent tingles down her spine and made her heart flutter. He was handsome in a dark mysterious sort of way and this drew her to him more. All her life she was overly protected and sheltered after all she was her father's babygirl as he would say. She was never allowed to explore but this man-made her want to break out of her shell. She was usually approached by boys her own age and was never interested but Charles was no boy. No, he was the definition of a man and this made Maybelle's heart flutter.

"I'm simply not interested in courting anyone now, besides my father would never allow it." Charles raised his thick eyebrows. "So you're a daddy's girl, yes ?". He asked amused. "You could say that."

"Do you do everything your father tells you to?". He asked. She nodded. "Yes, most of the time." She replied. He nodded. "So you are a good girl, huh?" He asked taking a sip from his milkshake. She laughed softly. "I try to be. I go to church as well as Sunday school on Sundays." She replied. "Oh umm, I love reading too". She giggled softly and bit her lower lip causing him to groan.

"Don't do that." He whispered with his deep voice. He had a dark look in his beautiful eyes and this caused butterflies in her stomach. She suddenly couldn't breathe and the room temperature skyrocketed. She bit back the moan in the back of her throat. His voice was like a spell, how many women did he bewitch with it. His cologne was also doing something to her. There's nothing more attractive than a man who smells good.

What is this man doing to me?

Her inner voice asked. She complied and let her go of lip from her upper front teeth. "Good..." He whispered in that same deep dark voice while still having that dark look in his eyes. "I like good girls." He said with a devilish smirk causing her to blush once again.

"So what kind of books do you like to read." He asked while finishing his milkshake. "Uhm I mostly like romance novels like Shakespeare." She said with a shy smile.

"So I'm guessing you like Romeo and Juliet." He scoffed. "What's wrong with Romeo and Juliet." She asked a little confused by his reaction. " I just think a couple of kids killing themselves in the name of  'love' is stupid. There is no such thing is eternal love, it's just pure lust." He said while rolling his eyed.  "So you don't think that two people can love each other  be together forever." She asked causing Charles to scoff and chuckle.

"What?" She asked innocently. Charles shook his head. " Oh sweetheart, oh fancy face you are quite naive aren't ya?". He asked with a smirk plastered on his face . " fancy face. Humans are not monogynous by nature, this idea of a soulmate was a lie. That's why so many married men have mistresses, we are not meant to be tied down to one person, you're young as you get older you'll get where I'm coming from." She looked at him with a curious expression for a few seconds.

"Have you ever been in love Charles?" She blurted out suddenly causing Charles to almost choke on his milkshake. "What?" He asked after recovering. "The way you speak you sound like someone who has been hurt by someone you once loved." She said, a small frown forming on her soft features. Charles scoffed. " I told you fancy face love is for idiots and to answer your question no I have never been in love." He answered. "So you have never courted a lady?" she asked curiously. "No never." He replied firmly.

"Bu..but don't you ever get lonely or wish you had someone to talk to when you get home?" She asked. " My mistresses keep my bed warm. That"s all I need I'm a man so I don't do the lovey-dovey shit." He muttered causing heat to rise on Maybelle's cheeks. Sex was never a topic of discussion in her strict Christian home, even thinking about the word made her feel dirty. She bit her lip and shyly tried to avoid Charles' gaze, he must have realized how uncomfortable she was because he chuckled lightly.

" Oh, I forget that you are a kid and no nothing about these things." He said amused. Her eyes darted back to him. "I am not a child. Sixteen means that I'm a young woman and I am a proper lady so we do not speak about these things." She said. He looked at her with an amused expression on his face. " You think sixteen is a young woman." He scoffed. "Yes." She said firmly nodding her head. He leaned a little forward. "Prove it. Prove how much of a woman you are." She raised her brow. " Well you haven't proven how much of a man you are to me so why should I." She stated boldly. A dark chuckle escaped from Charles' lips as leaned back into his seat observing the bold young woman in front of him. His features darkened as leaned forward enough to be close her ear. "I would ruin you for any man. You would only know pleasure from me that's how much of a man I can be." He whispered darkly in her ear, his voice sounding sexy and dangerous. She didn't miss the dark look in his eyes.

This man is trouble.

ANOTHER UPDATE, HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED IT. AGAIN LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE. YOUR SUPPORT GIVES ME HOPE. THANK YOU❤😍

OH AND THE SONG ON TOP IS DREAM LOVER BY BOBBY DARIN. IT WAS THE NUMBER 1 SONG ON THE BILLBOARD TOP 100 IN 1959.