Waking up

Remus Pov:

Stupid, stupid. I mentally hit myself in the head, stupid. I couldn't believe it, tears pouring down my cheeks, my shoulders shaking uncontrollably, Sirius, my Sirius. I should be dead! He shouldn't have to be hurt like this trying to save me. It was my fault, stupid, stupid.

Yes Madame Pomfrey said he was going to be fine, and would be discharged as soon as he woke up, but I didn't believe her, I didn't believe anything when it came to Sirius. Damn, I love that boy so much. I was lucky, I would've been killed if that branch had hit me. But it hit Sirius, I would rather have died than watch him get hurt for me, so I guess it's good that I had been, how shall we say, a little out if it.

"Ugh" I light moan came from the bed in front of me,

"SIRIUS!" I ran over and hugged my best friend, I was never letting go, not this time.

"Remus" he muttered, "thank god your alive. Moony, moony, why are you crying so much it could fill the prefects bathroom?"

I bawled even more, "because, I.. Sho-ould be de..ead not you." I hiccoughed into his shoulder, uncontrolled,

"Well for one Moony I am not dead, as evident by the fact I am breathing, which is more that can be said for you!"

To be fair I was having some sort of mental breakdown on the chair next to his bed, crap this probably doesn't look very appealing does it, then again he still sees me turn Into a giant furry beast each month, so a little crying can't be that bad can it.?

I watched as his teeth gritted together as though he was about to punch someone, I got scared, I had see that look on Sirius's face before and it never, ever meant anything good.

"Moony?"

"Yes...,pads?" I said shrinking into my chair, I was really scared now..

"What happened to Snivelleus? Because if it hasn't already happened I would rather like to kill that murderous bastard,?"

I relaxed, this story was going to be fun to tell,

" well, besides detentions till the end of the year, once you'd been hit, lily ran over to Snape and began to yell all sorts of things at him, then he said something rude and she looked at prongs, then turned around and punched him really hard in the face, practically knocked him out!"

"Good old Evans" he murmured, with a slight smile in his face, he was oblivious, the best bit was yet to come,

"Then she yelled something else, then, as loud as she could she managed to yell, 'YES YES YES YES AND FUCK YES JAMES POTTER I WILL GO OUT WITH YOU!"

"NO!" Sirius yelled, now with a huge grin plastered on his already perfect face,

"Yep! James managed to drop you, and literally looked liked someone had smacked him across the face, Snape looked bloody pissed and lily just looked normal, until James ran over to her and started snogging her to rapturous applause from everyone else."

"I don't believe it!" He said chuckling,

"Well yep," I replied "they've been dating ever since"

"Wait, ever since? How long have I been unconscious?"

"Two weeks, I've been worried sick about you." I said, a blush creeping up on my cheeks.

"No, shit, I need to pra-" I said, then looked embarrassed and it was clear he didn't want to talk much more.

I was about to go, even if I didn't want to it was way past curfew, and I had to get back to Peter, who had been a bit ditsy since he started dating Lucy, one of Lily's friends. Yesterday he had set the dormitory on fire.

I stood up, "sorry pads I've got to go, will explain tomorrow once your discharged,"

"Okay mate, come get me in the morning, I want to have certain words with a Mr Potter." He said a smile on his face.

I chuckled then walked away, by the time I looked back, Sirius was already asleep.

I felt my heart break a little as I walked away.

A.n// sorry it's so short, will hopefully update tomorrow as well!