Birthday Boy

Charles walked into the familiar restaurant but he was no  longer the man that left those doors a month ago. A lot had changed in that month, he had experienced the most traumatic experience of his life which made him paranoid. He could barely sleep without reliving the incident, he tried taking sleeping pills but they didn't work so he resorted to what he knew best opium, whiskey and sex. His paranoia was fuelled even more by the fact that he had a pregnant wife to provide for and protect. They had been married for only a few days but he felt that Grace was being a good wife so far. She woke him up with breakfast in bed, prepared his suit for the day and she opened her legs for him anytime he asked, he secretly liked when she spoke Italian as he was f*cking her, her moans and screams made him feel like he was fulfilling his duties as a husband. She had a way of feeding his ego and made him feel like a man,she knew her place in their relationship and she was an obedient wife and that's all he wanted from her.

"Salvatore". Joe said as Charles approached the table he was sitting around.

"Joe". Charles nodded as he stood in front of the man.

"You very lucky man". Joe said as he ran his finger down his cheek in reference to Charles' facial  scar, Charles shifted on his feet feeling self conscious before he cleared his through and fixed his tie, subconsciously hiding the large scar that ran across his throat.

"Luck has nothin to do with it". He said as he took his seat.

"I hear you married she no Sicilian woman  but you still married with baby on way". Joe said with a smirk, he felt as if Charles was finally growing up and having a wife and a child would make him more dangerous since he had something to lose.

"Yeah". Charles said curtly not wanting to talk about his wife and unborn child to a man he didn't trust, his enemies had something over him now and a small part of him resented Grace for getting pregnant. His gaze would sometimes shift to his hand and every time he saw his gold ring he was reminded that he was a man who was tied down to one woman at least according to the law and the bible.

"We no hear to talk about your wife, I have a problem". Joe said taking a sip of his wine

"What is it?". Charles asked taking out a cigarette before lighting it.

"I hear of your side  little business in Miami". Joe spat and Charles stopped smoking as he stiffened in his seat.

"Joe it ain't like that". He said trying to figure a way out of this situation, last thing he needed was to be on Joe's hit list. He had yet figured a way to get rid of the man.

"Relax figlio I no angry at you". Charles furrowed his brows looking at the man with a confused facial expression.

"Ya ain't?". He didn't trust the man he was up to something.

"No because you gonna give me thirty percent of all your profits". If looks could kill than Giuseppe Masseria would be a dead man by the look Charles gave him.

"Thirty percent Joe f*ckin thirty percent ?. I already share fifty percent with f*ckin Meyer". His heroin trade business was shared with his friend Meyer.

"That no my problem. I gave you hand you take whole f*cking arm, approfitti di ciò che ho costruito!(you take advantage of what I have built)". Joe slammed his fist on the table as he yelled. Charles remained quiet.

"Now you pay thirty percent or your wife will be a widow and your child have no father, yes?". Joe said and Charles nodded slowly. He could easily kill this f*ck with his bare hands and if he didn't have a ring on his finger he would have but everything was different now. He could not live the dangerous life he had lived, personally he didn't fear death but he had a child now  and that changes a man.

----------------------------------------------------
Charles relaxed into his seat as he looked to the stage watching the beautiful women dance, he had his eyes on the blonde bombshell. It was the 24th November 1959 and it was Charles' thirty second birthday. He and a few friends went to a local club whilst Grace stayed at home, he had promised that he would be home by 7pm and it was now 9pm. Charles watched as the woman dance seductively as her eyes went to him and a smirk formed his face, he was getting lucky tonight. After they finished the woman walked off the stage and had to move amongst the customers due to the club being small. The blonde walked past him and he gently grabbed her wrist stopping her movements.

"Can I talk to ya". He said in a low deep voice.

"You talking to me". She replied in a what seemed to be a thick Russian accent.

"What's ya name?". He asked as slowly and seductively brushed her arm.

"None of your business". She replied and he smirked.

"Ya playing hard to get?". He said as he felt himself getting excited.

"No I just think you wasting my time". She replied loosening from his grip.

"Ya know who I am?". He said with a coy smirk.

"Eveybody knows who you are Mr Luciano". She whispered seductively.

"How's about I take ya to dinner".He said with a seductive smirk.

"I don't think your wife would like that". She said as pointed to his ring. He groaned.

"What she doesn't know won't kill her". He winked causing a blush to form on her rosey cheeks.

------------------------------------------------------
Grace laid in bed looking at the clock for what seemed to be the millionth time, she had cried herself into exhaustion it was three in the morning and her husband and not returned home yet. She had spent the entire day cooking his favourite meal and baked a cake for him since it was his birthday. She waited for him to come home for six hours before realizing she was wasting her time. She knew he was with another woman, she may be hopelessly in love with him but she wasn't stupid

Suddenly the front door opened and she heard someone walking in the apartment whilst singing.

"I can't help but fallin in love with ya". She heard Charles chuckle as he slurred his words, he was drunk.

He stumbled into the bedroom and got on the bed next to her, he smelled like alcohol, cigarettes and women's perfume. Her heart broke he had cheated without doubt and she began softly crying.

"Gracie baby what's wrong". He slurred and she remained quiet wiping away her tears. He climbed on top of her

"I'm sorry". He said peppering soft kisses all over her, she remained still.

"It won't happen again". She looked him in the eyes when he said that, his eyes were glossy which meant he was smoking opium. She sobbed even more at this, her husband was a broken man.

"Please don't cry I won't do it  again". He said. Lies all lies she knew he would do it again, her mind told her to leave but her heart wanted him, it was always him that held her heart.

"Let me make it better". He said and she nodded as he proceeded to slowly take her clothes off. Most women would have left the moment he threw that glass at her but not her, she knew him, he wouldn't hurt her especially since she was carrying his child, he was not being himself. He needed her, he wouldn't admit it out loud but she knew he needed her and she was willing to be patient and help him go though this dark phase in his life at the end she would get the man she loved,Grace thought ,she moaned softly as her husband made love to her in the most beautiful way.

My story has reached 1k reads and I thank you guys for all your support. Anyway, thoughts?. Lucky is 32 now and no longer a young chap. Peace out😘😘😘